Trying to be reasonable here

mrags

7 hours ago, Low Positive said:

what he figured out is that Carolina was not going to take who the Bills wanted, so why not pick up a free 4th rounder?

I see no way that the Bills would allow a team to trade up one spot to take the player they planned on taking at 33. 

No way...they would have asked them at the very least if they were trading up for "this player" and if they said yes then no deal.

Just now, Big Turk said:

I see no way that the Bills would allow a team to trade up one spot to take the player they planned on taking at 33. 

No way...they would have asked them at the very least if they were trading up for "this player" and if they said yes then no deal.

Carolina, with their rookie GM, telegraphed that pick. And they took the local guy to boot.

I'm not gonna be reasonable anymore. For a guy who talks about getting more explosive Beane gets:

- a plodding big slot WR

- an overdraft at a devalued position

- a no-traits defensive lineman to backup your best D player

That looks like a fail for an in-window reset. Minimal upside, and a failure to add the very thing you talked about adding to the roster - explosiveness.

This isn't about Franklin, this is about traits and value positions. I wouldn't have drafted anyone Beane did in the places he drafted them. Hopefully the fact that he gets paid millions of dollars to do this ***** means he'll be more correct, but I. Just. Hate. This. Day 2.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Feeling pretty distraught after this draft. Looking back @ Elam doesn't make it any better either. If Pegs had any clue, BB's seat would be red hot.

The handling of this years draft is nothing less than a complete and utter debacle.

If we don't win it all this year both Beane and McClappy have to go.  In fact after this draft and viewing the plan moving forward, Id be tempted to move on from both of them now. We're decidedly worse this year with all our eggs in the Coleman basket to get us over the hump. What a joke.

Edited by babulator
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm not gonna be reasonable anymore. For a guy who talks about getting more explosive Beane gets:

- a plodding big slot WR

That looks like a fail for an in-window reset. Minimal upside, and a failure to add the very thing you talked about adding to the roster - explosiveness.

This isn't about Franklin, this is about traits and value positions. I wouldn't have drafted anyone Beane did in the places he drafted them. Hopefully the fact that he gets paid millions of dollars to do this ***** means he'll be more correct, but I. Just. Hate. This. Day 2.

There is something to be said about mcbeane trying to manage the locker room rather than drafting the best football players. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Josh wanted Keon Carpenter and asked Beane for him

eye rolls and vomit emojis lol.

Dont shoot the messenger.  I think Coleman was overdrafted, and  Im not a fan of the pick.  But it is widely reported that Josh like Keon, and told Beane

Does this remind anyone else of the last time the Bills had no WR's so they traded for Kelvin Benjamin (big, slow)? Didn't work out too well. Josh doesn't throw unless the guy is super open aka separation. It's like deja vu all over again!

17 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

If we are trying to be reasonable hopefully the gm/coach gets fired after missing the playoffs 

They will just say it was a rebuilding year and run it back again. Josh will be in his 30's by the time they have figured out they wasted his prime

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

The argument that we gave KC what they wanted is irrational, absurd, and illogical. Were we suppose to take Worthy just to stop the evil empire, is that who you wanted. Do you think KCs GM told Beane that's who he was taking and then laughed maniacally in the phone. And let's not forget that we should've taken RT Kingsley in the second, instead taking a great safety prospect, how stupid can we be. Then in the third we already beat them by stealing their pick (maniacally laughing). Now on the third day we must sell our souls to the draft overlord so he can tell us who KCs gonna pick so we can beat them to the punch, Even mortgaging next year's draft if need be. KC you dirty "BASTARDSSSSSSSS" we'll get you, if it's the last thing we do, we'll get you.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, babulator said:

Feeling pretty distraught after this draft. Looking back @ Elam doesn't make it any better either. If Pegs had any clue, BB's seat would be red hot.

The handling of this years draft is nothing less than a complete and utter debacle.

If we don't win it all this year both Beane and McClappy have to go.  In fact after this draft and viewing the plan moving forward, Id be tempted to move on from both of them now. We're decidedly worse this year with all our eggs in the Coleman basket to get us over the hump. What a joke.

1 player does not a football team make. Unless according to everyone his names Josh Allen. A team like football needs to work like a symphony you need all kinds of different instruments to make that beautiful music, especially if they're doing Pink Floyd songs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

- a plodding big slot WR

I’m w you. Drafted for need. Again. 

I’ll tell you ONE thing. Mcbeane BETTER be right. They directly passed and traded on worthy and leggette. So I don’t care about “fit” and “scheme” and all that BS. So Coleman BETTER be better than those two guys.

What’s concerning: Josh Allen seemed to pick Coleman ? Uhhhhh - i don’t want my qb involved tbh 

once again I’m sick of the premium mcbeane places on “captain” and “character.” We ARE not winning in the playoffs . We NEED impact players. 

still don’t have impact players. This is a gross draft so far . Def rebuild. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would rather have traded the Farm for Odunze in hindsight.

But I am sure there is a method to Beanes madness.

Wait and see I guess.

Not any kind of delighted though. Especially WR. Bills needed an over the top player

Coleman has trouble with separation , I have read more than once.

Can be coached up, sure. 

But really Mcbeanes? Thats it ?

• Thank you (+1) 1