Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

2 hours ago, Casey D said:

On NFL Network it was Mike Williams.  People here don't know what the fu#k they are talking about.  Let's trust the folks that took us from laughingstock to primetime material.

SB Nation gave the Bills an A for the pick and said we are going to love Coleman and he plays much much faster than his 40 time and catches literally everything.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People need to explore the relationship they have with speed.  Gabe was our home run hitter with 4.54. Diggs was highly effective with deeper routes early in his time here. Most people aren't flying by DB's at the NFL level. What is the playing speed? Coleman has elite physical skills. Size and vertical. He has playing speed. He's not a guy that is all legs when he runs. He has very nice agility in and out of his breaks. Nacua ran a 4.57, he's far more athletic than Nacua. The NFL isn't only about speed. Josh has never had a true contested catch monster like this. It's going to be a blast watching those two in the red zone. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Will be better than Puka

Is he going to be one of those guys that are "better" but far less productive with an ongoing series of discussions on why actual production is not an indicator of "better"?

Edited by Chaos

Look at the 2 - 230 minute mark. That is not normal for a guy that is 6"4. It's abnormal athletic ability to have that body control and start and stop at that size. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I am not saying it's a bad player or bad pick.  I like Coleman.  

But...it's odd AF that you'd move out of 28, with your WR (apparently Coleman is your guy) and expose yourself to the risk of missing out.  

IF this was your guy...congrats for the manuevering.  

Show me a guy that’s fast at the combine and it translates to the NFL

46 minutes ago, Bills aPHILLYate said:

If you aren't solely reliant on one rookie to bail your offense out of every dire situation then I think you better your chances of allowing him to prove himself in those type of scenarios.

We just traded a #1 who literally didn't do this for us so I'll allow the rook the opportunity to show what he could be. 

For sure.  Diggs inability to help win games in the playoffs was his biggest detriment imo.  Even more so than his off field stuff (I know most would disagree).  He disappeared when needed most.

Hopefully Coleman and Josh can develop a connection with the jump balls.  One on one deep

down the field on scramble drills should be his bread and butter.  Coleman should be able to position himself and outmuscle and physically outmatch corners in single coverage.  This is an exciting prospect. Having him and Kincaid out there should give us lots of options with cook, Samuel and Shak.  

I think our playmakers are better than most think

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

People need to explore the relationship they have with speed.  Gabe was our home run hitter with 4.54. Diggs was highly effective with deeper routes early in his time here. Most people aren't flying by DB's at the NFL level. What is the playing speed? Coleman has elite physical skills. Size and vertical. He has playing speed. He's not a guy that is all legs when he runs. He has very nice agility in and out of his breaks. Nacua ran a 4.57, he's far more athletic than Nacua. The NFL isn't only about speed. Josh has never had a true contested catch monster like this. It's going to be a blast watching those two in the red zone. 

So, he wasn't my guy, but now that he's the pick, I'm looking forward. I hope the positive interpretations are correct.

You can make a plausible case, but not everyone who was against the pick is a moron who just looked at the forty time.

Some of us watched a lot of youtube and podcasts and read numerous analyses.

Anyway, for certain, Coleman has basketball finesse to his game. That's not unimportant. It's what made a TE like Gates so effective. I want the fella to be good.

And for sure, he's built for bad weather and playoff football. 

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I think the "speed" the Bills (and most teams) are missing is the combination of quickness and speed exemplified by peak Tyreek Hill, that allows  teams to run very low risk, yet high reward plays. I don't think most people have a vision of someone streaking down the field outrunning everybody on a regular basis. 

Personally I don't think the Bills have any issue "moving the chains", ie advancing to the redzone.  The only scoring problems the Bills have are due to short field goal range and missed field goals that a pure limitation of Bass, and an inability to convert at the very highest rates in the endzone. Coleman could very well help with the red zone conversion rate. If Coleman is not a difference maker in the red zone, he will just be a JAG WR. 

Edited by Chaos

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Look at the 2 - 230 minute mark. That is not normal for a guy that is 6"4. It's abnormal athletic ability to have that body control and start and stop at that size. 

I see a beast who catches everything with his hands

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Watching this it occurred to me what it is that he can do that we don't see from our guys now. He fights back for underthrown balls. Not only does he seem to be good at getting his hands on the ball (I realize these are just highlights) but this style of play tends to lead to getting those DPI calls when he can't come up with it too. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

2 drops on 88 targets.

Not a draft guy at all, I don't do mocks or anything but I trust this front office. 

I trust Beane and Co and Josh carefully concluded on Coleman and he adds a dimension to Shakir,Kincaid, Samuel that was missing.. we'll see 

There is no doubt whatsoever that Keon Coleman has a different skill set thatn the Bills current receivers.

The big concern is whether his skill set transfers to the NFL and whether he can separate from defenders sufficiently for Josh to trust his eyes.

Im optimistic that Josh learns that Coleman is open even when he doesnt have separation, given his ball skills.  Well learn a lot in 6 months.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

So, he wasn't my guy, but now that he's the pick, I'm looking forward. I hope the positive interpretations are correct.

You can make a plausible case, but not everyone who was against the pick is a moron who just looked at the forty time.

Some of us watched a lot of youtube and podcasts and read numerous analyses.

Anyway, for certain, Coleman has basketball finesse to his game. That's not unimportant. It's what made a TE like Gates so effective. I want the fella to be good.

And for sure, he's built for bad weather and playoff football. 

Gavin Free Love GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

Well learn a lot in 6 months.

I'm not here to react in 6 months, I need to be right NOW! 🤣

Excellent breakdown and, for me, love the notion of a WR w different skills than the Bills current WRs. :beer: 

26 minutes ago, eball said:

This is the biggest sack of shite post I’ve ever seen.  Get lost, dude.

Lol, coming from you of all people. The winner of the thread, Mr keyboard extraordinaire.  Show me where they touched you and I'll let proper authorities know. Out of respect for this person it is what it is... but I think the only sack of shite here is in your head my man!

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

2 drops on 88 targets.

Not a draft guy at all, I don't do mocks or anything but I trust this front office. 

I trust Beane and Co and Josh carefully concluded on Coleman and he adds a dimension to Shakir,Kincaid, Samuel that was missing.. we'll see 

I find this stat a little misleading.  That can not be factual.  If so, I will gladly be wrong in taking him.