It’s bananas to me that you can bet on the Draft…

2 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Talk about information advantage

It surprises me too, but I have to think that vegas is dialed in to information too. GMs do give info away sometimes, but they almost always try to keep secret their final decisions. 

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I thought you could bet about damned near anything now a days

Just wait. Sports betting isn’t the endgame. The companies are losing money on it so far. Their goal is to get table games and slots on your phones so everyone can gamble 24-7. That’ll be their moneymaker if it happens. 

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Just wait. Sports betting isn’t the endgame. The companies are losing money on it so far. Their goal is to get table games and slots on your phones so everyone can gamble 24-7. That’ll be their moneymaker if it happens. 

Isn't that already here?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Where can you bet on it?  I’m down in Pittsburgh area and can’t seem to on any of the betting sites.

Every state has different rules. For example in NY you can't bet on individual awards like NFL MVP etc. Don't think you can bet on the draft in NY either.

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What are the betting odds on Caleb Williams going #1 overall?  Or is that not even an option because we all know it's happening

It would probably be the same odds as when Dallas picked Aikman.........everybody knew it was coming for months before the draft.

If you can bet on the color of the Gatorade being dumped on the HC in the SB, you can bet on anything.......nothing surprises me anymore.

In fact, if they ever bring out a contest to see how many times a guy can take a ballpein hammer swing to the nuts, i'll bet they'll have betting on that too........i'm also betting that number is one.

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I thought you could bet about damned near anything now a days

I think because the draft is so information heavy the risk of insider trading is far too high. I think if a sports book wanted to they could do it but I just think they don’t like the risk? 

5 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

I know I'm going to show my age, but I hate how much gambling is shoved into people's faces. I'm okay with gambling, but how much it is glamorized is unfortunate. 

I am all for gambling on sports being legal. I don’t do it, personally I think it’s usually a way to lose money. However, it’s a vice and if some people can do it responsibly that is fine. It is not like prohibition worked anyway.

However much like Cigarettes the government needs to step in and highly restrict the advertising of sports gambling. I think 10 years from now when they eventually do restrict the advertising we are going to look back on the ubiquitous nature of gambling ads as a really stupid and antiquated thing like we do with tobacco products.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

every state that you can gamble sports has slots, live table games etc. 

41 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

every state that you can gamble sports has slots, live table games etc. 

I live in Elmira so I'm close to the NY/PA border. I occasionally bet on Draftkings. You cannot play table games/slots etc. in NY State. But as soon as I cross into PA those games become available. I take my car for service to a dealership in PA and have played a few hands of blackjack while I was waiting. 

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Draftkings is enjoying massive revenue increases.  The expect $410 to 510 million EBITDA on revenues of 4.9 billion next year. 

Fanduel is expecting $635 to $785 billion earnings next year

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Draftkings is enjoying massive revenue increases.  The expect $410 to 510 million EBITDA on revenues of 4.9 billion next year. 

Fanduel is expecting $635 to $785 billion earnings next year

david goodbye GIF

• Haha (+1) 3