1st Round Draft Poll...WWBD (what will Beane do)?

eball

WWBD?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Buffalo wind up selecting their 1st round pick?

The price is going to be too steep to trade within the top 10, maybe even the 11-20 range........i could see a move up a couple of spots within 20, but i think he'll stay at 28, let the board fall to him and carry on......IMO.

• Agree 3

I think he fights his normal urges and makes a small move back. I really think he's bugged by the fact that he counted on having that 3rd round comp pick and it became a 4th instead. I think (no proof...just hunch) that it's been eating away at him and he wants into that 3rd round where some good value can be found.

I look for him to make a deal and slide back to the 30-40 range and pick up a late 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I think they'll either stay at 28 or trade up a few a spots. 

I think the pick will be one of this group...Laiatu Latu,  Cooper Dejean,  Ladd McConkey,  Xavier Worthy and Troy Franklin. 

• Sad 1

I’ve had this weird feeling that they were going into the top 10 for a while. I thought that when Diggs was here. If I thought it then, I can’t change now that the need is greater. I can’t shake Beane press conference when he talked about how “he would love a Ja’marr Chase but hopes to never finish bad enough to draft one.” To me, I think that he looks at it as, “swing big on a star WR” and avoid paying that giant bill for 5 years. You can allocate that savings, moving forward to pass rush or whatever. The rising cost of elite receivers makes this the right time to swing big. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve had this weird feeling that they were going into the top 10 for a while. I thought that when Diggs was here. If I thought it then, I can’t change now that the need is greater. I can’t shake Beane press conference when he talked about how “he would love a Ja’marr Chase but hopes to never finish bad enough to draft one.” To me, I think that he looks at it as, “swing big on a star WR” and avoid paying that giant bill for 5 years. You can allocate that savings, moving forward to pass rush or whatever. The rising cost of elite receivers makes this the right time to swing big. 

What you're saying makes sense, however, Beanes' stated philosophy is to build through the draft every year and you can't do that by blowing your load on one player, leaving very little draft capital left to address other concerns.

• Agree 4

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

But does he have the ammo to trade up that high?  I know he would love to do it but I don't know if he has the means.  I think realistically he trades up but more around 18 to early 20's range 

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

But does he have the ammo to trade up that high?  I know he would love to do it but I don't know if he has the means.  I think realistically he trades up but more around 18 to early 20's range 

It won’t be cheap but, realistically, something like 28, 60, 144, ‘25 1st & ‘25 2nd (preferably ours) would seem like enough. The Bills could still use those 4ths, 5ths, etc… to fill out the depth on the DL & secondary. They’d still have an early 2nd next year (at least in theory). 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It won’t be cheap but, realistically, something like 28, 60, 144, ‘25 1st & ‘25 2nd (preferably ours) would seem like enough. The Bills could still use those 4ths, 5ths, etc… to fill out the depth on the DL & secondary. They’d still have an early 2nd next year (at least in theory). 

I would love to trade up and get one of the premium receiver's but I hate the thought of giving up that much capital as we still have a few other holes that need to be addressed.  Either way it's going to be a really interesting draft this year.  I'm excited 

• Agree 1