Iran attacks Israel

3 minutes ago, muppy said:

checking in to see if Israel will escalate, aka retaliate. And where, when, how. I guess I'll Google. Or ask the brethren here their thoughts. Its Important information

I am continuing to pray. I dare say it would be no surprise on either side reading  me saying that ONLY God can bring any Peace in this region of the world.

the political rhetoric gets hateful and heated I get it. But at the CORE of us I trust both sides would prefer peace in our world instead of war.

But how to achieve it and get there....Come Lord Jesus. May YOUR will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

I haven't seen anything definitive on an Israeli retaliation.  I've seen that they (Israel) are deliberating/contemplating options at this point on whether or not to strike back.  I did see that Iran said they are done with anymore strikes and are calling it "even Steven" unless Israel strikes them.  Have to wait and see over the next few hours/days.  Scary stuff...

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The amount of logical backflips you have to do to arrive at the conclusion that the people who want Ukraine to be able to defend itself are the ones responsible for them dying is insane. I cannot imagine what kind of media diet someone with this idea has. 

Putin is responsible for Ukrainians dying. Putin has said that there’s no reason to stop the war when he’s winning because Ukraine is running out of ammo. The people who are responsible for Ukrainians dying are Putin and the people who prevent Ukraine from pushing his forces back by denying them support. 

This coming from someone who still believes/maintains Biden didn't know he had classified material all over his house for years.  Spare us. 

The only reason you libs care about Ukraine is because of what happened with Trump, Biden and Hunter.  You never gave a ***** about it when Barry did nothing after Russian annexed Crimea (because he had more flexibility).

Just now, Doc said:

This coming from someone who still believes/maintains Biden didn't know he had classified material all over his house for years.  Spare us. 

The only reason you libs care about Ukraine is because of what happened with Trump, Biden and Hunter.  You never gave a ***** about it when Barry did nothing after Russian annexed Crimea (because he had more flexibility).

Do you ever get anything correct?

You seem to live in a sad little bubble protecting yourself from reality because you cannot handle anything that might challenge you just a little bit. Projecting your ignorance on others seems to give you comfort even if you’re wildly wrong. 

If ignorance is bliss, you’ve gotta be one of the happiest people around. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

You seem to live in a sad little bubble protecting yourself from reality because you cannot handle anything that might challenge you just a little bit. Projecting your ignorance on others seems to give you comfort even if you’re wildly wrong. 

This is funny.  Thanks for the laugh.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Shouldn't this be in the "Projection" Thread ?

Meanwhile: Would we (the U.S.) accept this if missiles were fired at us?

Biden warns Netanyahu US will NOT support Israel's counterattack on Iran amid fears of all-out war:

President tells PM in late-night call 'you got a win, take the win' after IDF shot down 'nearly all'

incoming drones and missiles

by Joe Hutchison

President Joe Biden told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the US will oppose any counterattack against Iran, sources have revealed. Biden spoke with Netanyahu in a late-night phone call after Iran bombarded Israel with hundreds of missiles and drones on Saturday in response to a drone strike in Syria that killed 12 Iranians, including two top generals. A senior White House official told Axios that Biden made it clear to Netanyahu that US forces would not participate in any further operations. Netanyahu said he understood.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13306161/Biden-warns-Netanyahu-NOT-support-Israels-counterattack-Iran-amid-fears-war-President-tells-PM-late-night-call-got-win-win-IDF-shot-nearly-incoming-drones-missiles.html

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Meanwhile: Would we (the U.S.) accept this if missiles were fired at us?

Biden warns Netanyahu US will NOT support Israel's counterattack on Iran amid fears of all-out war:

President tells PM in late-night call 'you got a win, take the win' after IDF shot down 'nearly all'

incoming drones and missiles

by Joe Hutchison

President Joe Biden told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the US will oppose any counterattack against Iran, sources have revealed. Biden spoke with Netanyahu in a late-night phone call after Iran bombarded Israel with hundreds of missiles and drones on Saturday in response to a drone strike in Syria that killed 12 Iranians, including two top generals. A senior White House official told Axios that Biden made it clear to Netanyahu that US forces would not participate in any further operations. Netanyahu said he understood.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13306161/Biden-warns-Netanyahu-NOT-support-Israels-counterattack-Iran-amid-fears-war-President-tells-PM-late-night-call-got-win-win-IDF-shot-nearly-incoming-drones-missiles.html

Not support it how?  With troops?  I agree.  With all other support?

Don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

The amount of logical backflips you have to do to arrive at the conclusion that the people who want Ukraine to be able to defend itself are the ones responsible for them dying is insane. I cannot imagine what kind of media diet someone with this idea has. 

Putin is responsible for Ukrainians dying. Putin has said that there’s no reason to stop the war when he’s winning because Ukraine is running out of ammo. The people who are responsible for Ukrainians dying are Putin and the people who prevent Ukraine from pushing his forces back by denying them support. 

Just like over-aggressive & tyrannical covid response, the same people who supported that, believe they have the moral high ground on the Russia/Ukraine war.

When we look back in a few years, we will see those like you as the ones responsible for incalculable lasting damage. ….just as we do the covid era and it’s reverberating effects. 

Same people.  Same mindset.  It’s who y’all are.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Just like over-aggressive & tyrannical covid response, the same people who supported that, believe they have the moral high ground on the Russia/Ukraine war.

When we look back in a few years, we will see those like you as the ones responsible for incalculable lasting damage. ….just as we do the covid era and it’s reverberating effects. 

In their defense, they think/feel they're doing the right thing.  But as the saying goes "the road to hell..."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, SCBills said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6f8c4be2f566ed9c51040af0d6517b07.jpeg

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think before we deal with that, we should deal with your definition of “died”——as in your claim “No Israelis have died”?  

Ok, I got a detail wrong. 

Now, what is "Pro-Israel" you say I am lacking in? 

10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ok, I got a detail wrong. 

Now, what is "Pro-Israel" you say I am lacking in? 

Right off the rip, I’d go with your claim that no Israelis have died.  And, of course, that your obviously incorrect assessment of people being dead amounts to “a detail”. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Right off the rip, I’d go with your claim that no Israelis have died.  And, of course, that your obviously incorrect assessment of people being dead amounts to “a detail”. 

How many Ukrainians are dead by your keeper?

20 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Get it done 

The whole thing was scripted theater and drama between the involved parties.  Iran telegraphed the nature of the attack and gave their enemies a week to prepare.  Everybody got what they needed out of it.  The Iranians got to save face by retaliating, the Israelis suffered little to no damage, and the US got to demonstrate the competency of their weapons and strategies while giving Biden a much needed win in the eyes of the voters. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Demented Biden and Third Term Obammy have completely botched this situation.  No concept of international policy.  Weak and dumb.  Not a good combination.   What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

While the White House works on reducing the prospects of an expanded war in the Middle East, House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) has the weight of U.S. allies’ futures — and his job — on his shoulders. 

He’s expected to make a decision this week on how he will address the crises in Israel, Gaza, Ukraine and the Indo-Pacific.

He’ll host a Republican conference meeting tonight to discuss it, one person familiar with the meeting said. But frustrated Republicans who think it’s past time to fund Ukraine and Israel hope his decision is imminent. 

Johnson and his staff spent yesterday discussing options.

President Biden convened a call with Johnson, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) to discuss Iran’s Saturday night attack on Israel. The president encouraged Johnson to pass the Senate’s $95 billion funding bill for Ukraine, Israel, Gaza humanitarian aid and Taiwan, according to a readout from the White House. 

This week was long expected to be crunchtime for Johnson on national security funding, after he promised to tackle the issue once the House passed a FISA reauthorization and funded the government — two priorities with deadlines.  But after Iran launched more than 300 missiles and drones toward Israel over the weekend, pressure on Johnson to act has only increased. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/15/its-make-or-break-time-israel-ukraine-aid-johnson/

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So lame. Just go fly a kite

By some accounts Isreal is planning a response which is said may occur at any time.

Biden has told them to "take the win".  I think that's good advice for now but given the circumstances and the players I expect they'll ignore it and the situation will escalate further.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

By some accounts Isreal is planning a response which is said may occur at any time.

Biden has told them to "take the win".  I think that's good advice for now but given the circumstances and the players I expect they'll ignore it and the situation will escalate further.

Yup.  Israel is a crappy girl friend who likes to start fights knowing her man will have to finish.  No way the US is going to keep in the background simply feeding the MIC much longer.  

Israel should take the win from the feckless Iran attack and shut up 

• Vomit 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, sleeby said:

Yup.  Israel is a crappy girl friend who likes to start fights knowing her man will have to finish.  No way the US is going to keep in the background simply feeding the MIC much longer.  

Israel should take the win from the feckless Iran attack and shut up 

Not sure if this post is totally ignorant or just plain dumb.  Toss up.  What a mess.  

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yup. Sadly, I fully expect Israel to escalate. The time of their response probably depends on the time that they plan to initiate the Rafah offensive in southern Gaza. Having to manage a war on multiple fronts (including the Hezbollah one), with a sagging economy and limited manpower and strained international relationships, COULD hopefully convince them to abandon a retaliatory response altogether. However…Israel’s motivations for bombing the Iranian consulate building in Syria were fairly transparent. A regional war for them accomplishes the following:

1. Further delays Israel’s calls for elections, thereby allowing the domestically unpopular Bibi to maintain power and avoid facing corruption charges.

2. Sinks Biden’s own domestic popularity possibly through November. Trump is likely viewed as the more reliable ally to Israel who will let Bibi do whatever he wants (which is not to say that AIPAC-controlled Genocide Joe has been a shining beacon of morality, but it’s obvious which side in American politics faces more anti-Zionism pressure from its constituents).

3. Bolsters wavering U.S. motivation to continue supplying Israel with weapons that, in turn, can also be used (illegally) for Israel’s genocide in Gaza.

4. Distracts from the Gazan genocide.

5. Provides the means and justification to destroy Iran’s nuclear weapons capabilities (Israel’s ultimate objective with Iran).

Quick Angry Kay Side Rant: What’s so amusing to me are all the MAGA types criticizing Biden for his dovish stance on Iran. Whatever happened to being anti-war, anti-establishment, and anti-MIC?? These alleged right-wing “populists,” blinded by their political tribalism and latent Islamophobia, are essentially American supremacists and closet neocon imperialists…intellectual children whose minds exist in a dichotomous world of good guys vs. bad guys, like some bad Hollywood action movie. Some of these MAGA-ts also have significant financial investments in military contractor companies, yet no children of their own who would be sent to fight and die in another stupid Middle East war. Ugh! Angry Kay is angry!

• Eyeroll 1

49 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Quick Angry Kay Side Rant: What’s so amusing to me are all the MAGA types criticizing Biden for his dovish stance on Iran. Whatever happened to being anti-war, anti-establishment, and anti-MIC?? These alleged right-wing “populists,” blinded by their political tribalism and latent Islamophobia, are essentially American supremacists and closet neocon imperialists…intellectual children whose minds exist in a dichotomous world of good guys vs. bad guys, like some bad Hollywood action movie. Some of these MAGA-ts also have significant financial investments in military contractor companies, yet no children of their own who would be sent to fight and die in another stupid Middle East war. Ugh! Angry Kay is angry!

A phobia is typically an irrational fear of something.  Islamophobia, by definition is an irrational fear of Islam.  But is it irrational?  Because these religious zealots do really want to kill Christians and Jews.  And any other non-believers.  Of course there are Christian and Jewish zealots that want to kill Muslims too.   

I think there's a major distinction between so-called MAGA and Neocons/Neoliberals.  Because there are two Americas.  America the country, and America the Empire.  For the purpose of simplicity, MAGA is about what's best for the country and Neocons/Neoliberals are about what's best for the Empire.  Most of what Washington claims its all about is support of the country but that's just a ruse.  What they really do is about maintaining the Empire.  What other country has 600 military bases (and 100's of other CIA, intel units) spread around the world?  That's consistent with the attributes and actions of Empire.  All for the good of the people you occupy, right?  I consider the European continent of "independent democracies" to be vassal States under the control of Washington.  They have no major policies or programs outside the sphere of Washington's control.  NATO for example is primarily a mechanism of control for Washington and not a defense alliance.  That's the world of the Neocon.  I could go on..

The problem for the Empire in the 2020's is its out of money and the international system of finance that allowed it to borrow and spend infinite amounts of money to maintain its control is breaking down and in the process of being replaced by a multi-polar system of global finances which is challenging the supremacy of the US dollar.  The fight everywhere is about resisting this transition. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillStime said:

How do the cult critters square this?

Iran is absolutely, unquestionably an ally of Putin. Trump is obviously and buddy of Putin. Friends of friends

16 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Trump pulled out of the deal, so Iran got the money and is building the bomb. Trump is a complete idiot

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Yup. Sadly, I fully expect Israel to escalate. The time of their response probably depends on the time that they plan to initiate the Rafah offensive in southern Gaza. Having to manage a war on multiple fronts (including the Hezbollah one), with a sagging economy and limited manpower and strained international relationships, COULD hopefully convince them to abandon a retaliatory response altogether. However…Israel’s motivations for bombing the Iranian consulate building in Syria were fairly transparent. A regional war for them accomplishes the following:

1. Further delays Israel’s calls for elections, thereby allowing the domestically unpopular Bibi to maintain power and avoid facing corruption charges.

2. Sinks Biden’s own domestic popularity possibly through November. Trump is likely viewed as the more reliable ally to Israel who will let Bibi do whatever he wants (which is not to say that AIPAC-controlled Genocide Joe has been a shining beacon of morality, but it’s obvious which side in American politics faces more anti-Zionism pressure from its constituents).

3. Bolsters wavering U.S. motivation to continue supplying Israel with weapons that, in turn, can also be used (illegally) for Israel’s genocide in Gaza.

4. Distracts from the Gazan genocide.

5. Provides the means and justification to destroy Iran’s nuclear weapons capabilities (Israel’s ultimate objective with Iran).

Yawn……….it’s always evil MAGA people. You are a magaphobic. You belittle and demean anyone who doesn’t fall in line with your marxists views. You are a shining example of the Democratic parties left wing nut jobs who have taken over the party. 
You and your ilk disgusts me, this is coming from a lifelong democrat who walked away from the evil left wing democrat party because they no longer represent what the Democratic Party used to believe in!!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Iran is absolutely, unquestionably an ally of Putin. Trump is obviously and buddy of Putin. Friends of friends

Trump pulled out of the deal, so Iran got the money and is building the bomb. Trump is a complete idiot

Somebody should tell Biden he's not the VP anymore and that as Pres he can make deals too...