TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed

Virgil

23 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 40th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select...... Xavier Legette, Wide Receiver, South Carolina. 

You thought we were playing when I said we were gonna Make Offense Great Again in the Nation's capital, didn't you? So far we've added our Franchise QB (Caleb Williams), the 2nd best TE prospect in the draft (Ja'Tavion Sanders), and here were take the freakishly athletic WR Xavier Legette. We are going to be hard to handle. Who are you gonna double? McLaurin? Dotson? Legette? Sanders? And teams still have to worry about Ekeler slipping out of the backfield. Yep. Kingsbury is gonna have defenses on rollerskates with this group.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail to victory!

Braves on the warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Oh yeah, the Commanders. 

@Virgil time for the Bills poll. 

Well I wouldn't double Dotson. I'd leave him uncovered. It barely matters.

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can you feel that?  The collective of so many TSW fans hating you all at once?  Personally, I thank you for making the poll easier, but you definitely woke up and chose violence today 

A good warning to those who want the Bills to trade back from 28. There's a very good chance the 2nd WR wave starts around our pick and finishes in the early 2nd. Moving back 10 or more picks may knock us out of the WR race.

I'm all for staying at 28 and getting our pick of that 2nd WR group. Many of which would be solid 1st round picks in other years.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can you feel that?  The collective of so many TSW fans hating you all at once?  Personally, I thank you for making the poll easier, but you definitely woke up and chose violence today 

Oh, it was ABSOLUTELY intentional :lol::thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well I wouldn't double Dotson. I'd leave him uncovered. It barely matters.

Dotson, though not some insane world beater, has been underutilized in that offense. Also, look who his QB's have been the first two seasons. Heinicke, Wentz, Howell, Brissett. Not exactly an A list of guys, or even a C list for that matter. It's why Washington is where they are right now, picking 2nd in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

A good warning to those who want the Bills to trade back from 28. There's a very good chance the 2nd WR wave starts around our pick and finishes in the early 2nd. Moving back 10 or more picks may knock us out of the WR race.

I'm all for staying at 28 and getting our pick of that 2nd WR group. Many of which would be solid 1st round picks in other years.

WRs I’d be disappointed we lost out on if we traded back, ranked:

Legette 

Ladd

Worthy

Franklin

Keon 

So if 5 minimum go in RD 1 - MHJ, Nabers, Rome, Thomas, Mitchell - and we are up at pick 28 - can’t trade back more then say 36-40.  Those guys could be gone.  

• Like (+1) 1

After drafting Franklin here, I’d call the Vikings and offer them the next 2 picks plus our 2025 first for Jefferson. Make them say no. 

If they say no, call SF & Cincy and offer the next pick + Bills 2025 2nd for Ayiuk and Higgins.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think the way this works out best case at the draft - this is what I’d do:

Pick 28 - Mitchell

Trade up from 60 with the Falcons to 46 and double dip.  Good chance at least 1 or 2 of those RD 2 guys I listed are there.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Pick 28 - Mitchell

Trade up from 60 with the Falcons to 46 and double dip.  Good chance at least 1 or 2 of those RD 2 guys I listed are there.  

Don’t hate this idea. But I also don’t think the Bills do it 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Pick 28 - Mitchell

We are almost certainly are not going back to back WR rounds 1 and 2, especially if one is a trade up.  This isn’t Madden.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed…in order to recoup a third round pick, we’d have to drop back into the 40s, not just back to 33 or 35, like some are fantasizing…I know it’s hard to believe, but other NFL teams don’t necessarily want to help the Bills…

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Dotson, though not some insane world beater, has been underutilized in that offense. Also, look who his QB's have been the first two seasons. Heinicke, Wentz, Howell, Brissett. Not exactly an A list of guys, or even a C list for that matter. It's why Washington is where they are right now, picking 2nd in the draft. 

Nah he was overdrafted. He is a starter but he isn't a difference maker.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah he was overdrafted. He is a starter but he isn't a difference maker.

We shall see if the QB drafted at #2, should be Daniels, is what I think he is. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Texans (Stinky Finger) are on the clock
3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I guess I'm good with getting Franklin here while picking up a 3rd. But I doubt it would play out that way IRL. I dont see the Chiefs trading back, so there is another WR out, I'd guess Ladd. Yikes.

I wouldn't trade back to 41. Definitely not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

With the 42 pick of the 2024 draft, The Houston Texans select Braden Fiske DT, Florida St.

The Texans are preparing for a run at AFC supremacy this season and beyond. The offense is legit good. Not a weakness to be found. Playing with a lead should probably be the norm. On the defensive side,  Demeco Ryan has made it clear that getting after the QB is a priority and the addition of D. Hunter playing opposite Will Anderson, Jr. should make for sleepless nights for opposing D coordinators. Fiske provides explosiveness off the snap and his ability to penetrate the backfield will prove worthy of this pick. Opposing defenses are going to double down on the edges leaving Fiske with to deal with a single blocker. Look for the Texans to be among the league leaders is getting to the QB. 

More defensive help likely coming with another 2nd round selection forthcoming........or maybe not?

@Might Rather and the Atlanta Falcons are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

WRs I’d be disappointed we lost out on if we traded back, ranked:

Legette 

Ladd

Worthy

Franklin

Keon 

So if 5 minimum go in RD 1 - MHJ, Nabers, Rome, Thomas, Mitchell - and we are up at pick 28 - can’t trade back more then say 36-40.  Those guys could be gone.  

I'm not ok with moving back. If a Chop or Darius, Nix or Pennix is still on the board, I might go back  to 31...for a 3rd.

Edited by nosejob
  • Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Falcons (Might Rather) are on the clock
  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Cardinals (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

I would say if anyone wants Sweat to start a poll soon. We will for sure have to trade up to 51 at the latest. The Rams pick at 52 and there’s no way after losing Donald they aren’t going to address DT at some point. Who’s got 50 and 51? Are you entertaining offers at this point? 

scratch that. Saw the Rams took Murphy already. Still. A poll is needed imo. 

Edited by mrags

With the 43rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Arizona “Draft Crushing” Cardinals (via trade with Atlanta) select:  Chris Braswell, Edge/LB, Alabama

CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

Having 5 picks in round 3, we are thrilled about trading 2 of them to move up to get someone with his kind of speed to power ratio and with the kind of pass rush first step that’s like a gun shot and keeps offensive lineman up at night.  Not only does he bolster our pass rush, but he brings the athleticism and fluidity to drop into coverage and run with those TE’s.  We are confident our defensive staff can continue to coach him up and develop his pass rush techniques to be able to wreak havoc at the next level.  

Draft Recap: TRADES

#4 - Trade 4, 138, 162 for 6, 70, 107 

#27 - Trade 27 for 32 and 95

Cardinals still have a 2nd at pick 35 and now have 5 picks in the 3rd plus 2 more in the 4th to go with a couple late picks.

#43 - We acquire 43 for picks 66 and 71.

#6 - ROME ODUNZE, WR, WASHINGTON

#32 - NATE WIGGINS, CB, CLEMSON

#35 - DARIUS ROBINSON, DT, MISSOURI
#43 - CHRIS BRASWELL, LB/EDGE ALABAMA

If we were done here, this would be an A+++...but we are still sitting on three 3rd round picks and 2 more in the 4th to bolster more of our offense as well, such as another WR, IOL or RB.   Who knows, maybe we see each other again before the rounds over ;)

@CNYfanand the Las Vegas Raiders are now on the clock.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Raiders (CNYfan) are on the clock
17 minutes ago, mrags said:

I would say if anyone wants Sweat to start a poll soon. We will for sure have to trade up to 51 at the latest. The Rams pick at 52 and there’s no way after losing Donald they aren’t going to address DT at some point. Who’s got 50 and 51? Are you entertaining offers at this point? 

scratch that. Saw the Rams took Murphy already. Still. A poll is needed imo. 

Sweat is almost certainly going to be off our draft board. He has a reputation for partying and was driving way above the legal limit two weeks before the draft. No way we take a chance on a 1-tech with that kind of character concern in the 2nd round, and certainly not with a trade up. It's arguable if any 1-tech is worth a 2nd round pick.

Now if he drops to us in say the 5th I would want the Bills to take a chance there because what do we have to lose?

• Agree 1

With the 44th pick in TSW mock draft the Las Vegas Raiders soberly select Kris Jenkins Defensive Tackle Michigan.

The Raiders have many needs but Telesco is interested in bolstering the defense, u til a QB opportunity presents itself.  

With the top CB in the draft and  DT with championship pedigree, the Raiders toughen up the D.

@BigdaddyinOrlando and the NOLASaints are up

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 43rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Arizona “Draft Crushing” Cardinals (via trade with Atlanta) select:  Chris Braswell, Edge/LB, Alabama

CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

Having 5 picks in round 3, we are thrilled about trading 2 of them to move up to get someone with his kind of speed to power ratio and with the kind of pass rush first step that’s like a gun shot and keeps offensive lineman up at night.  Not only does he bolster our pass rush, but he brings the athleticism and fluidity to drop into coverage and run with those TE’s.  We are confident our defensive staff can continue to coach him up and develop his pass rush techniques to be able to wreak havoc at the next level.  

Draft Recap: TRADES

#4 - Trade 4, 138, 162 for 6, 70, 107 

#27 - Trade 27 for 32 and 95

Cardinals still have a 2nd at pick 35 and now have 5 picks in the 3rd plus 2 more in the 4th to go with a couple late picks.

#43 - We acquire 43 for picks 66 and 71.

#6 - ROME ODUNZE, WR, WASHINGTON

#32 - NATE WIGGINS, CB, CLEMSON

#35 - DARIUS ROBINSON, DT, MISSOURI
#43 - CHRIS BRASWELL, LB/EDGE ALABAMA

If we were done here, this would be an A+++...but we are still sitting on three 3rd round picks and 2 more in the 4th to bolster more of our offense as well, such as another WR, IOL or RB.   Who knows, maybe we see each other again before the rounds over ;)

@CNYfanand the Las Vegas Raiders are now on the clock.

A good looking draft to be sure. 

CAUTION: These are the Cardinals. Something, somewhere, somehow isn't as it appears. 

j/k

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Sweat is almost certainly going to be off our draft board. He has a reputation for partying and was driving way above the legal limit two weeks before the draft. No way we take a chance on a 1-tech with that kind of character concern in the 2nd round, and certainly not with a trade up. It's arguable if any 1-tech is worth a 2nd round pick.

Now if he drops to us in say the 5th I would want the Bills to take a chance there because what do we have to lose?

We’re drafting based on what the populous of TBD would do, not what choir boy McDermott wants. 

and I haven’t looked at the article about him at this point because, well, it’s draft season and all the sudden lots of stories like these come out all over the place. For all we know, Beane floated that out there to hope he drops to 60. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Saints (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock
Just now, mrags said:

and I haven’t looked at the article about him at this point because, well, it’s draft season and all the sudden lots of stories like these come out all over the place. For all we know, Beane floated that out there to hope he drops to 60. 

I don't think Beane floated out an official police affidavit.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the fine people of TSW know better than to trade up for a 1-tech in any circumstance, let alone a player who just committed an all-time stupid mistake which justified preexisting character concerns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

With 45th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Saints select:

Keon Coleman wr Florida State

we are in need of wr help and Coleman will be a lye to help us right away. He needs work on creating separation off the line and might fit better in the slot initially as he can use his tremendous size difference and his soft hands. Look for him to develop into the outside receiver in time.

the Colts @Allen2Moulds are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Steelers (RyanC883) are on the clock
19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think Beane floated out an official police affidavit.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the fine people of TSW know better than to trade up for a 1-tech in any circumstance, let alone a player who just committed an all-time stupid mistake which justified preexisting character concerns.

My point is right around draft time all sorts of things come out. It’s comical that you don’t think a lot of these kids make absolutely stupid mistakes. Like every single one of them. Yet only certain ones make headlines. 

anyone remember that Josh is racist? 

end of the day, I want good football players. I don’t care about mild character concerns over drunk driving or something like that. 

and yes, we absolutely need a 1T. Can’t spend resources on a other guy that can’t stop the run. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah the ones that involve an arrest, which is public record, usually make headlines.

Got it. Say no more. You’re fully against anyone with a brush with the law. Even if it’s a young 20 year old kid and would prefer someone with lesser talent and ability because they’re a better person. Got it McDermott. 

idk about you but I want players that can win. Players with talent. I’m not choosing a guy over someone else simply because of a few small concerns. He’s young. He’ll learn. Probably already did after dropping significantly in draft boards and costing him millions. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Got it. Say no more. You’re fully against anyone with a brush with the law. Even if it’s a young 20 year old kid and would prefer someone with lesser talent and ability because they’re a better person. Got it McDermott. 

idk about you but I want players that can win. Players with talent. I’m not choosing a guy over someone else simply because of a few small concerns. He’s young. He’ll learn. Probably already did after dropping significantly in draft boards and costing him millions. 

It's just a 1-tech with effort concerns on tape. Like I said I would take a chance on the player on day three despite the character concerns.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's just a 1-tech with effort concerns on tape. Like I said I would take a chance on the player on day three despite the character concerns.

The best and baddest 1T to come out in a long while. Someone that would for sure help our defense in the run game. There isn’t anyone else in the draft like him. There’s like 5 Oliver’s tho. So if you want another 3T by all means, wait. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Colts (Allen2Moulds) are on the clock