WR Treylon Burks

The Titans traded for Calvin Ridley which doesn’t bode well for Burks. Having DeAndre Hopkins, Ridley and the #7 pick overall in this year’s draft puts them in the right position to select one of the top 3 WRs. 

I believe that Beane is going to move up in the draft for either Brian Thomas Jr or Adonai Mitchell but adding another WR is still a real possibility. Being a former 1st rd pick that hasn’t stayed healthy makes Burks expendable. If Beane could get him cheap that would be a low risk high ceiling WR prospect for the Bills imo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 7

One other aspect that could be attractive for Beane, Burks signed a 4 year 14+M contract with half of it already paid (7+M) out. Burks is making just over 3M @ year which would be another benefit for the cash strapped Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

Burks has had injury woes, playing only 22 of a possible 34 games, and has been invisible otherwise for the most part. That's a pass from me. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would be willing to take a flier on him. I think someone suggested a swap of failed first rounders - Burks for Elam - a month or two back and I don't hate that idea. But I wouldn't be giving much up for him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

why does he have a high ceiling? He's done nothing so far

Size, speed and being a former 1st rd pick. Coming out of college he was suppose to be a AJ Brown clone. Obviously he’s not so far but at one point he was considered to be. Minimal investment is worth a consideration. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would be willing to take a flier on him. I think someone suggested a swap of failed first rounders - Burks for Elam - a month or two back and I don't hate that idea. But I wouldn't be giving much up for him. 

I would rather keep Elam.  He has shown more than Burks has at this point and with Tre gone and Bedford coming back from injury, Elam also has more value to the team right now and has a chance to compete to start.  

Burks would be competing at bottom of WR depth chart here to be a WR 4/5 right now with Hollis after we draft a WR.  And if we draft 2 WRs he could end up 5th or 6th on the depth chart.  Hollis also brings blocking and ST value over Burks too. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Burks is 6'2" 225lbs. I'd be ok with adding him, but no way for Elam. I liked him in the draft, but he hasn't really done anything in the NFL. If we could get him for a 4th or something, heck yeah.

• Agree 1

The Bills have enough players coming back from injuries and they had to get rid of some because of it so i would hope that Beane wouldn't pick up another player that has a pretty good injury history . Let's get them through the draft and look to the future that will be best for the cap & its health all the way around moving forward !! 

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would rather keep Elam.  He has shown more than Burks has at this point and with Tre gone and Bedford coming back from injury, Elam also has more value to the team right now and has a chance to compete to start.  

Burks would be competing at bottom of WR depth chart here to be a WR 4/5 right now with Hollis after we draft a WR.  And if we draft 2 WRs he could end up 5th or 6th on the depth chart.  Hollis also brings blocking and ST value over Burks too. 

I think they are similar to me. Both showed some flashes of ability as rookies without ever establishing themselves and then struggled to get on the field as second year guys with injuries and funky scheme fits ended up benched. 

It's fair that we are probably deeper at WR than corner with Dane and Tre gone. That's true. I just have so little faith in Elam's ability to work out in this defense at this point. Not in his ability. I still think there is a player there. But the reason I didn't like him as a scheme fit originally and was a bit surprised he was the pick still applies. 

Not saying I'd be desperate to do it, but I don't hate the failed first rounder swap as an idea. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I'd rather just draft multiple WRs in the draft but he wouldn't be the worst flier to take. Issue is he may be best suited for the slot at this point and we have plenty of guys to line up there.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He’s a more expensive version of Isabella, right? Or has he actually established any presence as a foundation to justify reps beyond his drags position? I’ve not seen a ton of him 

I mean they are both failed prospects but Isabella is 3 years older. They are completely different players.

Burks is big and slow and Isabella is tiny and fast. 

They both suck. Burks' change of direction scores in the 3 cone and shuttle etc are just awful, no explosion either. 

Neither's game translated to the NFL so far. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2