Diggs traded to Texans for picks

9 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

This view of Diggs has always had me shaking my head. "He's a competitor," "he's a warrior," "he hates losing". Let's paint him for what he is, he enthusiastically rides the bandwagon.

When the going was good, he performed and strutted all over the place. I agree, he gave us 3.5 very good regular seasons.

When the going got tough, he pouted, threw a major public temper-tantrum, pointed fingers, and went to the sideline on 3rd downs.

What he didn't didn't do was fight for the team, perform in the playoffs, or come through in difficult situations. When it comes to true team-focused warriors, he can't hold Josh's jockstrap.

He's a pretty little diva and his time has passed. I'm looking forward to the Bills' next chapter.

You...you find Stef "pretty"?

Benjamin Bratt GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Not really that complicated. None of those guys are playmakers. They are great as a group but none are on the level of a Jones in KC or Snead. 

Every single one of those guys has shown ability as a playmaker at this level.

And every single one of them was injured when the Bills were eliminated this year.

That's nearly 60% of your starting defense either out or playing with only three limbs.

No amount of scheming or depth can overcome that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

49 minutes ago, Simon said:

It's a fiendishly complicated question.

Perhaps we should ask Von Miller, Tre White, Matt Milano, Micah Hyde, Terrel Bernard, Christian Benford and Daquan Jones if they have any thoughts on the matter.

White hasn't been a factor during the time period cited, he's contributed zero to our rankings even. 

Even more fiendishly, besides Milano in the '22 season, maybe we can ask the others why they haven't been able to step up in the playoffs in those past three seasons.  Milano also wasn't a Beane pick.  IDK, maybe you think they have, which is fine.  But their stats in those games speak otherwise.  

Von Miller in his two playoff games:  0 sacks, 0 TFLs, 0 QB Hits

Hyde in his four games:  1 INT (Mac Jones) in a blowout, nothing else. 

Bernard in his four, pretty much nada.  

Daquan Jones in his three, 0 sacks, 0 TFLs, 1 QB Hit (Thompson) with a few assists otherwise.  

That's why.  No one's happy with it.  

Benford?  We're expecting him to step up?  He's been on a rookie contract making less than Davis did.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Again it's still a bunch of JAGs on offense. It works on the regular season but you need that elite talent to win when it matters. 

Josh Allen, James Cook, Dalton Kincade, Kahlil Shakir, and Dawson Know are not just a bunch of guys. The end of last year showed that and if Buffalo had a decent #1 and #2 WR this team would beat the Chiefs in the playoffs.  Diggs falls on his face and yells at others. Gabe Davis was injured...even healthy he isn't a true #2. 

This FO wants guys that will catch the ball, contested or not, that will step up in the playoffs. The best should be yet to come if Beane can work his magic on a WR.

We all thought Diggs was that guy...but no! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Lack of statement from diggs to the fans says it all. 

He sent a nice note the day he was traded actually. Granted, everything is surface with him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sad bc I have a big canvas photo of  Allen and diggs doing their handshake  on my basement wall and I guess I need to replace it now but I love it. 

You could photo shop me in?   🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sad bc I have a big canvas photo of  Allen and diggs doing their handshake  on my basement wall and I guess I need to replace it now but I love it. 

Nah, leave it. Their love affair for the first two seasons was awesome to root for. The disappointment/failures of 13 seconds seems to be the inflection point; both guys were changed, as were fans. Maybe ALL for the worse. Diggs started Diggsing on the socials. Allen started introduced some serious disruptions in his personal affairs, which coincided with some on-field disruptions as well. This might have made Diggs get even Diggsier. And the fans did not take any of these disruptions in stride. The Allen-to-Davis fireworks leading up to the Billsy collapse had everyone's offensive expectations all out of whack. (Still so fascinating that Diggs was most notable in his absolute absence from that game.) Lots of blame to go around. But it was FUN while it lasted. Celebrate it.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was great, until it wasn’t 

46 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Did he? Fair enough. can't see the recent stuff on twitter 

He did but his credibility is nil at this point. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Nah, leave it. Their love affair for the first two seasons was awesome to root for. The disappointment/failures of 13 seconds seems to be the inflection point; both guys were changed, as were fans. Maybe ALL for the worse. Diggs started Diggsing on the socials. Allen started introduced some serious disruptions in his personal affairs, which coincided with some on-field disruptions as well. This might have made Diggs get even Diggsier. And the fans did not take any of these disruptions in stride. The Allen-to-Davis fireworks leading up to the Billsy collapse had everyone's offensive expectations all out of whack. (Still so fascinating that Diggs was most notable in his absolute absence from that game.) Lots of blame to go around. But it was FUN while it lasted. Celebrate it.  

I have this memory from the Thanksgiving game in 2022 vs Detroit … Allen to diggs  to set up the winning FG. It is one of many that sticks In my mind. And the NE game where he had like 5 TDs. But  players come and go I guess 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have this memory from the Thanksgiving game in 2022 vs Detroit … Allen to diggs  to set up the winning FG. It is one of many that sticks In my mind. And the NE game where he had like 5 TDs. But  players come and go I guess 

You’ve graduated to stage 5, congratulations