Josh Allen interview. Talks a little about WR’s in the draft

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

God I wish there was a path where we could land both Thomas (28) and maybe move up to get Legette in the 2nd?  Obviously a Longshot but those 2 for Josh would be scary.

there is (you’d need to move up for BTJ)

Beane choosing to pursue the path that lands both is unlikely….

HOWEVER he did joke that we are selecting a WR every round

IMO we should get 2 WR’s as high as possible 

there are all sorts of fun combinations

BTJ at 16,  Franklin at 42

X.Worthy at 28, X.L at 36

😈Nabers at 6,  BTJ at 23

(bye bye 2024-2025 draft + Diggs +)

🤯🤯🤯 Allen A-Bomb Offense
60, 128, 2025 1st, 3rd to SEA for 16

Diggs, 133, 2024 4th to DAL for 24

16. BTJ

24. Worthy

26. Legette

Edited by Warriorspikes51

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

God I wish there was a path where we could land both Thomas (28) and maybe move up to get Legette in the 2nd?  Obviously a Longshot but those 2 for Josh would be scary.

We just need 1 of them for things to be scary. Combine one of them with Diggs, Samuel, Shakir, and Kincaid and that's a LOADED core. A second one would get buried in reps and barely see any touches. You don't spend a 2nd for such a small role with all the other holes we have.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He did say he has a wedding. Those can be exhausting.

But no he doesn’t talk about his offseason workouts. Was hoping he did. The other thread has all the info on that you need.

Dude.  If you go to the interview you yourself linked, at 3:50-ish they are talking about Dalton Kinkaid and Khalil Shakir 

Jordan Palmer says "I remember when you guys came out to throw last off season and I'm like 'Kyle who's that guy?' (meaning Khalil Shakir).
Kyle Allen also talks about Dalton being out there "he's your boy".

In the other thread, you say "he doesn't work with Palmer anymore", now Palmer clearly says they were out throwing with him (along with some Bills WR) so can you at least have the grace to acknowledge the other thread is full of (your) misinformation?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We just need 1 of them for things to be scary. Combine one of them with Diggs, Samuel, Shakir, and Kincaid and that's a LOADED core. A second one would get buried in reps and barely see any touches. You don't spend a 2nd for such a small role with all the other holes we have.

This is true, but the better of the 2 drafted wrs immediately replaces Gabe. The other wr can share touches with Shakir as they evaluate him.  You're NOT going to get a wr draft like this next year. Strike now and assume Diggs might be gone June 2nd of next year. That's when you'll be glad you drafted that 2nd guy. 

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is true, but the better of the 2 drafted wrs immediately replaces Gabe. The other wr can share touches with Shakir as they evaluate him.  You're NOT going to get a wr draft like this next year. Strike now and assume Diggs might be gone June 2nd of next year. That's when you'll be glad you drafted that 2nd guy. 

This is a deep class. There's going to be guys going in Round 4 and Round 5 that would have been taken a Round or more earlier in other years and may end up just as good, if not better, than the higher rated prospects - in the long run.

And I know you and others may not want to hear this - but I don't know that Beane is on the same page as the board as far as *planning* on Diggs not being here next year.

I could easily see a scenario wherein he steps up and returns to form by having an ACTUAL core of WR's around him and taking some coverage away from him, as opposed to the last two seasons of Diggs and...?

I think there's a good chance it does happen after this season. But I don't think Beane is on the same page of replacing him immediately for next season before seeing what he looks like this year with help around him.

I think it's probable he takes another guy on Day 3 to hedge his bet. But back to back is pretty much a pipe dream, given that we still have holes, and big ones, like 3T DT behind Oliver who is going to get 30-40% of snaps every week - and the fact that after 60, we don't have another pick until 128.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This is a deep class. There's going to be guys going in Round 4 and Round 5 that would have been taken a Round or more earlier in other years and may end up just as good, if not better, than the higher rated prospects - in the long run.

And I know you and others may not want to hear this - but I don't know that Beane is on the same page as the board as far as *planning* on Diggs not being here next year.

I could easily see a scenario wherein he steps up and returns to form by having an ACTUAL core of WR's around him and taking some coverage away from him, as opposed to the last two seasons of Diggs and...?

I think there's a good chance it does happen after this season. But I don't think Beane is on the same page of replacing him immediately for next season before seeing what he looks like this year with help around him.

I think it's probable he takes another guy on Day 3 to hedge his bet. But back to back is pretty much a pipe dream, given that we still have holes, and big ones, like 3T DT behind Oliver who is going to get 30-40% of snaps every week - and the fact that after 60, we don't have another pick until 128.

i agree with all of this.... but follow the board with WR position as a tie breaker on importance. if a WR falls in 2nd or 3rd and we already grabbed one in the 1st, thats a good problem to have. dont mind a raw borderline blue chip red shirting (or coming onto form playoff time to spell WR's) a la Bernard (Legette comes to mind)

if board doesnt fall that way, then im perfectly on board with the above post. we've got options, all are pretty olid

also, diggs was hurt, had no WR2 AT ALLLLLLLL, expect a huge comeback year.  enormous, monstrous.  timing could work out well to trade him with high value, while his replacement is already familiar with the system.... or he gracefully ages into an elite #2 with a few youngins around him

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Actually, 2 gives you a better chance of one being a good pro.   

9 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Probably met her dad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Steinfeld

Her dad does seem pretty freaking 

9 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

That's her uncle.  Big fitness guy.

7 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

The wikipedia article specifies that Jake Steinfeld is Hailee's uncle. 

7 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I know it's her uncle, but still pretty cool. I didn't make the connection, but totally remember that dude. Loveable meathead....body by Jake guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Actually, 2 gives you a better chance of one being a good pro.   

The point is, you can get two talented, quality WR's without picking one at 28 and one at 60.

When it comes to WR in this Draft - it's LOADED. The drop off between someone you'd get at 60 and someone you'd get at 128 isn't all that much. 

However, the drop off between a 3-Tech DT in Round 2 and one in Round 4 is MASSIVE. Even at 60, we're probably scraping near the bottom of the barrel of players you could feel comfortable putting out there on Sunday's. And with what's left (or rather, not left) in FA at the position, we can't afford to wait until 128.

16 hours ago, NakedSquid said:

I was at this event and got to meet him got 1 on 1 during his 30 min meet and greet ...Josh and my son hit it off ...he's 100% class.  And he Was walking up and down the barriers making sure every kid in a bills Jersey got a signature or high five. 

UsAndJosh.jpg

Love that!!!!

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, H2o said:

Josh actually looks lighter now than he did last offseason to me. Maybe he didn't split his pants because he was a fatty after all?

Don't poopoo the extra weight--there's a strength payoff there as Chris Farley demonstrates so well! :)