PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

37 minutes ago, Augie said:

Steep steps has probably been my biggest concern from the beginning. I’ve been to some places that were crazy steep up top, and it can be a real bother. I can’t freak out about until I know how much of a factor it is. No point in me making up worries that may not exist. 

Just now, PBF81 said:

Yeah, it's interesting, the first time I went to one of those stadiums it was a little concerning, but as with you no doubt you get used to it.  The view more from the top than the side is also a plus.  

I remember the Oranges in the old Aud. Those rows were steep! But one advantage to steep rows for us tall folk is more leg room.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mrags said:

I hope there’s other options. Like the ones they included in the survey like this option:

A seat located End Zone on the Mezzanine Level

Seat Coverage: Significant - Level of Seating

Overhead

Heating: Above Seats

Annual Season Ticket Price per Seat: $900

Personal Seat License (One-Time Fee Per Seat): $1,400

Indeed, those would be coveted seats no doubt.  

The lowest priced heated seats according to their survey are that one and these;  

Coverage: Significant

Heating: Above seats

Annual price per seat: $820

One-time PSL: $2,100

Annual price per seat: $1,090

One-time PSL: $1,750

After those, the next "reasonably priced" heated seats in their survey were these ... 

Annual price per seat: $2,080

One-time PSL: $5,950

Edited by PBF81

46 minutes ago, Augie said:

Steep steps has probably been my biggest concern from the beginning. I’ve been to some places that were crazy steep up top, and it can be a real bother. I can’t freak out about until I know how much of a factor it is. No point in me making up worries that may not exist. 

I was in New Orleans a few years ago for the Thanksgiving game. Near the top. Probably 20-30 rows from the last seat in the house. Boy were they steep. I was worried walking up the steps. Walking down them. And god forbid if I stood up with any sort of quickness I would have tumbled for 8 minutes until my lifeless body hit the turf on the Bills sideline. 

not to mention we were so far away you could barely make out numbers on the jerseys. Not a pleasurable experience imo. 

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The lowest priced heated seats according to their survey are that one and these;  

After those, the next "reasonably priced" heated seats in their survey were these ... 

I would take any one of these seats as reasonable options. It’s the last one you listed that makes me curious. Because as some have said that have been to the experience. They are currently in the 200-300s now and the club seats that are covered and heated are going for way more than this. Triple these prices. So I’m wondering if there is some other options coming? Or if they have vastly increased the prices (triple) from the survey. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

I was in New Orleans a few years ago for the Thanksgiving game. Near the top. Probably 20-30 rows from the last seat in the house. Boy were they steep. I was worried walking up the steps. Walking down them. And god forbid if I stood up with any sort of quickness I would have tumbled for 8 minutes until my lifeless body hit the turf on the Bills sideline. 

not to mention we were so far away you could barely make out numbers on the jerseys. Not a pleasurable experience imo. 

I would take any one of these seats as reasonable options. It’s the last one you listed that makes me curious. Because as some have said that have been to the experience. They are currently in the 200-300s now and the club seats that are covered and heated are going for way more than this. Triple these prices. So I’m wondering if there is some other options coming? Or if they have vastly increased the prices (triple) from the survey. 

Yeah, agreed.  I also won't believe anything that Legends puts out.  They're not "Buffalo," have no affinity for the region, and probably don't care at all about WNY-ers.  Why would they.  

It will be much more interesting once they've gone through a majority of STHs and put out info as to how many of the new seats & PSLs have sold, and where.  

5 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Those PSL's are not too bad

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Those PSL's are not too bad

Yeah. If those seats actually exist. Depending on who you talk to. The general consensus is that the reps are telling people that the current clubs are the only option for heat and cover at the crazy 10k per PSL and $8k a ticket price. The question is, are they telling people this because it’s the truth? Or are they performing shady business practices and only saying that to sell as many of the higher priced seats that are currently available now.

The survey provided these options, but because we have no actual factual info on the stadium because the team is keeping things hush hush about the options after they get through the club seats, we don’t know if these options will actually exist in the new stadium. Maybe this was a possibility before the cost overruns (many doubt that’s possible) and now they cut back on the idea. Who knows. The Bills and Legends know and they aren’t saying. And that’s the problem. 

5 hours ago, mrags said:

I hate the upper deck seats in the dome.

I have to be pretty desperate to pick a seat that I have to go up from the tunnel up there. Amazes me more drunks don’t just tumble to their demise.

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I hate the upper deck seats in the dome.

I have to be pretty desperate to pick a seat that I have to go up from the tunnel up there. Amazes me more drunks don’t just tumble to their demise.

That was my thought exactly. I wasn’t even close to tipsy and I felt uneasy up there. I couldn’t imagine if I was drinking like I might at a home Bills game. 

man, I remember riding those escalators for like 10+ minutes getting up there. Every floor I was like, oh this must be it; but nope, kept going and going and going and going….

Wasn’t sure whether to put this in the stadium construction thread or here but since it’s about financing I chose this thread.

Jacksinville’s upgrade/makeover is budgeted at $1.2 million and is a 50/50 split between the Jaguars and the City…. not the State of Florida. They also report the public funding piece to be investment, not a cost, (typical) as the newly envisioned stadium is forecasted to bring in billions over  the course of the 30 year lease. 

So there’s that. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wasn’t sure whether to put this in the stadium construction thread or here but since it’s about financing I chose this thread.

Jacksinville’s upgrade/makeover is budgeted at $1.2 million and is a 50/50 split between the Jaguars and the City…. not the State of Florida. They also report the public funding piece to be investment, not a cost, (typical) as the newly envisioned stadium is forecasted to bring in billions over  the course of the 30 year lease. 

So there’s that. 

The projected cost is $1.4 Billion. 

12 minutes ago, Saratoga Leo said:

The projected cost is $1.4 Billion. 

My $1.2B figure comes straight from an article out of NBC News in Jacksonville but what’s a few $ million between friends. 😉

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My $1.2B figure comes straight from an article out of NBC News in Jacksonville but what’s a few $ million between friends. 😉

Either $1.2 or $1.4B. Your original post, you typed $1.2 million by mistake. I had to look to see what could they get for a million dollars.