PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

4 hours ago, Westside said:

Until they start to suck again. Which will probably happen when Josh leaves. It’s a money grab. I don’t have a dog in this fight. I gave up my ST’s years ago when the drinking and tailgating got out of control. 
I really only watch the big games nowadays and wouldn’t really miss it if it went away. 
I believe this will signal the end of the bills in buffalo sooner rather than later. High ticket prices, rowdy drunk fans and the ever increasing costs for blue collar workers and as soon as the team starts to suck, away goes the people who are willing to pay for the exorbitant prices will stop paying. 
Greed ruins everything. 

How long were you a season ticket holder?    

Your perception might be that the drinking has gotten worse at Bills games but that's not been my perception.    It's gotten almost clinical inside the stadium compared to the 1980's and 1990's.

I think genetically we are just wired to become more irritable/sensitive to the behavior of others and stop caring as much about things we once did as we get older.    

It's a WHOLE LOT easier for me to skip a Bills game now than when I was in my 20's.   It's an effort getting up and putting in those 12-14 hour days tailgating and it didn't used to be.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Josh Allen won't be in his prime indefinitely.  As soon as the Bills go back to sucking It's not going to be the rich folks selling out that stadium on a week to week basis.  I'm still curious how this thing plays out in the long haul.   

The PSLs will all be sold before the new stadium opens. I don’t mean to come across as so dismissive but holy 🤬. This isn’t a scenario that “might” happen. The seats will be sold and the Bills will be here for a generation. If anyone wants to have a deeper discussion on it, I’m open for it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What happens to the PSL after 30 years ?

is it worth zero ? will they start a new PSL for renovations ?

i know the PSL  has a life limit of 30 years which  lines up with the bills new stadium lease for 30 years.

in an over simplification.....if you paid $30,000 for your PSL isnt it depreciating by $1,000 a year, so that after 20 years you go to sell it, there is only 10 years left on the PSL.....so might the approximate value be $10,000  for the remaining 10 years ? it's possible they appreciate, but i would think not in our market.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Parody? 

If not, no the Bills aren’t going anywhere. This locks them in for a generation. They’ve never been more valuable than they are today. The NFL has never been hotter than right now. I’m 42 years-old and the Bills will be in WNY for my entire lifetime.

“Selling fast” means that they are getting a high percentage of people saying “yes” not that the inventory is almost gone. This bodes well for those people hoping for lower PSLs. The higher the percentage of people that say “yes” at $20k or $50k, the better off it is for people that will be like $2k.

You hope so. The penalty for breaking the lease agreement with the state is peanuts to what he can get moving the team, not selling it. If you don’t think he would do that I strongly disagree. 
If this team reverts back to the previous 30 years before Allen came on board these ridiculous prices would never work in buffalo.

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

How long were you a season ticket holder?    

Your perception might be that the drinking has gotten worse at Bills games but that's not been my perception.    It's gotten almost clinical inside the stadium compared to the 1980's and 1990's.

I think genetically we are just wired to become more irritable/sensitive to the behavior of others and stop caring as much about things we once did as we get older.    

It's a WHOLE LOT easier for me to skip a Bills game now than when I was in my 20's.   It's an effort getting up and putting in those 12-14 hour days tailgating and it didn't used to be.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for years before I gave them up. The ST holders next to my seats constantly sold them to the public which made my experience terrible. From drunken people and puking it was a terrible experience. Hence why I gave them up. To be honest I do not miss it one bit. 

58 minutes ago, Westside said:

You hope so. The penalty for breaking the lease agreement with the state is peanuts to what he can get moving the team, not selling it. If you don’t think he would do that I strongly disagree. 

I’m not speaking from “hope.” I’m speaking from experience working on a similar project. I’m not trying to be that guy but that’s not what’s happening here. Since before Pegula owned the team, I’ve laid out what would happen on this message board. I said things would happen a decade ago that are playing out just as I described. I know a little bit more on the topic than most others. This isn’t a “feeling” that I have. The Bills will be in WNY for AT LEAST 30 more years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If only there were 20 NFL stadiums built with PSLs in recent history that we could look to for empirical examples of how this works out??? 

SPOILERS: The seats were bought, the stadiums finished, and none of the teams moved to another city despite much suckitude on the field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_seat_license#:~:text=A personal seat license%2C or,wish to purchase season tickets.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Has anyone seen the seating chart for the new stadium (not with PSL info) but just blank showing the section numbers?  I swear I saw that in a thread over the weekend but can't find it when I search.  Anyone willing to report or bump it for me?

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Not many businesses exist where the fans (taxpayers) pay for the building and THEN get charged to enter the building and THEN get charged to buy the product.

Imagine if YOU (the taxpayer) had to pay for new Taco Bell building. And THEN when the fancy new Taco Bell you paid for was all constructed, management made you pay to enter the building you just paid for. And THEN once youre in the building you paid to build, and paid to enter, you had to then pay for the actual tacos.

Your analogy doesnt wash because 99% of businesses... this would be thought of as insane. Which it is.

It is not even remotely close to passing the cost of doing business onto the customer.

Unless Im WAY off, the purpose of the PSL is to finance the construction of the Stadium.  And a sports team...last I checked...needs a stadium to play and in this day and age thats a lot more than brick steel, toilets, grass and some seats. 

Also, you act like sports teams are the only businesses that get tax breaks. Ever hear of IDAs? You also cant compare a fast food franchise to a sports team and how they operate and are financed. Come on.

19 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Unless Im WAY off, the purpose of the PSL is to finance the construction of the Stadium.  And a sports team...last I checked...needs a stadium to play and in this day and age thats a lot more than brick steel, toilets, grass and some seats. 

Also, you act like sports teams are the only businesses that get tax breaks. Ever hear of IDAs? You also cant compare a fast food franchise to a sports team and how they operate and are financed. Come on.

Tax break = / = paying for the stadium.

The taxpayers are literally PAYING for the stadium. Then they're being charged to enter the stadium. Then being charged to sit in the seat.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Not many businesses exist where the fans (taxpayers) pay for the building and THEN get charged to enter the building and THEN get charged to buy the product.

Imagine if YOU (the taxpayer) had to pay for new Taco Bell building. And THEN when the fancy new Taco Bell you paid for was all constructed, management made you pay to enter the building you just paid for. And THEN once youre in the building you paid to build, and paid to enter, you had to then pay for the actual tacos.

Your analogy doesnt wash because 99% of businesses... this would be thought of as insane. Which it is.

It is not even remotely close to passing the cost of doing business onto the customer.

That is pretty much the case with entertainment venues.  A restaurant franchise operates differently than a sports entertainment franchise.  It doesn't matter if 99% of businesses operate differently.

I don't think you can call something insane when it's a very successful model.

If I want to go to a football game, comedy show, concert, festival.....all the above is what people have to do.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Tax break = / = paying for the stadium.

The taxpayers are literally PAYING for the stadium. Then they're being charged to enter the stadium. Then being charged to sit in the seat.

Everyone knew this was coming, so I don't understand the outrage. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The PSLs will all be sold before the new stadium opens. I don’t mean to come across as so dismissive but holy 🤬. This isn’t a scenario that “might” happen. The seats will be sold and the Bills will be here for a generation. If anyone wants to have a deeper discussion on it, I’m open for it.

I'm not the one disputing the Bills are going to be moving anywhere, my post was a response to your comment saying it will be impossible to ever get single game tickets ever again once the new stadium opens.  Even with PSL's...once the going gets tough the whine and cheese crowd won't give two S***'s about going to the games anymore and tickets will be on the resale market.  Not sure what the pricing will be but it will not be impossible to ever get single game tickets to a Bills game in the new stadium.  Sure maybe in the first few years as we are still riding the high on these glory years with Allen but there's no way that excitement will be sustained when the Bills fall off again.  Look at how packed the Sabres arena is these days!  I completely understand the business side to all of this.  It is what it is but I am speaking from the perspective of a fan, it's just a shame this is where things are heading but it's unavoidable.  I get your a business guy and see it from that perspective but your avatar pic is of Kirby Jackson for christ's sake lol.  Surely you still must have some old school fandom in you deep down from the glory days that can understand why so many people hate this.  These are just completely different times of being a Sports fan that we grew up in.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

Everyone knew this was coming, so I don't understand the outrage

First day on the internet?  Welcome. You’ll find a wide selection of things to B word about.  Take your pick, but hurry the ***** up. 

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That is pretty much the case with entertainment venues.  A restaurant franchise operates differently than a sports entertainment franchise.  It doesn't matter if 99% of businesses operate differently.

If I want to go to a football game, comedy show, concert, festival.....all the above is what people have to do.  

I swear someone else has taken over Einstein’s account after they posted their tax return. They used to be highly intelligent and rich.  Now they sound like a deranged homeless person. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm not the one disputing the Bills are going to be moving anywhere, my post was a response to your comment saying it will be impossible to ever get single game tickets ever again once the new stadium opens.  Even with PSL's...once the going gets tough the whine and cheese crowd won't give two S***'s about going to the games anymore and tickets will be on the resale market.  

Never understood this sentiment. Do you think because someone can afford better seats they are less of a fan? I know plenty of folks in the clubs, almost 80% drive over 3 hours to be at the games. I have good seats, about 25 yd line 22 rows up. I drive 8 hours each way for almost every home game.

You think because someone can afford decent seats, that somehow makes them less of a fan?  

You know who gives up seats the fastest when the team gets bad? The folks in the cheaper seats They are the ones usually only in when the going is good. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm not the one disputing the Bills are going to be moving anywhere, my post was a response to your comment saying it will be impossible to ever get single game tickets ever again once the new stadium opens.  Even with PSL's...once the going gets tough the whine and cheese crowd won't give two S***'s about going to the games anymore and tickets will be on the resale market.  Not sure what the pricing will be but it will not be impossible to ever get single game tickets to a Bills game in the new stadium.  Sure maybe in the first few years as we are still riding the high on these glory years with Allen but there's no way that excitement will be sustained when the Bills fall off again.  Look at how packed the Sabres arena is these days!  I completely understand the business side to all of this.  It is what it is but I am speaking from the perspective of a fan, it's just a shame this is where things are heading but it's unavoidable.  I get your a business guy and see it from that perspective but your avatar pic is of Kirby Jackson for christ's sake lol.  Surely you still must have some old school fandom in you deep down from the glory days that can understand why so many people hate this.  These are just completely different times of being a Sports fan that we grew up in.  

Tickets are on the resale market for every team, in every league and every event in sports. Yes, there will be resale tickets available in the new stadium. There will also be tickets available on the resale market for the Super Bowl, Olympics, the Masters, the World Cup, the World Series, etc…

Um, yes, I’d consider myself a fan. I’ve attended roughly 300 Bills games and seen them in 1/2 of the stadiums in the league. I followed them to London and would follow them to the moon if necessary. I’m not sure what my fandom has to do with this conversation? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Never understood this sentiment. Do you think because someone can afford better seats they are less of a fan? I know plenty of folks in the clubs, almost 80% drive over 3 hours to be at the games. I have good seats, about 25 yd line 22 rows up. I drive 8 hours each way for almost every home game.

You think because someone can afford decent seats, that somehow makes them less of a fan?  

You know who gives up seats the fastest when the team gets bad? The folks in the cheaper seats They are the ones usually only in when the going is good. 

Dude, I am so f@#$ing sick of all these poors.  They think they're soooooo much better than us because they have hard lives and a different perspective on stuff. Its like you're not a bigger Bills fan than me just because you use public transportation, hang out in methadone clinics, and shop at Tops.  The sheer arrogance of these people blows my mind.  Ya know, its not ALL caviar and champagne in my life.  Sometimes we order regular sparkling.  Try walking a mile in my Ferragamo's, street rat! 

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Dude, I am so f@#$ing sick of all these poors.  They think they're soooooo much better than us because they have hard lives and a different perspective on stuff. Its like you're not a bigger Bills fan than me just because you use public transportation, hang out in methadone clinics, and shop for expired meats at Tops.  The sheer arrogance of these people blows my mind.  Ya know, its not ALL caviar and champagne in my life.  Sometimes we order regular sparkling.  Try walking a mile in my Ferragamo's, street rat! 

great boiled down quote ( not exact) from Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

The rich are the most discriminated against set of people across the world. Everyone just assumes because you are rich, you are an arsehole. Well let me tell you something, i indeed have met a lot of rich ####### in my life. But I have also met a whole ton of poor #######. When ya get down to it, the only real difference in the two is the rich can at least buy their own drinks!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Obviously a little bit of a generalization on my part, of course every situation is different but from my experience of people I knew in real life it was definitely that type of fan that wanted nothing to do with going to the games during the drought years.  That doesn't mean that there are not true fans who have club seats etc. so I didn't mean to offend you personally.  I was speaking from a generalized point of view.  I still think there's some truth to it but honestly I didn't mean to come across insulting.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Dude, I am so f@#$ing sick of all these poors.  They think they're soooooo much better than us because they have hard lives and a different perspective on stuff. Its like you're not a bigger Bills fan than me just because you use public transportation, hang out in methadone clinics, and shop at Tops.  The sheer arrogance of these people blows my mind.  Ya know, its not ALL caviar and champagne in my life.  Sometimes we order regular sparkling.  Try walking a mile in my Ferragamo's, street rat! 

It was all fun and games until you said “shop at Tops”. Don’t judge me and my coupons you *****. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That is pretty much the case with entertainment venues.

By entertainment venues do you mean *only* football (or soccer in Europe)?

Because I cant think of any other entertainment venue where you pay for the building, then pay to enter the building, then pay to sit in the seat.

- You dont do that at concerts (unless its at a FOOTBALL stadium).
- You dont do that at comedy shows (no PSL, and taxpayers didnt pay for the venue). 
- You dont do that at magician acts (no PSL, and taxpayers didnt pay for the venue).
- You dont do that at medieval times (no PSL, and taxpayers didnt pay for the venue).

- You don't do that at festivals (taxpayers *might* have paid for the venue, but no PSL).

It's only football (or soccer). 

What is successful about it? Do you mean that a few billionaire owners are successful at taking money? 

Edited by Einstein

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It was all fun and games until you said “shop at Tops”. Don’t judge me and my coupons you *****. 

Don’t even get me started if your one of those “Aldi people”

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Everyone knew this was coming, so I don't understand the outrage. 

Most of the people who are upset about it were upset the entire time. For years. Maybe you're just paying attention now?

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

What is successful about it? Do you mean that a few billionaire owners are successful at taking money? 

Yes. Exactly. That is 100% the argument. To them, they are all that matters and they are successful and so is their business. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Tickets are on the resale market for every team, in every league and every event in sports. Yes, there will be resale tickets available in the new stadium. There will also be tickets available on the resale market for the Super Bowl, Olympics, the Masters, the World Cup, the World Series, etc…

Um, yes, I’d consider myself a fan. I’ve attended roughly 300 Bills games and seen them in 1/2 of the stadiums in the league. I followed them to London and would follow them to the moon if necessary. I’m not sure what my fandom has to do with this conversation? 

It's all good, I don't disagree with you there and respect your fandom.  I still have a hard time picturing the stadium full to capacity indefinitely going forward if the Bills encounter some more lean years again(not talking about ticket sales, just butts in seats).  Once again I understand the business side to all of it and I'm not shocked this is where we are but as a fan it's just disappointing the time is here, I mean we all knew it was coming yes but I don't think every fan has to love it and just take it with all smiles and rainbows.  There is going to be a lot of venting going on from now right up until the new stadium is opened.  Eventually it will die down and people will move on with it but right now it definitely feels like a culture shock.

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Yes. Exactly. That is 100% the argument. To them, they are all that matters and they are successful and so is their business. 

yeah thats why I laughed when the poster labeled this model as "successful". I mean, it's successful for 1 of the 60,000 people involved. 

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's all good, I don't disagree with you there and respect your fandom.  I still have a hard time picturing the stadium full to capacity indefinitely going forward if the Bills encounter some more lean years again(not talking about ticket sales, just butts in seats).  Once again I understand the business side to all of it and I'm not shocked this is where we are but as a fan it's just disappointing the time is here, I mean we all knew it was coming yes but I don't think every fan has to love it and just take it with all smiles and rainbows.  There is going to be a lot of venting going on from now right up until the new stadium is opened.  Eventually it will die down and people will move on with it but right now it definitely feels like a culture shock.

I’m not sure what we think is changing? Yeah, there will be some changes in the seats with the $50k PSLs. That’s probably 1,000 seats total and 70% will be people currently there. The stadium will be filled with the same people that are filling it now. The PSLs will all be sold. In a decade, after Josh, maybe some people start selling some of their seats but it’ll be full. That’s just what happens in the NFL now (and into the future). The Bills are hot and get big numbers on the resale market. 

This era of Bills football has created a new generation(s) of fans. People that are 35 and under were not around for the glory years. People 25 and under never saw the Bills competent until this era. Now, both of those groups are “in.” I’m 42 and my weekly group is anywhere from 10-55(ish). I’m on the older side of the group. Most everyone is in their 30’s. These people aren’t going away. The stadium will remain packed for many, many, many years. 

20 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Because I cant think of any other entertainment venue where you pay for the building, then pay to enter the building, then pay to sit in the seat.

Well, in Syracuse, the county (and maybe/probably NYS) paid to build the Lakeside Amphitheater.  We pay Ticketmaster a fee to be able to buy tickets, and then buy the tickets to the show. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure what we think is changing? Yeah, there will be some changes in the seats with the $50k PSLs. That’s probably 1,000 seats total and 70% will be people currently there. The stadium will be filled with the same people that are filling it now. The PSLs will all be sold. In a decade, after Josh, maybe some people start selling some of their seats but it’ll be full. That’s just what happens in the NFL now (and into the future). The Bills are hot and get big numbers on the resale market. 

This era of Bills football has created a new generation(s) of fans. People that are 35 and under were not around for the glory years. People 25 and under never saw the Bills competent until this era. Now, both of those groups are “in.” I’m 42 and my weekly group is anywhere from 10-55(ish). I’m on the older side of the group. Most everyone is in their 30’s. These people aren’t going away. The stadium will remain packed for many, many, many years. 

I've never really put too much weight into the changes that will be going on with the club seats but to me the biggest concern would have to be the changing demographics in the 100 level seats.  I know those seats won't have $50K PSL's but I'm anticipating them to be anywhere from $5K-$10K depending on where in the 100 level and that will be enough to steer a decent amount of people away.  I'm not just pulling that out of thin air.  There are tons of Bills fan groups and pages and accounts on Facebook and Twitter filled with long-time season ticket holders in that area that say they are ready to walk away if the PSL's are going to be that much.  Sure some of them may end up buying tickets in the nosebleeds and end zones(which I don't think the PSL's will be too bad there) but it is going to create a logjam of fans fighting over those seats that won't be able to keep their current seating area in the new stadium.  Am I wrong to expect this to be the case?  

30 minutes ago, Einstein said:

yeah thats why I laughed when the poster labeled this model as "successful". I mean, it's successful for 1 of the 60,000 people involved. 

But that 1 person is the only person that it matters to. In regards to the decisions being made. 

37 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I've never really put too much weight into the changes that will be going on with the club seats but to me the biggest concern would have to be the changing demographics in the 100 level seats.  I know those seats won't have $50K PSL's but I'm anticipating them to be anywhere from $5K-$10K depending on where in the 100 level and that will be enough to steer a decent amount of people away.  I'm not just pulling that out of thin air.  There are tons of Bills fan groups and pages and accounts on Facebook and Twitter filled with long-time season ticket holders in that area that say they are ready to walk away if the PSL's are going to be that much.  Sure some of them may end up buying tickets in the nosebleeds and end zones(which I don't think the PSL's will be too bad there) but it is going to create a logjam of fans fighting over those seats that won't be able to keep their current seating area in the new stadium.  Am I wrong to expect this to be the case?  

I think that is fair. I too think that is where most of the attrition will come from as a lot of them are long term people. I think your numbers are fair too. With 10 years to finance them, those will get snatched up in no time. 

We are hearing from the vocal minority now. If you have seats, in the lower level, at like the goal line, and they tell you it’s $7500 PSL, what percentage is REALLY walking away? It’s less than 15%. They can easily replace that. We aren’t hearing from the 85% that are buying them immediately. (Those are conservative guesses by the way. It could easily be north of 90%).

Also, if you do the math and the Bills goal is to raise $200M(ish) from PSLs those estimates are high. Let’s assume that they raise $25M from the clubs ($20k-$50k). They need to raise $175M from the rest of the stadium. Let’s say that 20,000 seats average $2500 for PSL. That’s another $50M. Let’s say another 20,000 seats average $5000 for a PSL. That’s $100M more. That still leaves 10,000-15,000 seats for the other $25M. There’s your $200M. Play around with the numbers. The point being, these people terrified of the $50K PSLs don’t need to worry. The math doesn’t support there being many.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

- You dont do that at concerts (unless its at a FOOTBALL stadium).
- You dont do that at comedy shows (no PSL, and taxpayers didnt pay for the venue). 
- You dont do that at magician acts (no PSL, and taxpayers didnt pay for the venue).
- You dont do that at medieval times (no PSL, and taxpayers didnt pay for the venue).

- You don't do that at festivals (taxpayers *might* have paid for the venue, but no PSL).

It's only football (or soccer). 

That’s it true. I’ve been to the Sabres Arena (whatever the hell name their calling it now) for multiple concerts from people that paid PSLs. As I have also been offered tickets at the Bills Stadium for concerts before they go on sale to the public because I have club seats and pay a PSL. 

when you have a PSL you own the right to a seat at any event held in that arena/stadium. Period. (Except for the SuperBowl which we won’t ever have to worry about anyway)

41 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I have club seats.  I also drive a 9 year old Toyota, shop for groceries at Walmart and Aldi. Wegmans is too expensive.  Club seats are my one splurge.  

Ewwwwwww. Aldi, I knew it. Trash 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

That’s it true. I’ve been to the Sabres Arena (whatever the hell name their calling it now) for multiple concerts from people that paid PSLs.

Huh? The Sabres dont have PSL's. 

You may have bought concert tickets (that were publicly available by the way) from Sabres season ticket holders who responded to an emailed that offered them to buy concert tickets, that you also could have purchased on Ticketmaster.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Huh? The Sabres dont have PSL's. 

You may have bought concert tickets (that were publicly available by the way) from Sabres season ticket holders who responded to an emailed that offered them to buy concert tickets, that you also could have purchased on Ticketmaster.

I’m not sure about every seat in the house. But I’ve sat in a suite for a concert before. Pretty sure that constitutes a PSL. They own the box. Just like a club seat. And I’m not so sure that some 200 level tickets don’t have PSLs on them either. 

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m not sure about every seat in the house. But I’ve sat in a suite for a concert before. Pretty sure that constitutes a PSL. They own the box. Just like a club seat. And I’m not so sure that some 200 level tickets don’t have PSLs on them either. 

A suite is a completely different animal and not what anyone in this thread is talking about.

What i'm gathering is that you are mistakenly considering a season benefit perk that club holders get (about 15% of the stadium), where they get to purchase event tickets at the normal price as the general public, as "Personal Seat Licenses". Despite neither the Bills or Sabres EVER marketing this benefit as a PSL (because it's not).

Or maybe you just have the urge to argue.

Just now, Einstein said:

A suite is a completely different animal and not what anyone in this thread is talking about.

What i'm gathering is that you are mistakenly considering a season benefit perk that club holders get (about 15% of the stadium), where they get to purchase event tickets at the normal price as the general public, as "Personal Seat Licenses". Despite neither the Bills or Sabres EVER marketing this benefit as a PSL (because it's not).

Or maybe you just have the urge to argue.

Maybe I had the opportunity to buy tickets to the Luke Combs concert in April before they became available to the public. And yes, I do like to argue. 

• Haha (+1) 3

I think the PSLs will sell fairly well.  I base that on a couple things.  One, the general level of insanity for the Bills among the fan base.  Two, I think there is more disposable income folks among fans than is generally thought to be so.  Every year we see how much Bills fans will travel to away games, thus they have the $$ to do so.  Plus I mentioned earlier when I visit the area restaurants, bars, other sporting events like the Bandits are full.  

I think you’ll see scenarios where folks may split the cost and go to X number of games and such.  

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

That's capitalism for ya'.     I bet if you were wealthy;) you wouldn't volunteer to pay a penny more in taxes than you were required to if the other multi-millionaires didn't have to.    It's the exact same situation.   The other owners are collecting it from their fans,  Pegula would be pound-foolish to not collect it.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2