Bills sign C/G Will Clapp

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I hear that penicillin clears that right up

Most of the time yes, but there's some resistant bugs out there now.

26 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

14 years ago we had Levitre, Wang, and Wood.   Eventually it catches up with you.

Post of the year so far! Well played!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

There are some positions I can take some fan input in. Offensive line is not one of them. Most fans don't really watch the OL, they follow the ball. And many wouldn't know what to look for if they were watching. 

I agree fan input can be flawed but I think a good amount of hardcore fans (the types that post here or on Reddit about their teams) can have a good feel for offensive line play. They can tell where pressure is coming from and where the team struggles to run the ball. As a big fan who watches every game and obsesses over breakdowns I feel like you can at least have a reasonable take on how good or bad an offensive line player is if you watch them play consistently. Not 100% accurate but a reasonable data point to consider. 

Oh shoot. Every time he snaps the ball we all have to golf clap. I can just hear Romo, "and.. yeah... um... the bills mafia is um... yeah.. changed".

But the good news is he is besties with Latu (DE) in the upcoming draft. Do we move up? Hmmm.

Clapp, 6-foot-5 and 311 pounds, is entering his seventh season in the NFL after four with the New Orleans Saints and the last two with the Los Angeles Chargers. He has 21 career starts in 65 games.

Clapp started 11 games for the Chargers in 2023 before he was placed on injured reserve with a season-ending knee injury.

Clapp was a seventh round pick by the Saints in the 2018 NFL Draft. He was with the Saints from 2018-2021, moving several times from the practice squad to the active roster. He protected Drew Brees for the quarterbacks last three years in New Orleans.

He was a two-time All-SEC selection at Louisiana State University and jumped to the NFL with a year of eligibility remaining.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Word has it that what sold McDermott in him is that when McDermott asked him

McDermott: "When you see me in the sideline, I....."

Unsure of the answer. Clapp answer back and said

Clapp: "You....Will Clapp?"

McDermott then said

"get him a jersey and put him on the wall of fame. Welcome to Buffalo, Buddy"

True story 

Edited by Buffalo03

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, I hear things from time to time. There isn’t anything else that I’m hearing. I was sworn to secrecy here.

So long as you don’t reveal your source generally you can reveal tidbits 

I actually have an NHL source (Not Buffalo) and I reveal info on forums and to friends before the general public gets it. No big deal according to my source 

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

So long as you don’t reveal your source generally you can reveal tidbits 

I actually have an NHL source (Not Buffalo) and I reveal info on forums and to friends before the general public gets it. No big deal according to my source 

I’ve given things over the years but am cautious when someone asks me not to say anything.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, damj said:

Is it good to have the Clapp? 

Why don’t you tell us what Siri thinks? I’m not going there with her! I don’t trust her discretion. My neighbors are both clever and vicious. I bet she’s on the take.