Chiefs president floats the idea of the team leaving

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

They are not going to move. Age old tactics on the part of sports teams to fund stadium development. 

yes and time for communities to push back.  Primary revenue for NFL but you saw reaction with Kaepernick - NFL does not like bad publicity - and if fans in KC do not want a stadium like was imposed on Bills fans they need to react.

17 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Florio/PFT are going to be all over this! 🙄🙄

nah, the Bills to Toronto story seemed like his dream, and Pegula buying the team and the Bills building a new stadium here seems to have really broken his spirit and zest for relocation stories. 

Now he's back to "the end of football?" type stories to make himself feel better. 

This is so ridiculous. Billionaire owners threatening middle class people to buy them a stadium otherwise their team will leave. This is one thing I hate about the NFL. Public funding for the stadiums of Billionaire owners is just wrong

The goal of a business is to maximize revenue while minimizing costs.

If I owned the Bills and wanted a new stadium, I'd absolutely threaten to follow the Braves to San Diego even though I had no real intention of going anywhere.  

5 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

They are not going to move. Age old tactics on the part of sports teams to fund stadium development. 

Agreed.  They may be angling for the KC side, not the Missouri.  That’s possible, but the Hunt family has been around since the beginning.

1 hour ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

Mexico City Chiefs?   Sounds good.  

For real, I hope they get it figured out.  That's horrible to do to a fan base and I don't wish it on my worst enemy (chiefs) 

Calcutta Chiefs

Forget investing Europe, S. America, Africa… India is the biggest country in the world and it’s not getting smaller. Go be proactive Hunt family. Go find that money elsewhere 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

It's crazy the owners do this but the asset that they own and can sell for profit increases in value. Not sure how that's allowed, I'm sure there is a law to affirm its legal, but doesn't make me agree with it.

But as a fanbase you have to not dig your feet too deep in opposition or you end up with the San Diego Chargers situation, they had it down to only hotels and tourist type attractions would carry an increase in tax, which is a really good compromise IMO, they still said no and lost the team.