Brandon Beane at Alabama Pro Day

20 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I've been thinking that there's a chance they want to replace Tre with a true #1 lockdown cb. Elam hasn't planned out and Rasul is only on a one year contract.

And he might also be enamored with Burton as a deep threat. 

Im enamored with Burton as a deep threat. His character is the question mark so being around him would be the best way to see if he has matured

• Like (+1) 1

Beane isn’t just thinking of this upcoming season, a GM has to also have his eye on two and three years down the road and anticipate departures. Can any of these players fill a reserve role and take over when a player leaves. Or, just fill the role of backup.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Latham? Maybe Braswell?

A bit surprised with all the Pro Days that happened yesterday that's the one he was at. Bama has some good prospects but don't seem to fit our glaring needs on paper. What's he up to?

My guess: DE Braswell, WR Burton, their two CBs, and they have another DL who could be a day 3 pick.

Always smart to go to the schools that get the top high school recruits like Bama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State…

19 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

If the point of this thread is to panic, both Zac Taylor and Mike McDaniel were at the Texas pro day. Imagine Worthy with Waddle and Hill.

Miami should be looking at the Texas DTs after losing Wilkins.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Cornelius Bennett?

I get that. But to send the GM to that Pro Day with so many other ones happening at the same time is rather curious to me. I would have though he would want to see a bit more of the WR/DTs ect that were a bigger need over some potential UDFAs. 

They likely have seen plenty and while Beane has final say (with McDermott), he relies on the scouting department as well.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Has there ever been an Alabama prospect that has excelled in a Bills uniform? 

Bama players have been kind of dicey to me.  Hugely productive at the college level, but when they come to the NFL and things don't come as easy, I don't feel like they handle it well.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Has there ever been an Alabama prospect that has excelled in a Bills uniform? 

I heard that Cornelius Bennett was OK.

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

They have a DE and CB both considered top 20 picks....could keep an eye on them in case one slides. Just another angle of the draft madness.

They have 2 corners who will almost certainly go in round one.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Bama players have been kind of dicey to me.  Hugely productive at the college level, but when they come to the NFL and things don't come as easy, I don't feel like they handle it well.  

Very true. Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Davonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle all pretty much suck. Oh, and I forgot who led the NFL in passing yards in 2023, and who took the Eagles to the NFC Title and the Superbowl. Those two are also very dicey. 

9 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Very true. Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Davonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle all pretty much suck. Oh, and I forgot who led the NFL in passing yards in 2023, and who took the Eagles to the NFC Title and the Superbowl. Those two are also very dicey. 

Admittedly it's a sweeping generalization.  I'm aware of the hundreds of draftees from there, many have made it big.  It's a factory.   I'd want the hardest workers and guys who love football, from all the draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Admittedly it's a sweeping generalization.  I'm aware of the hundreds of draftees from there, many have made it big.  It's a factory.   I'd want the hardest workers and guys who love football, from all the draft picks.

Agreed. The good Bama players do keep on coming. The Lions had Williams, Branch, and Gibbs help them get to the Super Bowl. I posted my opinion of this class about a month ago. It isn't their strongest class by any means but there are some very good players there.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

AJ mccarron led a legacy 4th qtr comeback drive ON THE ROAD in the preseason. 

Dwayne Haskins was pretty good as well. Oh wait, different school.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4040616/dwayne-haskins