Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

7 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

The comments in this thread are embarrassing. He's as good or better than Mahomes? Josh is good enough so he doesn't have to work harder? What planet are you guys living on? This is the kind of thread that gets posted on other forums and those fans laugh at how delusional we are. The only thing Josh Allen has ever won in his life was a few division titles and the Idaho Potato Bowl. Get it together, you are embarrassing yourselves with your acceptance of mediocrity.

C’mon now … if you’ve read enough of this and other Bills forums, you’d know that every player on 5e roster is a beast and the best at his position in the league. How DARE you think that our quarterback has no need to improve his game 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Couldn't disagree more. If Josh was at the pinnacle of the sport and the Bills were winning by 2 TD's then the defense couldn't let them down. Tom Brady is divorced because he was obsessed with football and neglected his family to be the best. Josh is a nice guy. He will never be great because he, like all of you, thinks he's good enough. What a joke

He on his own is more than good enough. Worse QBs than Josh have won the Super Bowl.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Couldn't disagree more. If Josh was at the pinnacle of the sport and the Bills were winning by 2 TD's then the defense couldn't let them down. Tom Brady is divorced because he was obsessed with football and neglected his family to be the best. Josh is a nice guy. He will never be great because he, like all of you, thinks he's good enough. What a joke

K, not to be cheeky, but substitute yourself for any other fan base in the NFL a over the past few years of the Chefs dynasty run, and couldn’t you make the same allegations about their signal callers and or coaching? Any team that comes up short by definition had a moment that led to their playoff demise, if they even got that far. Now, do you mean to say that each one of those QB’s has the same issue of thinking they’re good enough? You’re making a lot of sweeping statements about Josh and the Bills and his mindset that you really don’t have from the horse’s mouth. You can’t just overlook the rest of the team and coaching in all of this. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know. But I really hope he works hard this offseason. I feel like Josh being dialled in is the difference between this team being in a lot of one score games and us winning more comfortably. 

I agree to an extent though hope he listens to the Bills medical team too. I think his shoulder bothered him for a lot of the season, so if they prefer him to miss physical training then so be it. Saying that, it doesn't stop him watching film and I would like to hear that he is working with Palmer.

Its not clear what the most clownish part of this thread is.  Here are the nominees:

1. Anyone posting in this thread knows what the optimal off-season workout for Josh Allen
  2. Anyone posting in this thread knows what Josh Allen's actual off-season workouts actually consist of. 
  3. Despite not know 1 or 2 above, being certain Allen isn't working hard enough
  4. Somehow the Bills playoff failures are connected to Allen not working hard enough in the off-season,

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ask yourself what McDermott does to be a better HC? He is the sole reason Allen is not a SuperBowl champion. 

Allen is the only reason the Bills are competitive. 

Replace McDermott with any HC and this team still wins the division. 

My understanding is that any other head coach means entering a 20 year playoff drought, with or without Josh Allen. 

• Disagree 1

Unless this question is put to JA17 in say, July, AND he answers it honestly, there’s no possible way anybody knows the answer to this question.

OK, maaaayyyyyybeee his Mom or Dad would know, or some other close family member, but even that’s not a sure thing.

I definitely think he has some room for improvement, but I’m not sure that doing anything in the offseason will help him make better decisions as to where/who to throw the ball to in the season.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Allen is a great qb and #2 currently. What he does in the offseason is his business. But that drive to be the best that existed in Brady and is what’s driving Mahomes right now is clearly not in Allen. That’s ok because not everyone has that and it’s not a requirement to win a championship. 

Allen is top 2 in the eyes of Buffalo fans.  It’s debatable, that’s for darn sure.  Outside of Buffalo, many have him as a top 7 guy.  He’s physically dominant, but the mental errors are killer.   Obviously the National narrative is around the turnovers. 

That said, I think he IS missing the mental edge on the game.  He has t made great decisions with the ball the last two years.  He’s trying to win games physically, that’s not going to last.  I am sure he’s working out etc, but I hope this off-season he really works on the mental aspect of the game and tries to find a better balance of caution vs aggressively going for it all on every possession.   When he finds that middle ground, he has proven to be unreal.  The problem is, too often, he’s either taking all the short passes and not running through wide open lanes or is attempting to drag the entire team to the end zone on his back.  There needs to be a middle.  Mahomes is so great because he sits in that zone most of the time.  Allen is behind him because he’s super hot or super cold most of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

K, not to be cheeky, but substitute yourself for any other fan base in the NFL a over the past few years of the Chefs dynasty run, and couldn’t you make the same allegations about their signal callers and or coaching? Any team that comes up short by definition had a moment that led to their playoff demise, if they even got that far. Now, do you mean to say that each one of those QB’s has the same issue of thinking they’re good enough? You’re making a lot of sweeping statements about Josh and the Bills and his mindset that you really don’t have from the horse’s mouth. You can’t just overlook the rest of the team and coaching in all of this. 

Curt Cousins is not good and comes up short but he works probably harder than anyone in the league and is maximizing his potential, otherwise he might not even be in the league.

Conversely, Josh Allen thinks he's good enough and doesn't workout, doesn't watch film, these are his own words. Kyle Allen asked him his plans for the offseason on his podcast. It wasn't to get better and work on being the best QB and winning a championship. He said his plan was to play at every single PGA major golf course. What an absolute slap in the face to Bills fans. This guy wants to be Tiger Woods not Tom Brady. And we all know that he is now immersed into the Hollywood scene and all of those industry parties and such so that will be a whole thing as well.

Not so bold prediction: Josh Allen has already peaked and the Bills will never win a Superbowl. He has other interests and he is happy just showing up on Sundays and seeing what happens.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Unless this question is put to JA17 in say, July, AND he answers it honestly, there’s no possible way anybody knows the answer to this question.

OK, maaaayyyyyybeee his Mom or Dad would know, or some other close family member, but even that’s not a sure thing.

I definitely think he has some room for improvement, but I’m not sure that doing anything in the offseason will help him make better decisions as to where/who to throw the ball to in the season.

Doubt there’s a correlation between his offseason and WR drops and route running and speed and contested catches.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

it was pretty obvious last year he worked a lot with jordan palmer in the offseason. pretty sure that will continue this season. why is this even a question? 

Was it? I didn't hear anything about him working with Jordan last offseason and I do think there were some signs of regression in some of his fundamentals. That isn't me accusing him of not working hard by the way - I have no idea what he did last offseason but I didn't hear, unlike previous years, mentions of him working with Palmer and I thought it was telling when he was on the media round at the Superbowl he was asked about his offseason workout plans and didn't mention Palmer once. I sort of suspected that relationship had concluded. I'd be interested in hearing to that contrary. 

• Agree 3