Marvin Harrison Jr to Skip Pro Day

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

No it doesn't

OK.  When was he timed in the 40 and what was his time? 

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Not that I think he is terrible but he is ooooooooooooooverrated.  He has issues tracking the ball which will be more problematic in the NFL than they were in college..  

I think MHJ will have a nice NFL career, but we're not talking about Megatron, or Randy Moss or Julio Jones here, which is how he's being hyped.  I'd put Caleb Williams in the same over-hyped bucket too, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

He also skipped the press conference portion of the Combine as well. Yes, he has elite WR traits and the film is what it is. Still, at some point, this as to raise a red flag somewhere. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

not a chance he is passed over. he goes first WR and top 5. dude is a likely generational talent and worth the trade up to get

They were already saying at the Combine it wouldn't be that shocking at all to see Nabers go ahead of MHJ. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

He also skipped the press conference portion of the Combine as well. Yes, he has elite WR traits and the film is what it is. Still, at some point, this as to raise a red flag somewhere. 

I’ll give him credit for being up front about his Diva status. This way nobody should be surprised. 

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Evans is an interesting comp, but I don't think Harrison is nearly as big as Evans.  Evans is just a huge WR, and obviously, he's an absolute dog.  It remains to be seen whether Harrison can even run a 4.5.

Watch game film on him. He can get separation and break away. 

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Not that I think he is terrible but he is ooooooooooooooverrated.  He has issues tracking the ball which will be more problematic in the NFL than they were in college..  

MHJ or who?

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think MHJ will have a nice NFL career, but we're not talking about Megatron, or Randy Moss or Julio Jones here, which is how he's being hyped.  I'd put Caleb Williams in the same over-hyped bucket too, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

Read the thread above. He ran 22.2 mph that fastest in a game in CFB. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Skipped Combine and now skipping this. Wouldn't shock me if he's not the 1st WR taken after all. Great film for sure. But I think he's gonna get passed by for one of the other top 2 guys. 

No chance at all.  He has nothing to gain from combine or workouts.  He is cemented as the top WR on the board, generational talent.  It is not worth the injury risk to workout when he across the board believed to be going in the top 5.  

This is not unusual on a prospect graded this high.  His stock cannot go any higher than it is, it can only go down.  If he was my client, I wouldn't let him workout either.

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

He is probably the highest regarded WR prospect coming out since Megatron though.  Nothing to gain from working out, only something to lose.  If I was his agent I wouldn't let him workout either.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He is probably the highest regarded WR prospect coming out since Megatron though.  Nothing to gain from working out, only something to lose.  If I was his agent I wouldn't let him workout either.  

Oh, I don't dispute he'll be drafted high, I just don't think he's going to be a dominant NFL WR. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Skipped Combine and now skipping this. Wouldn't shock me if he's not the 1st WR taken after all. Great film for sure. But I think he's gonna get passed by for one of the other top 2 guys. 

If I were him I would do the combine and that's it.  No pro day ot individual workouts for teams.  

There is more than enough film.

Marv basically had his pro day last year. All the teams were here to see stroud and he was throwing to Marv. There is no QB he has ever caught a pass from here anymore to throw to him. His qb from this past year transferred already. He could run, but no reason to. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

Man i'm sure he is a great player i haven't seen any thing of him just his old man but actions speak louder than words !!

If that be the fact in this case cancelling both of his showings that in some way indicates to me that he is saying "I am that good & don't need to show you any more" which could be translated into DIVA !! 

I hope i'm wrong and that he just has a good grasp on it all & like i've heard from some that he would rather be getting ready for the NFL season that lies ahead rather than what i have stated . 

But if mommy, Daddy, Coaches, & NFL scouts have told him for how ever long they have been that he is the best man i hop that's not a huge red flag ! 

Remember Kellen Winslow the second ?? Just a thought .

He’s really the furthest thing from a diva. His approach has been to train for the nfl season. Not the draft evals. So that he’s ready as possible to go day 1 as a rookie. A lot of rookie WRs don’t have their first real offseason of nfl training until year 2. He’s starting now. All the teams know this. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/26/takeaways-harrison-draft-combine-free-agency-franchise-tag

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

Why?  Nothing he can say or do will raise his status.  He didnt have to do any of it.  He came spoke to teams, provided medicals and moved on.  It is still a business he had nothing to gain from participating.  In todays about me and social media generation, putting in the work and going about his business quietly imo is not a neg. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Marv basically had his pro day last year. All the teams were here to see stroud and he was throwing to Marv. There is no QB he has ever caught a pass from here anymore to throw to him. His qb from this past year transferred already. He could run, but no reason to. 

He’s really the furthest thing from a diva. His approach has been to train for the nfl season. Not the draft evals. So that he’s ready as possible to go day 1 as a rookie. A lot of rookie WRs don’t have their first real offseason of nfl training until year 2. He’s starting now. All the teams know this. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/26/takeaways-harrison-draft-combine-free-agency-franchise-tag

Great point.  Why train for drills you need to perform once.  He is going to be a great player.  Maybe more steak and potatoes than flash.   

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Oh, I don't dispute he'll be drafted high, I just don't think he's going to be a dominant NFL WR. 

Yeah, thats fair, I am only commenting on why he shouldn't workout since he can't really improve his draft stock.  While he is probably the most hyped in past 10 years, I actually don't think he is any safer of a pick to be an elite WR1 in the NFL than Nabers or Odunze.  

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Sorry but you need to put this fantasy to bed.  It would START with Bills 1st and 2nd this year PLUS next year's 1st and 2nd.

Moving from 28 to 4 is a huge jump.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=buf

We’d only need to trade all of this years draft picks, some of next years picks, and Diggs.  Seems like a fair price for us 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

well, Marv did specifically say Josh Allen as one of the QB's he'd love to play with.  Didn't mention Mahomes....so I already like the guy

Beane should at least explore what it would take to get to pick 4 or 6  for Harrison or Nabers 

The Cardinals are a dumb franchise who knows maybe it would be a favorable price.   

The Giants connection at 6 would make a lot of sense and likely a fair deal 

If he starts limping when seen around town, combined with no workouts maybe the Bills wouldn't have to move up as far.

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

well, Marv did specifically say Josh Allen as one of the QB's he'd love to play with.  Didn't mention Mahomes....so I already like the guy

Beane should at least explore what it would take to get to pick 4 or 6  for Harrison or Nabers 

The Cardinals are a dumb franchise who knows maybe it would be a favorable price.   

The Giants connection at 6 would make a lot of sense and likely a fair deal 

Just curious:

What do you believe it would take to trade up from #28 to #4 in the first round?

IIRC, in 2018, pre-draft, the Bills owned their own #1 pick (#22) and KC's #1 pick  in the 1st round.  They also had 2 2nd round picks (their own, and LA Rams)

Pre draft, the Bills traded Cordy Glenn to Cinncinnati to move up from #21 to #12.  So starting LT for 9 spots.

During the draft, they traded pick #12 AND both 2nd round picks to move up from #12 to #7 (Bills got back a late 7th) from Tampa.  So 2 2nd round picks to move up 5 spots.

So to go from #21 to #7 cost a former pro-bowl LT still playing at a high level, and 2 2nd round picks.

Now you want them to go from #28 to #4, so what would that take?