Chase Young to Saints

Doesn’t seem like a McD type.  Exceptional talent that I think could still be great….but I don’t think he’ll ever put in the effort to get there. He takes way too many plays off effort wise.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Saint $60M over the 2025 cap and signing Chase Young to a 1 year $13M deal is such a head scratcher.  They really need to just tank for a year, get a good rookie QB and start over.  This can kicking ideology isn’t working for them at all.  

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Saint $60M over the 2025 cap and signing Chase Young to a 1 year $13M deal is such a head scratcher.  They really need to just tank for a year, get a good rookie QB and start over.  This can kicking ideology isn’t working for them at all.  

Perpetually mediocre nowadays 

3 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

It's like they are doing everything to not admit they have a problem.....their cap is a mess, their future cap is a mess and they still have no team to field this season.

They should just tear that bandage off in one swoop, tank a few seasons and start over.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Doesn’t seem like a McD type.  Exceptional talent that I think could still be great….but I don’t think he’ll ever put in the effort to get there. He takes way too many plays off effort wise.  

He can hang with Von...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Owner won’t let them.

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

It's like they are doing everything to not admit they have a problem.....their cap is a mess, their future cap is a mess and they still have no team to field this season.

They should just tear that bandage off in one swoop, tank a few seasons and start over.

everyone in the building is desperate to prove they can do it without Sean/drew but the way to do that is a hard reset not digging deeper. 

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Owner won’t let them.

the owner is absentee in football decisions - so basically the opposite 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the owner is absentee in football decisions - so basically the opposite 

I didn’t know that. Signing Carr reeked of “win now under any circumstances” and that usually comes from an owner. So, then the GM and coach have to go. A new regime will clean house and start over, like what Beane and McDermott did here. Fans will complain, but what do they know?

Perfect place for him to under perform and no one will notice or care and next year after a lackluster year he will be talked up as a top free agent again.

if he couldn't produce in SF opposite Bosa with a great front 7 he never will.  

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

He doesn't really move the needle. Like a young Clowney, but injured. Similar "motors."

I disagree Young was well on his way to being amongst better DEs in the league and sustained a serious injury. Clowney just a guy that has great measurables that doesn't play up to them. 

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I disagree Young was well on his way to being amongst better DEs in the league and sustained a serious injury. Clowney just a guy that has great measurables that doesn't play up to them. 

The injuries aren’t the only thing holding him back from being great now. 

It's incredible that no matter how badly this guy stinks on the field, people will continue to think he's amazing.

2.5 sacks last year in a full season lining up with Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, and Javon Hargrave.

6.5 sacks over the prior 3 seasons with the Commanders.

7.5 sacks his rookie year, which was 5 years ago, and is apparently the only thing people remember.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

How does 2025 cap projections even come into play on a 1 year deal ??? It will be off the books in 2025 so it has no effect.

Or am I missing something that isn't obvious?

The Washington dline was super talented too with Payne and company. Idk what the problem is, but I’m happy it’s not the Bills.

Would be nice to see him go off finally, if for nothing else, to see more highlights on Sunday night after the games.