Plans at WR?

4 hours ago, DapperCam said:

In theory, the Bills could be fine or even improved from last season if the following happen:

- Diggs returns to form (maybe he was injured) 

- Kincaid improves from his rookie year (likely)

- Shakir maintains his effectiveness with increased targets.

- Cook continues to improve as a pass catcher (he improved last year, why not again?)

- Knox plays well when he’s on the field (hopefully he his fully healthy this year).

Davis’ targets going to Kincaid, Shakir and Cook could be okay.

With that being said, it feels like FA is shaping up for a 1st round WR and a couple depth vet FAs.

Wishful thinking ,  wr position has been in decline for past 2 seasons and it has reflected with how we see the Bills play

• Agree 1

On 3/11/2024 at 2:02 PM, TFBillsfan said:

Our current roster is Diggs, Shakir, Sherfield and Shorter (inactive all season). Currently not scaring anyone and probably in the bottom 10 as a WR group.

Add one impact WR, and you're looking at that guy, Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid, and Cook. With Allen behind a decent line, that's a scary lineup to face. One home run, and they go from meh to "Wow!"

• Like (+1) 1

Looks to me like kj’s stats last year were worse than 2021 and 2022

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Wishful thinking ,  wr position has been in decline for past 2 seasons and it has reflected with how we see the Bills play

Bit on a 1st rd wr and that changes quickly 

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I hate when people associate players that played at UB as Buffalo natives. Case in point Osborn is from Michigan. He has been a good WR3 in Minny and wouldn't mind him in same role here. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I hate when people associate players that played at UB as Buffalo natives. Case in point Osborn is from Michigan. He has been a good WR3 in Minny and wouldn't mind him in same role here. 

Once a Buffalonian.. Always a Buffalonian!! Him and Mack would be AWESOME grabs

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Bills need an outside receiver/downfield threat.

Hunter Renfrow is a slot guy.

No, I get that. But we need more than one WR brought in and my memory of him was he excels at route running. Could be the new Beasley and allow Shakir to work inside and outside.

Any idea where to find slot vs. wide %? Struggling to find Renfrow’s stats for that.

IF we assume the plan is to use the 1st on a WR to eventually take over the #2 WR then Beane will be looking at a 1 year replacement to take Gabe's outside receiver role. Pretty hard to predict who that'll be with Buff salary cap limits but a few I've been eyeing that they have had interest in in the past would be DJ Chark, Beckem, or Samuel. I am also curious if they would look at MVS for a very low deal basically faster Gabe with worse hands. I know most would hate it but with all these guys the plan would be to ease in the 1st round rookie with average WR4 play behind Diggs, Kincade, and Shakir.

17 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

No, I get that. But we need more than one WR brought in and my memory of him was he excels at route running. Could be the new Beasley and allow Shakir to work inside and outside.

Any idea where to find slot vs. wide %? Struggling to find Renfrow’s stats for that.

The Bills don't need as many WR bodies as everyone seems to be implying.

Going into the season, they will only have 5-6 guys.

Stefon Diggs, Khalil Shakir are the obvious ones.  They also really like Justin Shorter.

I'm absolutely certain Beane is looking to add a WR on either Day 1-2 of the draft.  That already brings you to four guys.

Add one more cheap veteran in Free Agency.  Then vets Andy Isabella and KJ Hamler have the potential to contribute.  Tyrell Shavers also showed some promise in preseason/training camp last year.

1-28: WR, Brian Thomas Jr.

2-60: S, Cameron Kinchens

4-128: DT, McKinnley Jackson

4-134: WR, Brenden Rice

5-144: CB, Kalen King

5-160: DE, Nelson Caesar

5-163: OL, Roger Rosengarten

6-189: WR, Luke McCaffrey

6-200: CB, Johnny Dixon

6-204: LB, Braiden McGregor 

7-248: OL, Charles Turner III

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The Bills don't need as many WR bodies as everyone seems to be implying.

Going into the season, they will only have 5-6 guys.

Stefon Diggs, Khalil Shakir are the obvious ones.  They also really like Justin Shorter.

I'm absolutely certain Beane is looking to add a WR on either Day 1-2 of the draft.  That already brings you to four guys.

Add one more cheap veteran in Free Agency.  Then vets Andy Isabella and KJ Hamler have the potential to contribute.  Tyrell Shavers also showed some promise in preseason/training camp last year.

I think they need to add at least three guys including a WR2 and two others who figure to at least compete for WR4/5. Whether that’s two FAs/one draft or vice versa I do not know although with such a deep draft I hope it is the latter. Not necessarily banging the drum for Renfrow but do not think the slot label should preclude us from signing someone.

4 hours ago, Kaenon said:

1-28: WR, Brian Thomas Jr.

2-60: S, Cameron Kinchens

4-128: DT, McKinnley Jackson

4-134: WR, Brenden Rice

5-144: CB, Kalen King

5-160: DE, Nelson Caesar

5-163: OL, Roger Rosengarten

6-189: WR, Luke McCaffrey

6-200: CB, Johnny Dixon

6-204: LB, Braiden McGregor 

7-248: OL, Charles Turner III

Kinchens is a fringe athlete for a safety and I don’t think he will go in round 2, but the Bills did hire his coach from Miami…

50 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Right here 

I’m not grooving on Mitchell or Franklin or Coleman or Worthy in the first.  Of that group, I guess I’d take Mitchell, but athletic ability aside I worry a bit about his effort - both from game tape and scouting write-ups.  Doesn’t seem very much like Beane/McDermott type.