Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, I have to imagine they'd definitely prefer to move him somewhere else than a Division Rival.

But their options are very slim. Could be a Bledsoe to Buffalo situation where when it comes to the most return, they don't have much of a choice. The Giants and Patriots are the only real places still needing a Starter off the top of my head and they both pick in the Top 6.

Everyone knows they need to offload him for Caleb, so I don't think they're getting the return they're asking for.  Might be a case of beggars can't be choosers.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, I have to imagine they'd definitely prefer to move him somewhere else than a Division Rival.

But their options are very slim. Could be a Bledsoe to Buffalo situation where when it comes to the most return, they don't have much of a choice. The Giants and Patriots are the only real places still needing a Starter off the top of my head and they both pick in the Top 6.

Denver needs a starting QB. 

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Beane has no money, either in daylight or dark. 

If there really has no money it makes no sense to have prioritized the signings they have made or leaving almost $10m on the table with Josh. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

If there really has no money it makes no sense to have prioritized the signings they have made or leaving almost $10m on the table with Josh. 

Some have suggested Pegs could have put a cap on him this year 

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I doubt it but think Beane knows this a critical year and can't make big cap mistakes so he's going bargain shopping. 

If they take a step back McD will throw beane under the bus. 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I doubt it but think Beane knows this a critical year and can't make big cap mistakes so he's going bargain shopping. 

I think he was always going bargain shopping ….but would have thought Josh’s $10 mil might have helped in that department … there are a hell of a lot of depth  still to fill … 

Maybe all 11 draft picks are making the 53 this year …

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

"the nfl salary cap isn't real" - Dan Fates

One of my favorite lines from the Combine was him saying that they were talking to Beane off the record and that Beane told him "anyone who thinks the cap isn't real is an idiot" in a "more colorful manner" and that Fetes had to own up to that being his favorite thing to say.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think he was always going bargain shopping ….but would have thought Josh’s $10 mil might have helped in that department … there are a hell of a lot of depth  still to fill … 

Maybe all 11 draft picks are making the 53 this year …

I could see 7 or 8. 

14 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Beane has no money, either in daylight or dark. 

Everything we did went into getting out from under 42+m over the cap, re-signing Daquan Jones as our starting 1T, re-signing Taylor Rapp as one of our starting Safeties, re-signing AJ Epenesa as our DE3/DE2, re-signing Cam Lewis as S3, signing Mitch Trubisky as QB2, signing Nicholas Morrow as LB3, and Matt Haack at Punter.

We're at where we need to be to be cap compliant for the league start tomorrow and be able to file the moves we've made. That's it.

Until we hear that they've done a Taron Johnson extension, an Ed Oliver, Matt Milano, and/or a Stefon Diggs re-structure - we effectively have nothing. Not having any of that done combined with only getting 16.5 from Josh and only getting 2.5 from Douglas on a re-structure instead of an extension really hurt.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

One of my favorite lines from the Combine was him saying that they were talking to Beane off the record and that Beane told him "anyone who thinks the cap isn't real is an idiot" in a "more colorful manner" and that Fetes had to own up to that being his favorite thing to say.

Does it make me a bad person to say that Dan Fetes has a very punchable head ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

he's walking that back a little nowadays😅

I know he is, that's why I like to use it as satire.  The cap is real, beane is actually just really good at doing the financial part of being a GM and making it look like it isn't.

16 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

"the nfl salary cap isn't real" - Dan Fates

Except the Bills are leaving $30 million in cap space untouched this year. It’s a choice. Why are they making that choice? Maybe they are trying to stay away from risking dead cap for the future. Maybe they’re keeping spending down after years of being at the top of spending. Could be many things.

Maybe they are truly planning on getting younger and have 11 draft picks make the roster. 

All Im saying is if they wanted more cap space they could easily have more cap space.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Except the Bills are leaving $30 million in cap space untouched this year. It’s a choice. Why are they making that choice? Maybe they are trying to stay away from risking dead cap for the future. Maybe they’re keeping spending down after years of being at the top of spending. Could be many things.

Maybe they are truly planning on getting younger and have 11 draft picks make the roster. 

All Im saying is if they wanted more cap space they could easily have more cap space.

Where’s this 30 million you speak of at?

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I found Dan Fates TBD account everyone!!!!

😁

I agree, they need to spend at least 8 picks this year on players and get younger and use the other 3 to move around as needed.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

We are officially a team that is going to lose guys and receive comp picks every year thats really what good teams do. We have 11 picks this year to replenish the roster.

Next year we already have 7 draft picks and we are currently in line to receive two compensatory picks for next year as it sits right now. Means we currently sit at 9 picks for next year.

This is going to be a team that has to draft well and sign guys to one year contracts to rehabilitate and let them go for more picks. Its what the Patriots did for years when they had Tom Brady.

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Mmmhmm. 

Owner said not this year Beane.

Well paying out massive sums out of his pocket hasn't paid off so far.

At some point he has to say no.  Beane needs to hit on draft picks big time and start winning with those.

• Like (+1) 1