I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

What a stupid, idiotic, outdated, nonsensical idea!

It should be year round so it's not getting dark when I get home from work

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

I was flying back on Saturday night from the west coast to the east coast on a 5 pm flight. The flight got delayed. Then you add the hour for daylight savings!! Went to sleep at 4:30 am! 

Every damn year I hear this is going to be the last time for turning back and or forward the clock and I actually used to believe it at one point!

I fully prepared myself this weekend to wake up for work Monday feeling as grumpy as I did the morning after the Chiefs loss.  

Edited by Another Fan

1 hour ago, Pete said:

So you're in favor of the sun rising at 4:00 AM and setting at 8:00 PM in the summer?

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Tuco said:

So you're in favor of the sun rising at 4:00 AM and setting at 8:00 PM in the summer?

Staying up late is bad for health. We tried full time DST in 1970, failed miserably. 

Yes. Because it's healthier. I don't want the sun to rise at 0930 in winter because that's really bad for your health.

No energy savings and nothing but health risks like obesity, diabetes, etc...

The science has spoken:

https://www.livescience.com/health/sleep/the-case-against-daylight-saving-from-a-neurologist-and-sleep-expert

https://time.com/6899121/daylight-savings-time-internal-clocks-essay/

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Every damn year I hear this is going to be the last time for turning back and or forward the clock and I actually used to believe it at one point!

I fully prepared myself this weekend to wake up for work Monday feeling as grumpy as I did the morning after the Chiefs loss.  

Hopefully come November it's the last time we fall back.  Fall back and stay there. The stats, experts don't lie. DST is killing us.

There's a reason why "standard time" exists. 

Morning light is more important for our bodies.

https://www.colorado.edu/today/2022/03/28/why-permanent-daylight-saving-time-bad-idea

• Like (+1) 2

Shortening standard time to ~4 months under GWB was a half measure. 

Make DST permanent! Afternoon sun in the winter rather than at 6am. Keeping standard time and/or continuing to change the clocks increases energy use / consumption.

2 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Move to Arizona

Hate it break it to you sunshine. Changing the clocks is probably the best compromise. 

20 States want permanent Standard Time.

22 States want permanent DST.

The States that want permanent DST should kick more money into the health system.  DST causes more damage. 

1 hour ago, Punching Bag said:

There are some states you can move to without DST.

Or we just let every State pick what they want. Right now it's almost 50/50.

How well will that go? 😆 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was flying back on Saturday night from the west coast to the east coast on a 5 pm flight. The flight got delayed. Then you add the hour for daylight savings!! Went to sleep at 4:30 am! 

Last (Saturday) night, I flew to the pacific time zone from Eastern time at 7pm. Daylight savings after arrival, then drove back east into Mountain time this morning. My body clock is way off