Bills Re-Sign Quinten Morris

59 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

QB, LB & TE room are done.

Likely need 1 more linebacker with Dodson and matekovich gone. Likely a late rounder or cheap vet that has strong special teams ability. 

24 minutes ago, Westside said:

If the first two TE's get injured.

I noticed him when Kincaid was out against the Giants and Q caught a tough go-ahead touchdown pass late in the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Like Morris fine enough as TE3. In the next year or two they should draft a day three guy with traits to ensure the pipeline has at least some cheap young talent. 

Unlike some posters I've read on this thread, I value Gilliam as an occasional contributor at FB/H-Back and a stalwart on STs. He's not a stiff. Could easily age/price himself out any day now, but until such time, he offers more actual position value than another STs guy like Matekevich, or Taiwan Jones, did. Bills finally shrinking their STs-only portion of the cap allotment. I'm fine with Gilliam sticking around. Or not, I guess, if they deem necessary. 

5 hours ago, khlax3 said:

Likely need 1 more linebacker with Dodson and matekovich gone. Likely a late rounder or cheap vet that has strong special teams ability. 

Tyler Matakevich (big red) is still on Bills roster according to Bills.   Have you seen otherwise?  Checked twitter and usual sources.

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

That's a lot of speculation.

Have you been watching the team the last two years? We lost our entire DB field AND LB’s! There’s a pattern developing. Knox has a history of injuries and with the expected increase in production equals more opportunities for Kincaid to get injured. The thought of Morris having to start is scary, way too short and limited physically because of that. 
Besides, it’s just my opinion. I’m not saying it will happen. I’d rather invest in a later round TE in the draft. Maybe Morris is a great special teams player, I don’t know, though I’ve never noticed him before there.

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

TE room is now locked in. He's a pretty good #3 TE. Versatile. Will update with contract when available.

Another way to look at this is that Kincaid is a TE in name only.  Morris is somewhat the #2.  From the team’s standpoint, Kincaid is the slot receiver.  Gabe leaves and Shakir is a starting outside WR.  That being said, I didn’t like how Kincaid was being us3d at the start of the season.  Many of his receptions were at the sideline, short of the first down marker.  I don’t think you want to do that with a large guy like Kincaid.  You should run those patterns with a quick, elusive guy that has a better chance of maneuvering for the 1st down.

As most on this board, I would like the team to get a WR in the first round.  However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t.  It could be because of the WRs available vs what’s available at other positions of need.   It could also be that they don’t see the WR position being as much of a need as some of us do.  If they are going to emphasize the running game, they won’t likely pass as much, thus reducing the need for a top WR in this draft.

2 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Tyler Matakevich (big red) is still on Bills roster according to Bills.   Have you seen otherwise?  Checked twitter and usual sources.

He counts against their cap (667k) due to a void year but he's a free agent.  I have no clue what their plans are for him.

15 hours ago, Beast said:

I like Morris. He can get down the field and make a catch or two if needed.

He's always showed that he has good hands in the passing game & he's willing to do what ever it takes to help the team good player that has the Bills DNA !! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He counts against their cap (667k) due to a void year but he's a free agent.  I have no clue what their plans are for him.

I thought the Bills 'Billy Battsed' him.  Check down around Angelica, NY.

12 hours ago, Westside said:

If the first two TE's get injured.

I’m not even sure his contract size, can’t imagine it being much but it probably more then some others options. Considering they are strapped for cash any money on a 3rd string TE is kind of a waste. Just like it is signing Trubisky. You hope he never sees the field and that’s what Beane is wasting money on. 

6 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Another way to look at this is that Kincaid is a TE in name only.  Morris is somewhat the #2.  From the team’s standpoint, Kincaid is the slot receiver.  Gabe leaves and Shakir is a starting outside WR.  That being said, I didn’t like how Kincaid was being us3d at the start of the season.  Many of his receptions were at the sideline, short of the first down marker.  I don’t think you want to do that with a large guy like Kincaid.  You should run those patterns with a quick, elusive guy that has a better chance of maneuvering for the 1st down.

As most on this board, I would like the team to get a WR in the first round.  However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t.  It could be because of the WRs available vs what’s available at other positions of need.   It could also be that they don’t see the WR position being as much of a need as some of us do.  If they are going to emphasize the running game, they won’t likely pass as much, thus reducing the need for a top WR in this draft.

If the Bills view Shakir as their starting outside WR opposite Diggs, they deserve all the smoke they get when that shows to be a struggle. 

Shakir is a very promising slot receiver with some outside flex.   He is NOT a primary outside WR.