Bills needs after recent moves

khlax3

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

WR all day.  Depending how the top 15 picks go, I’d target Seattle at 16 in a potential trade up for Odunze or Brian Thomas Jr

A smaller trade up to 23-25 for Worthy, Mitchell or Legette

I would def trade up for Odunze or Thomas. I think we can stay at 28 to get Mitchell or Legette.  Worthy scares me being so light at 6’3”.  

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Pretty sure he wasn’t 6’1”

edit: just looked it up he was measured at 6’1”. My bad 

All good. I originally posted he was 5'10" before I edited it.🤣

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

2 words- game changer! 👍

🤣

2 letters- I R

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

All good. I originally posted he was 5'10" before I edited it.🤣

🤣

2 letters- I R

Like never ending IR from this kid. That’s what see in his future. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Maybe not, but we've all seen this movie at least twice. 

I wouldn’t doubt if he wasn’t constantly hurt/injured. But if I had to bet on it right now, I’d be putting my money on it that he will have an injury riddled career. 

3 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Do not be surprised if DeJean is who they covet. Just a hunch…and flame away. 

Don't like the idea in round one AT ALL, but absolutely see DeJean as a more talented/touted comp for Hyde. Versatile, athletic, productive, Iowa. What used to be seen as a tweener...now seen as a secondary asset. So we could reasonably assume McD is salivating. 

10 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Simmons

Byard

Gilmore

Clowney

Shaq Barret

Danielle Hunter

Chris Jones

Christian Wilkins

DJ Reader

Leonard Williams

Derrick Henry

Jerrick McKinnon

Sutton

Jeudy

Mooney

Hollywood Brown

Curtis Samuel

Pick 2 of the above

Fill the rest of the roster with board members

this was MY IDEA. MINE!!!!!😂

Seriously. Bidding War.  Either way helps us

Give me Wilkens and Hunter make it happen push there salaries to future yrs just like we did with Von. 

Dline

DE Hunter

DT Wilkens

DT Oliver

DE Groot 

Von comes in on pass rushing downs this yr and next we get out from his deal. 

This line with the LBers we have would be arguably the best front 7 in the NFL. Then u have the secondary with Douglas , Benford and Taron that's damn good as well with Rapp and a veteran free agent free safety for cheap. 

Now with the draft go get 2 WRs in first 3 rds with a safety drafted as well. This way we keep the cap in good shape for future seasons with cheap talent at Wr. With the rest of the draft go BPA no matter the position that also helps the bottom half of the roster with cheap cost control role players. The days of paying backups with this team should be long gone especially since Beane strength in the draft is the mid to late rds there's no reason for us to spend on bkup dlineman or any other position. Basically the Bills need to consolidate pay difference makers and let the rest go. The Chiefs have done this and it's worked out great for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Worthy should be no where near our board for a trade up, or even at 28.  Do people realize he is 6'1 but only weighs 164 pounds?  What is going to happen to him when its snowing in Buffalo in the post season?  He cant block, he isn't physical, and his frame is going to have a hard time holding up to 17 game seasons.

There are literally guys who are big, with WR1 traits all running low 4.4 or sub 4.4 forty times...we need one of them, not a skinny guy who might get blown off his routes by the wind in Buffalo lol.

Nothing against Worhty, he makes a lot of sense for a team like Dallas.  But if we trade up for someone, it better be a top end WR1 type prospect.  Worthy doesn't have the frame for that kind of volume and work on all 3 levels of the defense.  He is better suited for a dome team like Dallas opposite a legit WR1 IMHO.  

Are u old enough to have watched Don Beebe play for the Bills. He was small and lightning fast and the wind never blew him away unless it was at his back and made him faster, 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Worthy should be no where near our board for a trade up, or even at 28.  Do people realize he is 6'1 but only weighs 164 pounds?  What is going to happen to him when its snowing in Buffalo in the post season?  He cant block, he isn't physical, and his frame is going to have a hard time holding up to 17 game seasons.

There are literally guys who are big, with WR1 traits all running low 4.4 or sub 4.4 forty times...we need one of them, not a skinny guy who might get blown off his routes by the wind in Buffalo lol.

Nothing against Worhty, he makes a lot of sense for a team like Dallas.  But if we trade up for someone, it better be a top end WR1 type prospect.  Worthy doesn't have the frame for that kind of volume and work on all 3 levels of the defense.  He is better suited for a dome team like Dallas opposite a legit WR1 IMHO.  

He only measures 5'11 at the Combine. The 6'1 was a pipe dream. 

Agree with the rest though. Worthy has always to me been a perfect pick for a team looking for a playmaker to compliment a true #1 outside receiver. And I do think the Cowboys likely would be interested.... although the risk there is he ends up competing for the same snaps as Lamb who isn't a true outside guy himself he is more a move receiver you use at all spots to generate matchups. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Simmons

Byard

Gilmore

Clowney

Shaq Barret

Danielle Hunter

Chris Jones

Christian Wilkins

DJ Reader

Leonard Williams

Derrick Henry

Jerrick McKinnon

Sutton

Jeudy

Mooney

Hollywood Brown

Curtis Samuel

Pick 2 of the above

Fill the rest of the roster with board members

this was MY IDEA. MINE!!!!!😂

Seriously. Bidding War.  Either way helps us

I keep seeing Chris Jones mentioned here. If KC, a team in a much better cap situation, can’t afford to keep him (despite clearly viewing it as a priority), how would the Bills be able to? 

I think it’s a moot point though. Sounds like he’s very close to a deal. 

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I make this point identical point EVERY year! 

It’s Buffalo and you HAVE to play in the cold, in the wind, in the snow, in the sleet, from November through January!

NEVER, EVER GET UNDERSIZED SMURFS!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Love to hear how you came up with these numbers other than wishful thinking?  TE none, yet they carried 3 all season and now only have two plus one ERFA  At WR they have 4 signed, Shakir, Diggs, Shorter, and Sherfield 5 if you count Isabella and all they ever carried was 5.  But yet you state they need 3 to 4 more!!  2 at RB is about right, will give you that one.

Saftey- we only have Rapp and Hamlin they usually carry 4-5 safeties. Hamlin is not a lock to make the roster

CB- we lost Neal, white, Jackson they will have to add at least 1-2 if not more

LB- we lost Dodson, and matekovich. They will bring in at least 1 LB maybe 2 if one is a core special teamer

DT and DE- we usually carry 10 right now we have 4 on the roster and Kingsley Jonothan is not a lock at all as he barely played last year.

TE- i highly doubt they spend any resources here. Cap space or draft picks. You have Knox Kincaid and Morris who is a core special teamer and has been with the team several years. As a ERFA he can’t play for another team unless the Bills release him. ERFA are paid a minimum salary and he is one of the few core special teamer we have left on the team he will be back. They also have 2 other guys on future deals that were with the practice squad last year.

RB- they always carry 3 and have 1 right now. I would expect probably a vet and late round rookie

WR- They usually carry 5 but possibly will Carry 6 if one is a special teamer.  Shorter has never played a snap and even tho Harty ans Sherfield we’re not great last year he never stuck on the roster or played much when he was called up. I don’t think either one is a guarantee. Sherfield is also a FA. Right now the only 2 WR we know will be on the team are Diggs and Shakir. I would imagine 1 of hamler, Isabella, shorter makes the team and we add a minimum of 2 WR but more likely 3 -4 with one being a returner/special teams guy

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

I make this point identical point EVERY year! 

It’s Buffalo and you HAVE to play in the cold, in the wind, in the snow, in the sleet, from November through January!

NEVER, EVER GET UNDERSIZED SMURFS!

Plus, we usually have a game or two when the refs refuse to call interference and holding, and having small receivers really makes those types of games impossible.

1 hour ago, khlax3 said:

WR- They usually carry 5 but possibly will Carry 6 if one is a special teamer.  Shorter has never played a snap and even tho Harty ans Sherfield we’re not great last year he never stuck on the roster or played much when he was called up. I don’t think either one is a guarantee. Sherfield is also a FA. Right now the only 2 WR we know will be on the team are Diggs and Shakir. I would imagine 1 of hamler, Isabella, shorter makes the team and we add a minimum of 2 WR but more likely 3 -4 with one being a returner/special teams guy

You hear/read posts all the time and comments themselves from the Bills, the team needs to draft and develop players to stay out of salary cap problems.  But yet you're ready to give up on Shorter who was just drafted last year in 5th round.  Signing, drafting, and spending money on players that don't have a clear spot to make the roster is a waste and will keep you in cap trouble all the time. 

If Shorter is not on the team this year, that would be a big failure by the Bills in that they totally wasted a draft pick without ever giving him a chance to see what he can and can't do.  But I have faith in the team that they are smart enough to not do something that stupid and he will be on the roster this year.

Likely the Bills have room for  2 WR unless they want to waste more money.  Just glad you're not the GM, or maybe you're actually Russ Brandon posting with a new name as this sounds like something he'd have done!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You hear/read posts all the time and comments themselves from the Bills, the team needs to draft and develop players to stay out of salary cap problems.  But yet you're ready to give up on Shorter who was just drafted last year in 5th round.  Signing, drafting, and spending money on players that don't have a clear spot to make the roster is a waste and will keep you in cap trouble all the time. 

If Shorter is not on the team this year, that would be a big failure by the Bills in that they totally wasted a draft pick without ever giving him a chance to see what he can and can't do.  But I have faith in the team that they are smart enough to not do something that stupid and he will be on the roster this year. 

Sherfield has a cap hit of $1.7 mil to cut.  For a team that has limited money that means letting him go and losing $1.7 mil, plus add in the salary of the new guy you're going to bring in to take his place who supposedly will be better.  Say you sign a new guy for $2 mil, you're now committed $3.7mil to that roster spot and for a $2 mil salary, not a high likelihood the new guy will be any better?  So for those reasons, while I wouldn't guarantee it, but good chance Sherfield sticks around as he's on a rather cash strapped team so it's hard to justify letting him go and actually improving much..

Likely the Bills have room for 1 to 2 WR unless they want to waste more money.  Just glad you're not the GM, or maybe you're actually Russ Brandon posting with a new name as this sounds like something he'd have done!

You should be glad none of us are the GM. Otherwise we would have passed in Mahomes and Allen in back to back years to take the “Right Josh” 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Sherfield has a cap hit of $1.7 mil to cut.  For a team that has limited money that means letting him go and losing $1.7 mil, plus add in the salary of the new guy you're going to bring in to take his place who supposedly will be better.  Say you sign a new guy for $2 mil, you're now committed $3.7mil to that roster spot and for a $2 mil salary, not a high likelihood the new guy will be any better?  So for those reasons, while I wouldn't guarantee it, but good chance Sherfield sticks around as he's on a rather cash strapped team so it's hard to justify letting him go and actually improving much..

Likely the Bills have room for 1 to 2 WR unless they want to waste more money.  Just glad you're not the GM, or maybe you're actually Russ Brandon posting with a new name as this sounds like something he'd have done!

Sherfield is a free agent. He costs nothing to cut.