Bills needs after recent moves

khlax3

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Don't like the idea in round one AT ALL, but absolutely see DeJean as a more talented/touted comp for Hyde. Versatile, athletic, productive, Iowa. What used to be seen as a tweener...now seen as a secondary asset. So we could reasonably assume McD is salivating. 

How about this?   With the 28th pick in the 2024 draft, The Buffalo Bills select....Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo!

• Vomit 2

39 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You hear/read posts all the time and comments themselves from the Bills, the team needs to draft and develop players to stay out of salary cap problems.  But yet you're ready to give up on Shorter who was just drafted last year in 5th round.  Signing, drafting, and spending money on players that don't have a clear spot to make the roster is a waste and will keep you in cap trouble all the time. 

If Shorter is not on the team this year, that would be a big failure by the Bills in that they totally wasted a draft pick without ever giving him a chance to see what he can and can't do.  But I have faith in the team that they are smart enough to not do something that stupid and he will be on the roster this year.

Likely the Bills have room for  2 WR unless they want to waste more money.  Just glad you're not the GM, or maybe you're actually Russ Brandon posting with a new name as this sounds like something he'd have done!

Shorter is a late round gamble who has underperformed at both penn st and Florida. He has limited special teams experience which is going to be something he must do as a 4th or 5th wr on the team. If he wasn’t on IR last year he was probably a 50-50 shot to make the team. Once he was eligible to return off IR and his window was activated they never dressed him. I hope he works out but I’m surely brining in multiple receivers to compete with him 

16 minutes ago, nosejob said:

How about this?   With the 28th pick in the 2024 draft, The Buffalo Bills select....Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo!

If he is there at #28 he is the BPA by a distance IMO. You either pick him or trade back so that someone else can. You don't leave him on the board to reach for a prospect a tier lower just because you have a positional need. 

Just now, khlax3 said:

Shorter is a late round gamble who has underperformed at both penn st and Florida. He has limited special teams experience which is going to be something he must do as a 4th or 5th wr on the team. If he wasn’t on IR last year he was probably a 50-50 shot to make the team. Once he was eligible to return off IR and his window was activated they never dressed him. I hope he works out but I’m surely brining in multiple receivers to compete with him 

Actually they didn't just fail to dress him, they never activated him. His 3 week window opened in which you can practice but by the end of that window you have to be activated back to the 53 and they didn't. That can be one of two reasons 1. they didn't think he improved the roster; 2. He had an injury setback. 

He has a shot this year to win a job as a gunner. Neal gone, Lewis currently not on the roster too.... we have a major hole there.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If he is there at #28 he is the BPA by a distance IMO. You either pick him or trade back so that someone else can. You don't leave him on the board to reach for a prospect a tier lower just because you have a positional need. 

I think that kid's gonna be an immediate stud.

• Agree 1

I'm not convinced at all that the Bills will go with a guard playing center.  They might draft one but I think it's more likely they'll sign a FA.  Or that Morse comes back for a lower salary.  

13 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I'm not convinced at all that the Bills will go with a guard playing center.  They might draft one but I think it's more likely they'll sign a FA.  Or that Morse comes back for a lower salary.  

Or they've seen enough from Alec A to believe he can play C either as starter or behind McGovern to see how that goes 

5 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Are u old enough to have watched Don Beebe play for the Bills. He was small and lightning fast and the wind never blew him away unless it was at his back and made him faster, 😂

Yes and Beebee wasn’t a WR1 either :nana:

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Actually they didn't just fail to dress him, they never activated him. His 3 week window opened in which you can practice but by the end of that window you have to be activated back to the 53 and they didn't. That can be one of two reasons 1. they didn't think he improved the roster; 2. He had an injury setback. 

He has a shot this year to win a job as a gunner. Neal gone, Lewis currently not on the roster too.... we have a major hole there.

It was discussed on OBL  that they most likely kept him to IR for the end rather than poached from P.S and definitely weren't gonna waive him. He'll make the 53.

Shavers may as well. ya never know

Edited by nosejob

1 minute ago, nosejob said:

It was discussed on OBL  that they most likely kept him to IR for the end rather than poached from P.S and definitely weren't gonna waive him. He'll make the 53.

I still want to see some real investment into the position.  It feels like we've got a lot of lotto tickets with Shorter, KJ Hamler, Andy Isabella, etc... If one of them hits, awesome, but I don't want to bank on it. 

3 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Yea the oddity there is why open his practice window if they just intended to let him revert to IR at the end of it? To trigger his window there had to be at least some thought that they might activate him to the 53 at some point. Otherwise they could have just left him on IR all year, not triggered the window and it would not have led to him being poachable. My guess has always been he had a little niggling setback in his 3 week practice window so they decided to shut him down, but it is possible that they intended to activate him and then injuries at other positions meant they suddenly needed the roster spots elsewhere and therefore just let it lapse and revert to IR. 

I do think Shorter has a good shot to the 53. If he wins a gunner job he doesn't need to be more than a wildcard at WR he would be in. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I still want to see some real investment into the position.  It feels like we've got a lot of lotto tickets with Shorter, KJ Hamler, Andy Isabella, etc... If one of them hits, awesome, but I don't want to bank on it. 

Yeah, I'm all for drafting 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Frankly, I am gonna scream when Bean trades up in round 1 again.   One trick pony stuff.  Now, the Bills have a lot of day 3 picks this year.......so part w one maybe. But I think he out thinks himself a lot of the time.  He moved up for Kincaid, he moved up for Shikir  ok, he was right there.  But, Torrence fell to us in rnd 2, and no trade up for that winner.  There is good talent where the Bills pick, he just doesn't want to wait to see.  Maybe its position need that drives him, but, I am tired of that move.