Morse Released

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Any chance he’s brought back for much less of a cap hit?

that's an interesting question. I guess anything is possible?  *shrugs*

2 hours ago, Blank Stare said:

I think this McGovern to center thing is the exact type of thing you’d want out there if you’re the Bills and targeting a center in the draft. 

Personally I think it'll be Anderson and I'm good with that. The one position on line that was a bit light in the ass was Morse at C. Anderson fits the physical mode the Bills have been building their line with.

• Like (+1) 4

I think there’s a good chance that a couple of the top two/three centers will be available later in the second round.  Another young mauler next to Torrence would be nice to see.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, I'm just catching up on things. Daam, I liked Morse from a leadership/ person standpoint but I get the reasoning. I hope our next center is a real anchor up front, that the only knock I had against Morse.

A big thank you to Mitch for being an outstanding member of the Buffalo Bills. A class act though and through. Will be missed. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, f0neguy said:

I think there’s a good chance that a couple of the top two/three centers will be available later in the second round.  Another young mauler next to Torrence would be nice to see.

I am betting on a center in Round 3.

Joe Marino (on his podcast) gives a good breakdown on why the Bills may view McGovern better at C than he was at G. 

Hides his vulnerability in the run game and allows him to showcase his athleticism more. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Realist said:

Aging, concussion history, 8 million cap hit...not sure why so many are surprised at this one.

He was not old for a Center. In the 5 years he's been here he's played in 17,16,13,17, and 14 games. Pretty durable if you ask me. Is there some concussion history, yes. Draft and develop a guy, and than make your move. It's doing it without a replacement yet, that really sucks. And I'm sorry, as good as this regime has been, I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to the oline. It took them way too long to get it right in the 1st place, only to tear it down after 1 year. Passing on Humphrey, drafting Ford, trading teller. 

Edited by Allen2Moulds

They have to feel pretty good about McGovern at C.  I didn't think they would move on Morse till next season after this year's day 2 center draft pick has some reps, but if Connor has demonstrated he can do it the cap savings are great.  Dawkins has looked good with multiple guards next to him, not too concerned about them filling that gap.

I don't think McGovern was very good at guard. I hope they are not already determined to make him the starting center, he may not be good enough. Obviously there is a lot of time, draft, free agency, etc. until next season,  hoping they have a plan where McGovern is a backup.

13 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I don't think McGovern was very good at guard. I hope they are not already determined to make him the starting center, he may not be good enough. Obviously there is a lot of time, draft, free agency, etc. until next season,  hoping they have a plan where McGovern is a backup.

Not sure where you’re coming from with that McGovern was excellent at pass protection

He’s never gonna be a mauler in the run game

• Like (+1) 1

Biggest concern is we lose 5 captains, likely.  Hyde, Gabe, ,Po, Morse and Mactavitch , he might be re signed cheap though. 

Need guys like Dawkins, Oliver, Milano even though he's not a rah rah guy and maybe Douglas to step up their leadership as vets. 

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Joe Marino (on his podcast) gives a good breakdown on why the Bills may view McGovern better at C than he was at G. 

Hides his vulnerability in the run game and allows him to showcase his athleticism more. 

nice. then Edwards could slide right into LG and can groom a rookie or 2

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Biggest concern is we lose 5 captains, likely.  Hyde, Gabe, ,Po, Morse and Mactavitch , he might be re signed cheap though. 

Need guys like Dawkins, Oliver, Milano even though he's not a rah rah guy and maybe Douglas to step up their leadership as vets. 

Douglas was a team captain for the Packers

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not sure where you’re coming from with that McGovern was excellent at pass protection

He’s never gonna be a mauler in the run game

Just not real confident he will be a good starting center.

If that's their plan, I hope I'm wrong.