Anyone know why Floyd has $4 million in dead money from us?

I am not a fan of the Void Year.

I understand Beane was trying to get a SB worthy roster put together, but it just comes back to haunt you if you don't make it and win it.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, boater said:

Don't worry about the Cap details. The brightest minds here will assure you that the Cap isn't real.

The cap is real but it’s very fluid. There will be a day where you have to eat it but that day will likely be after Allen retires. Until then we’ll keep pushing cap back.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The cap is real but it’s very fluid. There will be a day where you have to eat it but that day will likely be after Allen retires. Until then we’ll keep pushing cap back.

I wonder when that day will be. The day it all starts to hit home.

Hmmm. What a tough one!!

Yeah, probably after Allen retires.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They're eating it right now. Not pushing cap until the 2030s 😂😂

I also sometimes use TBD as a lazy search engine. 

Pro tip: instead of asking an easily searchable question (as you've done here), just start a topic with a flawed premise, like "The Bills shouldn't have cut Floyd given his 2024 dead cap hit" or some such bait. That oughta reel in the corrections right quick. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, boater said:

Don't worry about the Cap details. The brightest minds here will assure you that the Cap isn't real.

It's very funny that you say this in a topic about adding on extra fake years to add on extra fake money lmao.

7 hours ago, boater said:

It's only real on March 13th.

Then it's fake again for 364 more days.

2 hours ago, QCity said:

They're eating it right now. Not pushing cap until the 2030s 😂😂

This is nothing. I’m really talking about the bigger deals, especially Allen who will clears tens of millions off the cap from restructures every year until he retires. Then we’ll have to eat it for a year.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

10 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I understand Beane was trying to get a SB worthy roster put together, but it just comes back to haunt you if you don't make it and win it.

I don’t think Beane likes them either, that’s partially why Morse, Poker and White were all cut rather then extended with void years.

11 hours ago, ddaryl said:

All teams do this
And honestly look at where we’re at right now we’re sitting at what 10 million over the cap without even restructuring Josh Allen’s deal

beans Got it

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is nothing. I’m really talking about the bigger deals, especially Allen who will clears tens of millions off the cap from restructures every year until he retires. Then we’ll have to eat it for a year.

What? The bigger deals? "You're playing homer math here.

19 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Same thing applies to running fake punts with your backup safety. 

• Haha (+1) 1