NFL Scouting Combine 2024

KingBoots8

6 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Turns out it was a hip flexor, and he will participate at the pro day in April. 

That's a relief, I popped/pulled my groin in college (not in a fun way). I was out for a couple months... it sucks, and it always felt like it could happen at any time again.

Posted (edited)

They just discussed Robert Saleh is not present currently at the combine but will be flying in tomorrow to watch the remaining players. Seems strange to me, but then again this is the Jets we are talking about…

So all he is going to be seeing will be QBs, RBs, WRs and OL Players.

Also stated the Giants are a team that could potentially make a jump from 6 to get a QB possibly

Edited by KingBoots8

14 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

They just discussed Robert Saleh is not present currently at the combine but will be flying in tomorrow to watch the remaining players. Seems strange to me, but then again this is the Jets we are talking about…

So all he is going to be seeing will be QBs, RBs, WRs and OL Players.

Also stated the Giants are a team that could potentially make a jump from 6 to get a QB possibly

Robert Saleh is a poser.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Some quick thoughts over the past couple minutes:

- Damn. Javon Bullard ran a 4.47. I was hoping he'd run a little slower.

- On the flip side, Kam Kitchens just ran a 4.65.

- Tyler Owens may not believe in Outer Space, but I bet he believes in that hammy he just pulled on his first 40 run. Between his ridiculous quotes and now this, his agent must be thrilled with his Combine 😆

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Safety 40 Times:

Deijahn Anthony: 4.56, 4.58

Cole Bishop: 4.45, 4.49 

Millard Bradford: 4.47, 4.42

Javon Bullard: 4.47, X (self-stop), 4.48

Calen Bullock: 4.49, 4.54

Jaylon Carlies: 4.5, 4.54

Dominique Hampton: 4.51, 4.54

Jaylen Key: 4.6, 4.64

Kamren Kinchens: 4.65, 4.68

Kitan Oladapo: 4.58, 4.6

Taylor Owens: X (groin injury, stopped mid-run. Done for day per reports)

Josh Proctor: 4.6, 4.56

Demani Richardson: 4.6, 4.61

Andre Sam: 4.59, 4.62

Jaylin Simpson: 4.47, 4.45

Tykee Smith: 4.48, 4.46

Dadrion Taylor-Demerson: 4.42, 4.41

Sione Vaki: 4.62, 4.62

Evan Williams: 4.61, 4.62

James Williams: 4.65, 4.67

Beane interviewing in 15 mins apx.

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Posted (edited)

During drills I’m seeing a LOT of safeties slipping on the turf. Not a knock on them, but I legit just saw 4 in a row have an issue breaking left

4 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I want Cole Bishop in the 2nd round

I wanted him in the 3rd but he probably won’t be there at pick 100 after today. Bishop looks really good and I was high on him before the draft. If we get to the 80s and he’s floating around I’d be willing to package a 5th and 6th to move if a team is willing to bite

Edited by KingBoots8

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Bishop, Bullard, and Tykee Smith were my favorites coming in, and they still are. 

Yep. I wasn’t sure about Smith but I think in the 4th he makes a lot of sense. Maybe 3rd but I’m not sold on taking him that early just yet

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Yep. I wasn’t sure about Smith but I think in the 4th he makes a lot of sense. Maybe 3rd but I’m not sold on taking him that early just yet

Right. If you want Bishop or Bullard, it's day 2 for certain. I'm hoping Smith is the day 3 option.

• Agree 1

Posted this in the "2024 WR Class" as I found it fitting, though it may be better fitted here.

Brandon Beane was just talking to Rich Eisen and Daniel Jeremiah at the Combine.

A lot of it was about the Drafting of Josh, Josh as a player, the Bills vs. The Chiefs, etc. But they ended with this:

Eisen: What are you willing to share - how do you think your Receiver room is going to look like?

Beane: Yeah, I mean listen, we always want to get better. I know everyone's (the media) always worried about Steph Diggs and all that - but Steph is here and we look forward to having him back next season and hopefully adding more players and more talent to him. We're always looking for more playmakers. Last year we Drafted a Tight End in Dalton Kincaid and people were like "why didn't you go get a Receiver"? We look at it more as we want mismatches and playmakers whether it's a Tight End, a Receiver, or a Running Back - whoever.

A couple things there:

- He seems to understand that everyone knows we're in the WR market and though he doesn't deny it, he always seems to throw in TE or RB. Downplaying the need for WR specifically and focusing on playmakers as a whole. Surely by design.

- He shut down the media notion of Diggs possibly being moved. Diggs is going to be here this year. End of story. 

- While I do think the mentioning of RB is probably simply mentioning other playmakers that aren't WR to not completely tip his hand - he has mentioned the position on multiple occasions now. Makes me wonder if he's thinking about it higher than I'd expect. Certainly not Round 1 or Round 2. But maybe higher than the Round 5-7 I think we'd all expect/prefer.

I think if a guy like Braelon Allen at a muscular, bruising 245 is available at the bottom of Round 3 or top of Round 4 - that may be something he considers in a move up from 4.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

I want Cole Bishop in the 2nd round

Free agency is LOADED with safeties every offseason.    Because even if they play up to expectations nobody wants to pay them.   Because they are easily replaced.    

Now add that to the fact that even prime All-Pro level Hyde and Poyer in 2020-2021 were helpless against Mahomes...........why would anyone want to use a high pick on a safety?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Bishop, Bullard, and Tykee Smith were my favorites coming in, and they still are. 

Yup those 3 and Cole Bullock and Tyler Nubin. Hopefully we walk out of the draft with one of these 5. All looked impressive today. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.