Ex-Bill Shareece Wright joins sex abuse lawsuit against his former high school

stuvian

From Wikipedia:

On May 1, 2017, Wright signed a one-year contract with the Buffalo Bills.[14] He played in 12 games with five starts, recording 44 tackles with five passes defensed and one interception.

But I don't remember him either. 2017 was the first McBeane year, and the year they finally made the playoffs.  Despite this meagre (but so welcome) success, the roster got overhauled, and I guess Wright wasn't part of their plans going forward.  He had a 4.43 time in the 40 which is marginally acceptable but not really good enough for a top team. 

The only memory I have of him is picking off Cutler at home and returning it for good yardage.  I'm pretty sure he recovered his own fumble on the return or maybe that was EJ Gaines.  Either way, these stories are too depressing for me to read.

On 2/24/2024 at 2:31 AM, WMDman said:

He was the starting nickel back McDs first year, started with tre his rookie year and ej Gaines 

Nah that was Leonard Johnson. Wright was here the same year but was mainly a backup. He played a bit outside when EJ missed some games. He might have played some nickel too.

6 hours ago, muppy said:

the amount of sexual perversion that goes on in the world is alarming and disturbing.

perps being held accountable upsets me ZERO. Needless to say.

If you were a dude who went to school in WNY up until 1970-something, there's a good chance you had to swim naked in swimming class. It was common.

My swim teacher gave me the creeps. Decades later I read in the paper that the school system settled three lawsuits where he sexually abused students. Those are the three we know about, how many went unreported?

In the military, one of the crew was diddling vulnerable very junior personnel. That rapist ended up in the brig.

It's disturbing for sure, especially when it hits close.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The only memory I have of him is picking off Cutler at home and returning it for good yardage.  I'm pretty sure he recovered his own fumble on the return or maybe that was EJ Gaines.  Either way, these stories are too depressing for me to read.

It was Wright.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/bills-cb-shareece-wright-picks-miami-quarterback-jay-cutler-19997622

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/24/2024 at 2:51 PM, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

He is most remembered for taking an Uber from Chicago to Buffalo to catch a voluntary offseason workout after his flight was canceled.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/07/nfl-player-shareece-wright-spends-932-on-uber-ride-to-reach-voluntary-practice.html

How the heck was that 7 years ago 😳 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/24/2024 at 2:51 PM, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

He is most remembered for taking an Uber from Chicago to Buffalo to catch a voluntary offseason workout after his flight was canceled.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/07/nfl-player-shareece-wright-spends-932-on-uber-ride-to-reach-voluntary-practice.html

He doesn't know how to drive a rental car? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.