So Spencer Brown what say you?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

We were ready to run him out on a rail, but then his name stopped getting called which is a good thing for an offensive lineman

Did we find our right tackle?

It depends, if he looking for top end money I say move on. If he looking for average money I could see him around another 4-5 seasons. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

100% and with more upside to tap into, it’s an exciting situation brewing.

If I’m Bean I try to lock him into a relatively cheap deal by starting RT standards right now. The price tag goes up drastically if he continues to improve.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I like Brown.  I don't have any problem with is play. I think he was unfairly maligned by some, who maybe had unrealistic expectations for him as a starting NFL tackle. He was given baptism by fire as a rookie, and in '22, playing through an injury (bad ankle?) Young and still learning, his play was adequate in '23 and should continue to improve and be a fixture on the line for a good while. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, julian said:

100% and with more upside to tap into, it’s an exciting situation brewing.

If I’m Bean I try to lock him into a relatively cheap deal by starting RT standards right now. The price tag goes up drastically if he continues to improve.

True enough, if he were to be signed to an extension now it certainly will be cheaper than waiting. He does appear to have gotten over his injured back and improved his play noticeably. But we all know that there will be a cohort here that will start whimpering immediately upon the contract being signed…, 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is what SUCKS about the modern NFL.

Brown had some shaky seasons but he’s always been a physical beast (he was probably the best offensive Bill vs the Cowboys, he was mauling them), and we stuck with him, developed him, and now he’s probably gonna get top 6 RT money by a team like the Texans and we are gonna lose him.

So yes, we have found our RT until next seasons, where he plays elsewhere.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is what SUCKS about the modern NFL.

Brown had some shaky seasons but he’s always been a physical beast (he was probably the best offensive Bill vs the Cowboys, he was mauling them), and we stuck with him, developed him, and now he’s probably gonna get top 6 RT money by a team like the Texans and we are gonna lose him.

So yes, we have found our RT until next seasons, where he plays elsewhere.

He strikes me as a Bills lifer  

30 minutes ago, Beast said:

Seems to be but my question is why does the title of this thread make no sense?

I was thinking it was a "Fill in the Blank."  

"Spencer Brown would say you..." 

In your case, definitely NOT a Dolphin fan.

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

He strikes me as a Bills lifer  

I would like to keep him, think it’s going to be about financially impossible. Tackle market is absurd. Jawaan got 4 for $80M. We don’t have that to throw around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.