Jump to content

Chiefs are just better than the Bills


Recommended Posts

Chiefs Defense steps up in the Playoffs.  Bills Defense does not.

 

Chiefs supporting cast around Mahomes steps up in the Playoffs.  Bills supporting cast around Allen does not.

 

Not just KC's HC is better than the Bills HC, their DC is a better DC than our HC.  

 

It is what it is. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Do you think the 49ers are a much better team than the Packers?

Packers biggest problem was playoff inexperience...

 

GB is a team to be reckoned with in the future... ugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone watch the trenches last night?....ya i know, everyone wants to watch the "pretty" plays, the QB, the RB's, the WR's, but did anyone actually watch the trenches? I did and i'll tell ya some things i noticed....

 

1) When the Niners were dictating and dominating the trench on O in the first half, they pressured Mahomo keeping him off-balance and forcing him to abandon some of KC's playcalling. They forced some sacks and kept Mahomo off his rhythm. KC could not generate anything on O in the 1st half. CM was steam rolling the KC D line, slicing up yardage.

 

2) The 2nd half was completely different. KC owned the trenches, which gave Mahomo the confidence to make plays. It also didn't help that the Niners abandoned the run, however, the KC D was stout in the 2nd half and limited CM to very little yardage.

 

My point being, we all know the game is won and lost in the trenches. We all know that if you can pressure Mahomo, you can throw him off his game. When was the last time we completely dominated the trenches in any game?.....Dallas, and that's about it. We moved the ball at will cause it all started in the trenches.

My other point being, our FO keeps telling the fans that they are building a team to compete with KC....and yes we can compete in the regular season, but in the playoffs, they own us. They outright own us. Did we get any pressure on Mahomo last game we played them?....nope, and he had all day to feel comfortable in the pocket and pick us apart.

 

If we can't own the trenches, we can't own the Lombardi.....simple as that.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hjnick said:

Packers biggest problem was playoff inexperience...

 

GB is a team to be reckoned with in the future... ugh.

They damn near beat the 49ers as the youngest team in the playoffs and damn well should have beaten them. And if they did, it doesn't make them the better team. The 49ers are better than them right now but nearly got beat by them in the playoffs. That's my point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, nucci said:

but we lost


No kidding!

 

Now, if you’re putting the blame squarely on the incompetent buffoon of a HC… as we should, well what then?

 

As long as we are outgunned in all the management positions, short of serious injury to Mahomes, the Bills aren’t winning against them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yes. But that doesn't mean you don't have the better team. It's about playing the best in the 3 hours of a playoff game of which we lost by 3 freaking points. We should have won both the 13 second game and this last playoff game. Everyone here is just seeing "loss to the Chiefs in the playoffs" and thinking they are the better team. If the Chiefs blew us out, I would agree with you all completely. A 3 point loss that could have been a win if Allen doesn't get hit throwing to Shakir to make it a possibility win and then all of a sudden we're better?

We are close but the chiefs are better. No need for the mental gymnastics. They have an all time great at HC, an Uber talented clutch QB who doesn’t make mistakes, and an opportunistic defense that makes the necessary plays when they NEED to be made.

 

 

This Chiefs team is a dynasty, built for sustained postseason success. We are built to beat bad/average qbs and we aren’t even doing that well (Zach Wilson, Daniel Jones, Mac Jones) 

 

We have all world Qb Josh Allen, an aging prima donna #1 WR who realistically should be WR2 moving forward. No outside Wr’s in the wings ready to step up and our GM has shown no ability to identify and acquire the talent necessary to unlock Josh under his new contract…. Idk I’m just kind of over believing this is the coach and GM to get us over the hump. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Anyone watch the trenches last night?....ya i know, everyone wants to watch the "pretty" plays, the QB, the RB's, the WR's, but did anyone actually watch the trenches? I did and i'll tell ya some things i noticed....

 

1) When the Niners were dictating and dominating the trench on O in the first half, they pressured Mahomo keeping him off-balance and forcing him to abandon some of KC's playcalling. They forced some sacks and kept Mahomo off his rhythm. KC could not generate anything on O in the 1st half. CM was steam rolling the KC D line, slicing up yardage.

 

2) The 2nd half was completely different. KC owned the trenches, which gave Mahomo the confidence to make plays. It also didn't help that the Niners abandoned the run, however, the KC D was stout in the 2nd half and limited CM to very little yardage.

 

My point being, we all know the game is won and lost in the trenches. We all know that if you can pressure Mahomo, you can throw him off his game. When was the last time we completely dominated the trenches in any game?.....Dallas, and that's about it. We moved the ball at will cause it all started in the trenches.

My other point being, our FO keeps telling the fans that they are building a team to compete with KC....and yes we can compete in the regular season, but in the playoffs, they own us. They outright own us. Did we get any pressure on Mahomo last game we played them?....nope, and he had all day to feel comfortable in the pocket and pick us apart.

 

If we can't own the trenches, we can't own the Lombardi.....simple as that.

Mahomo?  Good one.  Let us know how the rest of your 7th grade year works out.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Chiefs Defense steps up in the Playoffs.  Bills Defense does not.

 

Chiefs supporting cast around Mahomes steps up in the Playoffs.  Bills supporting cast around Allen does not.

 

Not just KC's HC is better than the Bills HC, their DC is a better DC than our HC.  

 

It is what it is. 

 

They never seem to have any injuries either.  People miss time during the season, and they were missing Thuney there at the end.  But Buffalo was missing

 

CB1 - Tre

CB2 - Benford

LB1 - Milano

LB2 - Bernard

LB4 - Spector 

WR2 - Davis

DT3 - Phillips

S3 - Rapp (used a decent amount in that dime package on 3rd and long - where we probably needed him more than ever with LBs out)

Hell, even the punter was hurt!

 

CB3 played with a knee

LB3 played with a shoulder injury

 

KC had pretty much the entire defense there at the end.  Thuney played against buffalo, but he would be the big loss in the super bowl.  And it was a challenge for them as pass pro was a bit of an issue in the first half.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

They damn near beat the 49ers as the youngest team in the playoffs and damn well should have beaten them. And if they did, it doesn't make them the better team. The 49ers are better than them right now but nearly got beat by them in the playoffs. That's my point. 

IMO, to think that Buffalo is better than the superbowl champions, who has won, what, 3?  Superbowl championships in the last 5 years... is a little foolhardy.

 

We have the tools in alot of spots, but KC just uses them better WHEN IT MATTERS!

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

13 seconds we shouldn't have lost. We were the better team that lost on a coaching blunder. This year, for the 3rd year in a row, we went into their house and beat them. If a couple plays go differently in the playoff game, we win. Plain and simple

I wish people would realize this undisputed fact. The regular season is not as important to the Chiefs.  They win enough to get in the playoffs then "flip the switch" like the Lakers used to do. The Bills are just the opposite.  The regular season is their plateau.  Once the playoffs and bright lights go on, they play tight just like their coach. Notice how KC's defense and most of their team are always healthy in January.  This is not a coincidence. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I wish people would realize this undisputed fact. The regular season is not as important to the Chiefs.  They win enough to get in the playoffs then "flip the switch" like the Lakers used to do. The Bills are just the opposite.  The regular season is their plateau.  Once the playoffs and bright lights go on, they play tight just like their coach. Notice how KC's defense and most of their team are always healthy in January.  This is not a coincidence. 

 

Mahomes' reaction to the loss to the Bills this season is proof that you are incorrect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The 2023 Chiefs were better than the 2023 Bills by a tiny bit.

 

If they played 10 games, they probably split 5-5.

…and that tiny bit is the difference between holding the Lombardi trophy today, and looking at a poster of it in the fieldhouse during the season. 

Edited by LabattBlue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hjnick said:

IMO, to think that Buffalo is better than the superbowl champions, who has won, what, 3?  Superbowl championships in the last 5 years... is a little foolhardy.

 

We have the tools in alot of spots, but KC just uses them better WHEN IT MATTERS!

If Allen hits Shakir and we win we're better? But because he didn't, we aren't? Do I have this right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Do you think the 49ers are a much better team than the Packers?

Frankly? No. The gap between teams isn't that big. Love is an emerging star. Inexperience and coaching were factors that day. Just like yesterday. And in the AFCCG and the Bills game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think we're better than them. We just don't play like it in the big moment in the playoffs. We can beat any team in the league when we don't beat ourselves 

 

The Chiefs have proven that they can also beat any team in the league when they don't beat themselves.  The past four games, they beat Miami, our Bills, Baltimore, and the 49ers.  It was a heck of a run.  

 

We're almost in the same league as the Chiefs.  Our games against them are usually close.  Yardage totals are close.  Wins over the past few years are almost even.  But they get their wins in the playoffs.  Until we get over that hump, they're the better team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Jesus Christ. just because we shoot ourselves in the foot doesn't mean we aren't better. Both 13 seconds and the playoff game against them this year would have been ours if a few plays go different. How many teams can say they went into Arrowhead 3 years straight and beat them? Not many

The OP clearly is speaking to the current roster.  Where do you disagree?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...