Another reason to fire McDermott

Watkins90

5 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

The Bills put far more of a premium on character and work ethic than the Chiefs do. Which is ironic when you consider some of the controversy we've had (araiza, miller, etc).

Every Chiefs game for the last 4-5 years I swear you'd think the offensive staff/players had never seen a single snap of film on Spags' defense.

Even in the biggest games at the highest level, he routinely makes these offenses look wildly unprepared for it. It's crazy. And it's even wilder to think he's already flamed out as a head coach, so chances are good he's not going anywhere any time soon either.

Yeah, unless they are an absolute POS I don’t see why you devoid yourself of upper echelon talent. If you’re as good a man in terms of character you’d be willing to assert a better figure in that persons life and give them a second chance. People make mistakes and after all this is just a business where winning is your measuring stick. 

To your Spags point, the guy was getting it nerfed all game with the motions and pre-snap checks where they showed their hand too early. San Fran stopped that and tried going 1 on 1… that 3rd down fail in OT they let Chris Jones just run on by scot free into the backfield for a pressure. That’s a 3rd down conversion if not a TD to Jennings on the out route. Sometimes people and teams just put coach themselves… SF certainly did that in a multitude of ways last night. Offensively and defensively. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

And we're 10 hours into the off-season...

offseason starts the moment the Bills have no game on their schedule.

Couldn't tell you who won the SB till this morning when I came to check on any Bills info

39 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Trey Lance says what's up.

Not close. 

Trading Mahomes to the Chiefs is the biggest reason we don’t have a title. It has actually cost us a title.

Trey Lance was a swing but it didn’t cost them nearly as much 

51 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, McD should be fired for trading the Mahomes pick even though Mahomes wouldn't have been as good in Buffalo as he is in KC. 

I'm betting if that scenario played out your stance would be that McDermott should be fired because his handpicked QB in Mahomes wasn't progressing as quickly as that Josh Allen guy in Kansas City that keeps winning Super Bowls and he should have waited a year for the QB.

Sounds like even in your hypothetical we know where the problem lies. It’s painful to watch other teams totally deflate in big moments to a chiefs team that honestly isn’t Super Bowl level. 9ers were the better team last night but Shanahan and Purdy went away from what was working and let the chiefs be the chiefs. They clawed back into it because they were allowed to do so.

I wholeheartedly know that McD is not the guy Josh needs to reach his promising potential as an all time great but it’s more about how lucky Mahomes is that he gets to have such great leadership in the chiefs organization from Owner, GM and of course Reid and Spagnola’s never wavering leadership and game management in these playoffs. McD is awful in the areas that matter most and will always find way to help his lackluster defense instead of putting his pride aside and giving the only reason we make the playoffs every year, Josh Allen, everything he needs to take us to the promised land. I hope one day we’ll get there but it sucks to go from the last couple years of knowing Josh Allen WILL make our Bills a consistent Super Bowl dynasty to now realizing Pegula is perfectly content with McD and even Beane selfishly handcuffing this organization to a different more enjoyable level of the drought years. 

Diggs realized this last year and I believe Josh knows it too but will never say it. I hope he can hold on another year and stay the rock we need until a change is finally done. He deserves better

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Not close. 

Trading Mahomes to the Chiefs is the biggest reason we don’t have a title. It has actually cost us a title.

the biggest reason is not supproting Josh Allen with better O players and following McDermott's D rotations that focused more resources on that side. Throw in McDs coaching blunders to boot.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Man with No Name said:

I read a lot of comments from 49ers fans talking about Shanahan like he is McDermott. I'm still in the McDermott is not good enough camp. What I'd like to know is who the 9ers fans think is going to be better than Shanny? 

Reid.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

This whole Chiefs dynasty falls on one man and one man only, in hindsight. 

Sean McDermott

He is the one who traded the pick to KC that they used to take Mahomes because he "hadn't had time to study the QB class" even though his owner wanted Mahomes. 

I literally felt like he should have been fired last night for making us all endure this. If Mahomes comes to Buffalo in 2017, he never turns into the QB he did. 

He isn't getting fired (and I am all for it) because Pegula is satisfied with us "just" being competitive.   If Terry was going to fire him,it would have been during the bye week or a couple days after the season.

He is here and that's that. We just have to accept the fact,and support our Bills.

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Not close. 

This is unbelievable nonsense. 

There are so many factors beyond one player for why we don’t have a Super Bowl. It’s impossible to boil it down to one trade that we made SEVEN YEARS AGO. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

This is unbelievable nonsense. 

There are so many factors beyond one player for why we don’t have a Super Bowl. It’s impossible to boil it down to one trade that we made SEVEN YEARS AGO. 

That’s what happens when you trade the GOAT of his generation to a team that knocks you out of the the playoffs almost every year. It’s quite simple to boil it down to that. 

We trade the Mahomes pick to the Cardinals or something and we probably have a ring. We definitely have an SB appearance.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I will never understand the fire McDermott people.

You won't? You just watch coaching win a super bowl, when the teams elite QB was lifeless for 3 Qtrs. You just saw the difference in real time.

With 3 minutes left in the 3rd, KC punted the ball for the 6th time in 9 drives, they'd only scored 6 points and Mahomes had thrown an awful INT. If Allen did that, do you think they'd be down 7, or 50?

55 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He is the one who traded the pick to KC that they used to take Mahomes because he "hadn't had time to study the QB class" even though his owner wanted Mahomes

I never knew that! What a ***** idiot! 

That was his mulligan for being his normal- unprepared self at critical times.

13 seconds?

NO MORE ***** MULLIGANS! 

A rube snatching defeat from the SB jaws of victory!

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I will never understand the fire McDermott people.

It's ok..as you have to try something different when what you have is not working (and you expect a different result).  What is not ok is not having a plan to replace McDermott.  

22 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Diggs realized this last year and I believe Josh knows it too but will never say it. I hope he can hold on another year and stay the rock we need until a change is finally done. He deserves better

Josh does know it! Of course,he does- like ALLof us! 

However, as you saw this week,Allen is not merely the face of the Bills.

He is now- like Mahomes, THE FACE OF THE NFL! He is everywhere,on every show.

So many Bills fans here, have never even thought about the absolute fact- Jack, that if that incompetent ‘13 second’… ‘12 men’ buffoon McClapper is not replaced asap… #17 is walking in FA.

He has now the money of Midas, so he burns ONLY to win a Lombardi. That will never be done under this hapless clown of a HC.

Boot his sorry arse immediately or regress into another decade or two in the wilderness.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s what happens when you trade the GOAT of his generation to a team that knocks you out of the the playoffs almost every year. It’s quite simple to boil it down to that. 

We trade the Mahomes pick to the Cardinals or something and we probably have a ring. We definitely have an SB appearance.

I mean if you really think about it, it's the Bears' fault for taking Trubisky instead of Mahomes at #2.

What a bunch of jack-wagons.

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

I mean if you really think about it, it's the Bears' fault for taking Trubisky instead of Mahomes at #2.

What a bunch of jack-wagons.

That’s true too. Unfortunately, we can only control what we do, and we gave a team with a HoF coach, loaded with weapons, the GOAT of the generation. 

It the curse of the Bambino - Bills edition.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

Sean McDermott

He is the one who traded the pick to KC that they used to take Mahomes because he "hadn't had time to study the QB class" even though his owner wanted Mahomes. 

I literally felt like he should have been fired last night for making us all endure this. If Mahomes comes to Buffalo in 2017, he never turns into the QB he did. 

not to mention, there is no “dynasty” without 13 seconds and this years last offensive drive meltdown

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not even close.  You take the swing FOR the QB.  And did it affect the Niners long-term?  Last night says what’s up.

Bills got Josh the next year so that can't be the worst trade ever.  Because the 49ers lucked into Purdy doesn't negate the fact that the Lance trade was terrible:  3 1sts and a 3rd to make that one 1st round pick for an absolute (predictable) bust. That's an awful decision, no matter what followed.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Not close. 

lol it "actually" has??

So Mahomes with this staff and roster wins multiple SBs....where Josh has not?  How about you swap  Joe Brady/Dorsey/Daboll  for Reid.

These takes are nuts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Sean McDermott

So why would we draft him? Maybe McDermott could sense your reservations back on Draft Night in 2017 and traded down.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.