ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery team up to launch sports "super-streamer"

Simon

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/espn-fox-warner-bros-discovery-streaming-sports-service/

By subscribing to this focused, all-in-one premier sports service, fans would have access to the linear sports networks including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV, as well as ESPN+.

Looks it's just the beginning of sports heading to streaming only. This is being launched in fall 2024, in time for the new NFL season 

• Vomit 2

8 minutes ago, Lost said:

We'll be cycling back to cable being cheaper than streaming in a few years.  

Or cable companies will forced to become the equivalent of internet service providers only and they'll get in bed with the streaming services...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I'll miss watching football, hockey and the NCAA tournament, but maybe in the bigger picture it will be a good thing to be able to sell my TV and spend even more time outside doing stuff.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I can see starting the next NFL season some 4pm games that are fox only available on the streaming app. As well as some Monday Night football games. Got get people buying this to watch sports. 

This is how these broadcast networks are ditching the middle man, the cable companies. But the consumers price won’t go down. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is how these broadcast networks are ditching the middle man, the cable companies. But the consumers price won’t go down. 

You had to know this was going to happen. They have to replace that cable revenue from somewhere. 

I for one love they heading towards a more streaming based world. I haven't had cable or satellite in years. Streaming is much more convenient. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

More than that, they getting around laws, regulations and taxes that are in place for cable tv

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yay, cable is back just double the price.

If you have Disney+  this will be free. But Disney+ will be $75 a month by then.

Actually said this to my son this past weekend & it’s not far from the truth.  Al la carte at 2x the price…

I’d love to be principled and just walk away from watching the NFL because of the rising costs but I’m too weak… but it might just actually end up being to expensive for me to actually afford and justify and I’ll be forced out as a viewing fan.

That will suck if that happens.

54 minutes ago, Lost said:

We'll be cycling back to cable being cheaper than streaming in a few years.  

Yep…..

I’ve said this before.

vable is a de facto consolidator or all the stations , satelittes do that too. Streaming will e rntually get thst way where a companies consolidate all the programming into one stop shop.

thr cost factor is if commercials/ sponsors subsidize the content or do consumers pay more for no commercials beyond live broadcasts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.