State of Mississippi demands repayment from Favre

stuvian

It’s really disappointing (to me) what a horrible human being we’re finding out that Favre is. 

Through his entire run with Green Bay, Favre was my favorite player in the NFL. 

From that point, he’s really put himself on display as an absolute piece of sh!t. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 18

Do anyone have a good article explaining what happened exactly here, that’s fair for each sides point of view? This one seems a bit biased and gives no idea as to Favres stance (I realize there have probably been articles ad nauseam).

Question I have, was this willfully accepting money knowing it was not for this by Favre? Is there plausible deniability?  It may not matter to the law but would change my view on how I look at Favre.

ESPN was one of the entities that were accused by Favre so they have a reason to paint this in a certain light. 

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It’s really disappointing (to me) what a horrible human being we’re finding out that Favre is. 

Through his entire run with Green Bay, Favre was my favorite player in the NFL. 

From that point, he’s really put himself on display as an absolute piece of sh!t. 

It sucks doesn't it?  I liked him a ton too and it's kind of a kick in the nuts he turned out to be this way.  But he is human, and was a pro athlete, which means we kind of build an image of what we think they are. 

Sometimes we are right ( see Payton Manning, Barry Sanders etal.) And sometimes we are wrong  like with Favre. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Do anyone have a good article explaining what happened exactly here, that’s fair for each sides point of view? This one seems a bit biased and gives no idea as to Favres stance (I realize there have probably been articles ad nauseam).

Question I have, was this willfully accepting money knowing it was not for this by Favre? Is there plausible deniability?  It may not matter to the law but would change my view on how I look at Favre.

ESPN was one of the entities that were accused by Favre so they have a reason to paint this in a certain light. 

When this news first broke, there were articles detailing that there were text exchanges between Favre and others that made it clear that he knew exactly what was going on. 

How he has never been charged is a mystery.  Well … kind of. Someone’s clearly on the take. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

To sum it up, he embezzled funds that were earmarked for people in need. No nice way to spin it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 9

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

To sum it up, he embezzled funds that were earmarked for people in need. No nice way to spin it.

If only if he had taken welfare money to build a new stadium!!

Anyway, it's the height of hypocrisy for the State of Mississippi (the poorest state and one of the 3 least educated) to be going after "welfare money" when the same government spends 14 million a year for just 3 of their public college football coaches.

• Like (+1) 10

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If only if he had taken welfare money to build a new stadium!!

Anyway, it's the height of hypocrisy for the State of Mississippi (the poorest state and one of the 3 least educated) to be going after "welfare money" when the same government spends 14 million a year for just 3 of their public college football coaches.

That's the way they roll down there, and why I'm not having ANYTHING to do with that part of the South, period.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Maybe this will tell you what you need to see/hear.

https://mississippitoday.org/2022/09/13/phil-bryant-brett-favre-welfare/
welfare-9.13.22-text_brett-nancy-8.3.17-

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I get that Favre was not being a great guy here, but why are the politicians not in jail? THEY are the one’s in charge of safeguarding the public funds, and they were clearly trying to get away with something.  Favre can ask, it’s their job to say no. EVERYBODY stinks in this deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

Favre was awesome to watch playing football, until Allen came along he was my favourite QB to watch play and now he’s 2nd.

I’m not hiring him to watch over my family’s billion dollar estate, so news of him being greasy with tax payers money has zero impact on me.

Government officials misappropriating funds… shocker.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

From a super bowl Winning QB to d-ck pics to stealing tax payers money, talk about a fall from grace, what a moron,

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

I get that Favre was not being a great guy here, but why are the politicians not in jail? THEY are the one’s in charge of safeguarding the public funds, and they were clearly trying to get away with something.  Favre can ask, it’s their job to say no. EVERYBODY stinks in this deal. 

agreed

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Maybe this will tell you what you need to see/hear.

https://mississippitoday.org/2022/09/13/phil-bryant-brett-favre-welfare/
welfare-9.13.22-text_brett-nancy-8.3.17-

Look at this, a person who actually responded with an article I can look at, rather than just "rolling eyes" emoji. Simply just asking those who have been following this if they can help a person who is not well versed in this subject to provide an article that is fair to both sides. I'll take a look and see if this holds mustard, but I appreciate your offering this article. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

with state government, it's not how much your asking to steal...it's what your stealing it for.  Personal use is a no no.  Use for your personal business to exponentially grow your asset value and therefore personal wealth----how much would you like??!

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It sucks doesn't it?  I liked him a ton too and it's kind of a kick in the nuts he turned out to be this way.  But he is human, and was a pro athlete, which means we kind of build an image of what we think they are. 

Sometimes we are right ( see Payton Manning, Barry Sanders etal.) And sometimes we are wrong  like with Favre. 

i have some news for you lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

I mean this in the nicest way, @HamSandwhich:   Google.

Seriously.  All sorts of info is out there.

For example:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2022/9/24/23368759/mississippi-welfare-fraud-scandal-brett-favre-reform

Asking people to give you a "good article" combined with the above "ESPN was one of the entities that were accused by Favre so they have a reason to paint this in a certain light" suggests that you are primed to accept only certain sources, so instead of asking to be fed so that you can reject what you're given as biased or as not good, why not just do your own research?

12 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Look at this, a person who actually responded with an article I can look at, rather than just "rolling eyes" emoji. Simply just asking those who have been following this if they can help a person who is not well versed in this subject to provide an article that is fair to both sides. I'll take a look and see if this holds mustard, but I appreciate your offering this article. 

Again - this is a strong hint that you are only looking for articles that read in a certain way or from certain sources you accept, so why not do your own research to find something you perceive as "fair" or "holding mustard" instead of demanding to be fed and chiding those who don't feed you?

Full disclosure I'm not rolling my eyes at you, but I rather understand why you're drawing that response.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

For example:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2022/9/24/23368759/mississippi-welfare-fraud-scandal-brett-favre-reform

Asking people to give you a "good article" combined with the above "ESPN was one of the entities that were accused by Favre so they have a reason to paint this in a certain light" suggests that you are primed to accept only certain sources, so instead of asking to be fed so that you can reject what you're given as biased or as not good, why not just do your own research?

Again - this is a strong hint that you are only looking for articles that read in a certain way or from certain sources you accept, so why not do your own research to find something you perceive as "fair" or "holding mustard" instead of demanding to be fed and chiding those who don't feed you?

I was specifically asking because there is TOO MUCH out there and a lot of it has it's own opinions. So I was asking if anyone thought there was an article that was fair that I could review. Does that make sense?

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

For example:

I'm primed not to just believe articles from places that were impacted by this scenario. Is that not fair? I would do that for any subject.

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Eyeroll 1

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

Just found this information

https://mississippitoday.org/2023/10/11/welfare-scandal-tate-reeves-sued-funding/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.