Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Uh, yeah, I gotta agree with the question mark. There was no reaction indicating it was Josh's fault. If there was, this board would never let it go.

After one of the deep ball drops in the playoffs Diggs did hold up his fingers in a "was just a little off" manner.

However, there was no context to know if he meant the THROW was a little off or he was "THIS CLOSE" to catching it. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

no

this was the gesture he made after he picked himself up

3W02h4.jpg

It hit him in the hands. If anything that's him saying "so close" in regards to the long ball pass and catch connecting.

No way he's saying that was Josh's fault. He knows it wasn't and took full accountability for it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

It hit him in the hands. If anything that's him saying "so close" in regards to the long ball pass and catch connecting.

No way he's saying that was Josh's fault. He knows it wasn't and took full accountability for it.

that would be your interpretation

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

34 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I want a week in Costa Rica.

And a pony.

I'm right there with you. Although I have rode a horse on the white sands of Antigua. I was too chicken to ride a horse bareback in the Caribbean Ocean. My wife did and she called it one of her greatest life experiences 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

FWIW a twitter account with 43.5k followers claims 

“Texans making a strong move to try to land Diggs from the Bills. Multiple draft picks”

I know the money makes a trade unlikely but it really feels like something is going on. 

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“Texans making a strong move to try to land Diggs from the Bills. Multiple draft picks”

A lot of followers means nothing. ECB gained a lot of followers. Anyone without any media credentials that goes out of their way to say "I had it first" (especially when they really didn't) is a clout chaser. Prob has a lot of followers for calling themselves CTESPN. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’m not sure I’m against this.  Clear some space and get some value.

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

I know the money makes a trade unlikely but it really feels like something is going on. 

I deleted my post because the account appears to be fake…but I agree. I’d give it a 25% chance he’s trade by tomorrow

1 minute ago, Aurelius said:

I’m not sure I’m against this.  Clear some space and get some value.

if it were the case, I’d do

Diggs, 128, Conditional 3rd in 2025

For Houston 42 & 59

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I deleted my post because the account appears to be fake…but I agree. I’d give it a 25% chance he’s trade by tomorrow

if it were the case, I’d do

Diggs, 128, Conditional 3rd in 2025

For Houston 42 & 59

Diggs, a mountain of dead cap, a 3rd, and a 4th for 2 2nd's? Pass.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That account is supposedly run by Antonio Brown and he appears to have reported Russ Wilson to Steelers way before anyone else

If that is true, i'd trust it even less. I wouldn't trust Antonio Brown telling me whether or not it's going to rain. And the idea that anyone in the NFL who makes decisions is telling Brown anything, when he's essentially persona non grata, is dubious at best.

Would also explain the CTESPN handle and taking credit for "having Fields to the Steelers first" when they said Fields to the Steelers doesn't make sense. Guys brain is mush.

29 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

no

3W02h4.jpg

you are really grasping at straws here.  How does this show He thought the pass was off?

36 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

no

3W02h4.jpg

I took that as meaning "I almost had it, I was THIS close" not "you were off, buddy".

33 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

OK, so obviously at best, it's something with multiple reasonable interpretations by us fans, so why is it a good basis for being down on the guy?

4 minutes ago, julian said:

Only his first tweets in Minnesota got him traded.. so there’s that

I don't think it was the tweets

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I took that as meaning "I almost had it, I was THIS close" not "you were off, buddy".

Or "that close to a big play, it was right there - let's keep the foot on the gas". 

Like anything else with him, there's a million different ways of looking at it. But if you've got an axe to grind, you're only going to look at it in the way that fits your narrative and ignore any other possibility.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm sure it was specifically the tweets.

We all know what happened.. why do people have to ba either all in on Diggs, or a conspiracy theorist who wants him gone.

I love Diggs the player, he’s been excellent and the Bills are better next year if he’s in the team. I can also acknowledge that he may not want to be in Buffalo and if that’s the case then so be it.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’m not a Stef white knight like most of the folks in here, but I actually didn’t have that come across to me like a shot at Allen or the pass or whatever. I took it as “this close.”

Imo, much worse was MVS indicating to Mahomes that a pass was slightly behind him after like single-handedly losing 3 games for the Chiefs 

14 minutes ago, julian said:

We all know what happened.. why do people have to ba either all in on Diggs, or a conspiracy theorist who wants him gone.

I love Diggs the player, he’s been excellent and the Bills are better next year if he’s in the team. I can also acknowledge that he may not want to be in Buffalo and if that’s the case then so be it.

I'm saying it had more to do with him being unhappy with the offensive scheme and the fit than it did "the tweets" specifically. Plus us offering a 1st Round pick. No GM trades a player based on cryptic tweets alone.

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Or "that close to a big play, it was right there - let's keep the foot on the gas". 

Like anything else with him, there's a million different ways of looking at it. But if you've got an axe to grind, you're only going to look at it in the way that fits your narrative and ignore any other possibility.

Honestly, do you think like Stef should be interpreted like any other player or do you think we should take his history and the way he exited Minnesota into account with our interpretations? 

I had been holding on to the thought a trade would sink us cap wise. Looking at the Overthecap website, a post June 1 trade is fairly simple to absorb. I hope Diggs is here, but all of this bull crap every off-season grows tiresome. And it could just be tiresome because of the media 🤡's and the people who run with it. Here are the figures below. 

Screenshot_20240316_212736_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Honestly, do you think like Stef should be interpreted like any other player or do you think we should take his history and the way he exited Minnesota into account with our interpretations? 

We have evidence of how he acts when he's unhappy on the field. This wasn't it. He also today took full responsibility for the very thing we're talking about. That's what I'm taking into account.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’m not a Stef white knight like most of the folks in here, but I actually didn’t have that come across to me like a shot at Allen or the pass or whatever. I took it as “this close.”

Imo, much worse was MVS indicating to Mahomes that a pass was slightly behind him after like single-handedly losing 3 games for the Chiefs 

the fact that this admittedly ambiguous gesture after yet another dismal postseason performance is like not even in the top5 reasons im down on Diggs should in itself be rationale enough

i mean how many times can you keep saying 'he didn't mean it like THAT' before you maybe reconsider your position

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm saying it had more to do with him being unhappy with the offensive scheme and the fit than it did "the tweets" specifically. Plus us offering a 1st Round pick. No GM trades a player based on cryptic tweets alone.

Of course your correct.. the tweet let the league know he was ok playing somewhere other than Minnesota.. Bean made the call.

It’s why it’s frustrating to lots of fans, Diggs listened to Bean in interviews say it was the tweet that led him to making the call.

I hope he’s here and is all in and has an excellent year, that’s what’s best for the team, if he doesn’t want to be in Buffalo I hope they ship him as long as the compensation is palatable.

It’s simple as that really.

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

I had been holding on to the thought a trade would sink us cap wise. Looking at the Overthecap website, a post June 1 trade is fairly simple to absorb. I hope Diggs is here, but all of this bull crap every off-season grows tiresome. And it could just be tiresome because of the media 🤡's and the people who run with it. Here are the figures below. 

Screenshot_20240316_212736_Chrome.jpg

So the dead hit if we tade him now is 31 mil, what about the next years?  We already have the 10 mil from Tre post June 1. There’s likely no reason we’d need to save more space this year post June 1. Especially if the future hits are the same or better

Edited by Warriorspikes51

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

So the dead hit if we tade him now is 31 mil, what about the next years?  We already have the 10 mil from Tre post June 1. There’s likely no reason we’d need to save more space this year post June 1. Especially if the future hits are the same or better

What are we going to get with the money saved after June 1st? The market is dry. And we're paying him 18.5m to trade him after 6/1.

You save essentially the same amount next season. What sense does it make to pay 18.5m for him this season to not be here when you can have him this year and save the same amount next season and use it when the market is full?

It's poor GM practices to do it this season any way you look at it. You don't pay 18.5m in guarantees for someone who isn't going to be here. There's no trade offer that will be made for Diggs that's worth paying that much and not having him here.

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The breakdown looks like hits of $8.85M for '24, the same in '25, the same in '26, and $4.54M in '27. It makes the hits much more manageable.

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

the fact that this admittedly ambiguous gesture after yet another dismal postseason performance is like not even in the top5 reasons im down on Diggs should in itself be rationale enough

i mean how many times can you keep saying 'he didn't mean it like THAT' before you maybe reconsider your position

Why is this picture the thing you’re willing to defend to the death? You are literally the only person who thinks it is Diggs blaming Allen. 

This crusade you’re on is really weird. Most of these posts of yours have been filled with so much conjecture and your personal feelings on it that you want taken as fact. We got it, you don’t like the guy and for some reason want him gone 

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Why is this picture the thing you’re willing to defend to the death? You are literally the only person who thinks it is Diggs blaming Allen. 

This crusade you’re on is really weird. Most of these posts of yours have been filled with so much conjecture and your personal feelings on it that you want taken as fact. We got it, you don’t like the guy and for some reason want him gone 

yes conjecture has no place in a thread titled 'Diggs cryptic comments'

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

The breakdown looks like hits of $8.85M for '24, the same in '25, the same in '26, and $4.54M in '27. It makes the hits much more manageable.

So the hits for future years are the same if he’s traded now (as in before his salary guarantees tomorrow)  as they would be post June 1?

IMO we won’t need the extra cap space post june 1. So Beane might be willing to absorb the hit now. An extra 3 mil for him not being on the team

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

So the hits for future years are the same if he’s traded now (as in before his salary guarantees tomorrow)  as they would be post June 1?

This is what it shows pre-June 1

Screenshot_20240316_220347_Chrome.jpg

Didn’t Dallas and Cleveland do a trade with Cooper that involved a partial dead cap hit transfer or am I recalling that wrong?  

Or maybe a deal could involve a reworked contract to lessen the hits? 

No idea how that works

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Didn’t Dallas and Cleveland do a trade with Cooper that involved a partial dead cap hit transfer or am I recalling that wrong?  

No idea how that works

I know you like this sort of thing, but trading Diggs is in no way the best possible outcome for the Bills. Even if he's dropped off, he's still likely at least a very good WR2 in talent. Do you think grabbing another first, somehow, and bringing in two rookie WRs is a good idea? Do you think that is what would happen? Because if McD sees two first round picks, I can almost guarantee you at least one of them is going to play on the D side of the ball.

If you lose Diggs from the WR room, you have created a large hole. The value of adding a WR early is replacing Davis, and at the same time adding a potential WR1 down the line. You don't want to ask the rookie to actually be the WR1, and you definitely don't want to bring in two rookies to replace both Diggs and Davis.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No idea how that works

No, the Browns just took on a massive contract for essentially nothing. The Cowboys traded for Cooper, overpaid him, and then no longer needed him at that price after drafting Lamb. There was no dead money because the Cowboys traded him before restructuring. Twice, the Brown used their massive cap space to absorb other teams mistakes but dead money was never in the equation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, julian said:

I personally feel like there is a serious problem with Allen and Diggs and it showed up on the final drive.  In previous years Allen in crunch time is looking for his man Diggs and Diggs was wide open right in front of him. I know it will cost a lot but we need to move on if there is a chemistry issue and Diggs did not close out the season or final 7-8 games looking like a true #1

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

IMO we won’t need the extra cap space post june 1. So Beane might be willing to absorb the hit now. An extra 3 mil for him not being on the team

No, if we trade him now, all of the amortized bonuses get added up and applied to this seasons cap

But then in future years, all his cap costs are gone

Apologies if I misunderstand what you're asking

• Like (+1) 1