Bills Receivers worst in drops in the NFL since Brady took over

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is obviously false. What are we even doing here? Again, he had ZERO dropped interceptions on the season. If defenders can catch his passes, his teammates that are paid to catch his passes can do it too.

It's crazy how many excuses fans come up with to avoid admitting that his pass catchers simply weren't very good this year. Shakir was probably the best of them over the course of the entire season, and that represents a huge failure by Beane.

Last year too. When they brought in Beasley and Brown late in the year I knew we were screwed.  Huge failure by the FO

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

we have a couple drop machines in Gabe, Knox, and Cook. plus, Diggs lost his mojo somehow.

Gabe most likely wont be here, and hopefully Kincaid gets a larger target share from Knox.

Knox AND Cook both need to get their hands/heads on straight.

All I know is I can count on Kincaid & Shakir. After that forget it. We need to draft 3 wrs out of 9 picks.  Probably the same in 25.

23 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

For not having much talent overall with horrible receivers, a failing GM, a McDummy for HC, a clown for ST Coach, this team is quite over achieving.  So you might as well enjoy it. 

An elite qb will do that. That's why when people start bagging on Josh it pisses me off.

• Agree 2

On 2/2/2024 at 3:29 AM, Ray Stonada said:

Shakir is money.

Diggs is money when his head is right. 

Kincaid is money.

Everyone else is gone except Knox. He’s probably not going to change at this point. 

Shorter and Isabella, I don’t know.

Agreed.  We need to keep Shakir at all costs, amd let both Sherfield and Harty go.  Draft two WR’s.  One in the 1st, and one in the 3rd.  TKe safeties in the 2nd and 4th rounds.  The rest doesn’t matter as it’s just depth so whatever Beane thinks.  

Save whatever $ we have to extend the solid players on the team.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:19 AM, bmur66 said:

Cook and Knox dropped some balls because they were thinking about their next move rather than focusing on catching the ball first. You could see it.

Have you ever broken your wrist?  I have. 

In contrasting opinion of Knox haters, my takeaway is Knox is even tougher than I thought.  Respect

Edited by Pete

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

That’s so true.  Don’t forget to look under the couch too.  🤪🏈🦬🏋️♀️

I have slit the dust cover on couches just to get stray loonies and toonies imprisoned therein.

"Two doe-lars is  two doe-lars."

• Haha (+1) 1

Cook is the most disappointing for me.

Gabe is whatever.. I don’t expect him back anyway. 

Cook was the best receiving back in the Draft and you’d think we’re throwing to a fullback half the time with his drops. 

On the flip side, he’s a 10x better actual RB than I ever thought he would be. 

Fix the drops and we’ve got a star.. if not, he’s a one contract back. 

• Agree 2

On 2/2/2024 at 1:46 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

It's hard to determine why this happened, but once Brady took over, Buffalo had:

21 drops

10.1% drop rate

Both worst in the NFL over that span

i wonder if this could mean, in part, that Josh was less accurate and/or the receivers’ routes weren’t as accurate— which could be a reflection of running new stuff? 

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i wonder if this could mean, in part, that Josh was less accurate and/or the receivers’ routes weren’t as accurate— which could be a reflection of running new stuff? 

I think it's that Brady implemented more down the field passes, which are harder to catch--and priority #1 in the draft is a field stretching WR who can track the ball and actually catch it--along with a complete shift in philosophy getting Diggs the ball behind the LOS on those bubble screens, which seemed kinda foreign to him and was where some of his drops were.

• Like (+1) 1

As much as I liked how Brady did, those bubble screens to Diggs behind the LOS made no sense to me.  Diggs has never been a "yards after catch" guy for the most part, and he's not built nor is he comfortable being essentially a running back in my view.  He is not always averse to contact but there are plenty of plays where he avoids it.  I'm guessing one or more drops on those screens was hearing the footsteps of the defenders.  I am all for trying new things, but I was never a fan of those bubble screens to Diggs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.