Joe Brady Officially Promoted as Bills OC!

KDIGGZ

49 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He earned the job IMHO.  Doesn't mean he has nothing to prove, because he still has a lot to prove.  But he took someone else's offense and did enough with that to help this team go from 11th place and out of the playoffs to division winner and #2 seed.  

Unfortunately for Joe, he got the job in a season where the coaching staff as a whole is on a hot seat.  

Great call btw on the bills running the table to finish the season. You were given a lot of flack in that thread but you deserve your flowers. 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

That's not great, seeing as the analytics on Dorsey for his part of 2023 were better than Brady's portion of 2023.

Don't take my word for it, look it up.

The only analytics that matter are Wins and Losses.  The bottom line, Dorseys last 6 games the offense averaged a pathetic 20 PPG and went 2-4 (and were lucky to not be 0-6).  Brady's first 6 games the offense averaged 8 more PPG and the team was 5-1 and went on to win out and both win the division and the #2 seed.

Dorsey was an issue, there is no spin that can be made that suggests he was not a big part of the problem.  Worse yet, Dorsey's "analytics" were heavily skewed by 3 games against bad defenses week 2, week 3, and week 4.  The rest of the season Dorsey and the offense stunk and had major issues.  

Not to mention the next decision the Bills make that you like will also be the first one you have ever liked.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

That's not great, seeing as the analytics on Dorsey for his part of 2023 were better than Brady's portion of 2023.

Did you watch the football games or not?  Which offense looked more competent and reliable?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Did you watch the football games or not?  Which offense looked more competent and reliable?

The one that did not have a fetish about making sure Josh Allen did not run.  That seemed like the only meaningful difference between the two offenses. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Then why didn’t you? Why didn’t you design, implement, develop and coordinate the passing attack that was revolutionary? 

Joe Brady played a massive role in that LSU did, don’t believe me go ask Joe Burrow. To claim otherwise is pure ignorance. 

For sure, I was surprised by the numbers as I found them, but it’s important to remember this isn’t even a piece if the cake, maybe just some light decoration. 

Key one for me in the INTs over 9 games, that’s a huge improvement. 

So bradys impressive resume is his college career with superstars who played a ton of weaker opponents? Cool

39 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The one that did not have a fetish about making sure Josh Allen did not run.  That seemed like the only meaningful difference between the two offenses. 

Not to mention Diggs production completely fell off the map under brady

40 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I guess you didn’t watch the games either. 

7 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Josh Allen

Dorsey: 9 Games

350 attempts - 2660 yards - 19 TDs - 11 INT - 7 rushing TD

Brady: 9 Games

298 attempts - 2095 yards - 14 TDs - 7 INT - 8 rushing TD

James Cook

Dorsey: 9 games 

120 carries - 615 yards - 5.1 YPC

Brady: 9 Games

153 carries - 647 yards - 4.2 YPC 

Not much you can take away, also doesn’t account for weather, team, and the challenges of it not being an offense designed by Brady. 

What was diggs stats after dorsey?

Great news for the Bills!

Brady took a declining, dysfunctional offense, one not scoring much in the first half,  repeatedly forcing them to dig themselves out of holes, and where almost no players were rising to their potential, and overnight turned it into an efficient, diverse, more physical, run heavy offense capable moving the ball and scoring against any team.

A dramatic turnaround, and in the middle of the season, when all of Dorsey's awful and incompetent  habits were well ingrained and becoming the status quo.

This spring and summer I hope he works very closely with Josh, Stef, Cook, Shakir... the line, and the tight ends to create the best offense in the league.

If McDermott stays on as DC for one more year, and I think he will, the Bills may have two of the best coordinators in all of football.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You are kidding right, that you think Dorsey was doing just as well as Brady did--or better-?

The only way someone can be so ignorant of the fact that Brady led a far superior offense was if they did not watch football AD, after Dorsey.

Like Josh said, "It had to be done."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/28/2024 at 2:31 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean he wasn’t totally fair to completely evaluate him after taking over mid season and he did some good things. But this is the safe, non go all out for a SB move that McDermott loves. Why not interview Moore or EB? 

hopefully, Brady will do great things with a full offseason. But it was crazy how the passing game regressed. Hoping for the best though. 

Did you watch some of the Chargers' games this year?

Moore may end up being a consistently good OC one day, but his offenses don't look so hot to me.  Was also not a fan of the lose-to-good-teams Dallas non-physical offense of last year. 

I prefer the physical, run like hell, diverse approach we saw from Brady, and this off season he will make it into his/their own...

Maybe Moore for an assistant coach of QB coach.  He may not get another OC job for a bit after this year.

24 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Did you watch some of the Chargers' games this year?

Moore may end up being a consistently good OC one day, but his offenses don't look so hot to me.  Was also not a fan of the lose-to-good-teams Dallas non-physical offense of last year. 

I prefer the physical, run like hell, diverse approach we saw from Brady, and this off season he will make it into his/their own...

Maybe Moore for an assistant coach of QB coach.  He may not get another OC job for a bit after this year.

I agree with you, but Moore's already been hired as the OC in Philly. 

10 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Anything can happen any game.  Beating KC is not an automatic SB bid.  Cause they had a bad game against KC you think it would have played out the same way?  Not the way things happen in the NFL. 

Again. Obviously. Beating g KC is an automatic bid to the next step and I liked our chances against Baltimore and even more against SF.

Can't say I'm surprised by the hire. McBeane are loyal guys and like to promote from within. 

Brady had Josh running the ball a lot more and the offense seemed like they were having more fun out there. Total yards and points are pretty comparable between the Brady games and Dorsey games. 

The Brady-offense was mediocre to bad in the wins against Chiefs, Chargers, Patriots, and Dolphins. I wonder how Brady would be viewed on here had Toney not lined up offside. Or if the DEF didn't force 4 turnovers vs the Pats. Or if the Dolphins had the punt return for a TD instead of us. 

Ironically enough the defense saw a bigger improvement after we fired Dorsey than the offense did. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

What did your eyes see?

My eyes saw that it seems like with Dorsey, there were some explosive plays but coupled with duds. Brady I don't feel had a ton of explosive moments but there was a balance there. I think in the long run we'll see that both are going to be about the same. 

16 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Can't say I'm surprised by the hire. McBeane are loyal guys and like to promote from within. 

Brady had Josh running the ball a lot more and the offense seemed like they were having more fun out there. Total yards and points are pretty comparable between the Brady games and Dorsey games. 

The Brady-offense was mediocre to bad in the wins against Chiefs, Chargers, Patriots, and Dolphins. I wonder how Brady would be viewed on here had Toney not lined up offside. Or if the DEF didn't force 4 turnovers vs the Pats. Or if the Dolphins had the punt return for a TD instead of us. 

Ironically enough the defense saw a bigger improvement after we fired Dorsey than the offense did. 

Maybe because they went out and signed a run stuffer to fill the void for Daquan Jones and traded for a CB to fill in Tres roll. McD always gets the guys he needs for his D. O always takes leftovers. 

I’m not a fan of the Brady hire but I think he can do alright if Beane gets him some actual weapons instead of looking for cheap diamond in the roughs. Really we are in situation where if Brady succeeds he’ll most likely get a HC job and we are looking for his replacement in a year or two. Or he fails snd you’re looking for his replacement. I would have liked to see McDaniels here, chances are he never gets a HC job again for a long time. His resume as a OC speaks for itself. 

Two rookies OCs hired in a row…. During “the window”.

I’m really tired of McDermott and these choices. Well, looks like we are all set at Offensive Coordination!—what..?? Not even seeing what’s out there. All so McDermott as another puppet and potential fall guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.