Ravens/Chiefs Game Thread (Keep the Bills stuff out of here, please)

Roundybout

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

And the Bills find some way to goof up at the end. Whether it's not throwing to Diggs over the middle, or playing a defense that gave the Chiefs the middle of the field field when they had two timeouts left, the Bills give the Chiefs the opportunity to bring their best. I guess you can say I'm still bitter.

Im bitter too bro … the excuses aren’t cutting through anymore 

• Like (+1) 2

Having seen the games...the Bills are a tough tough out for the Chiefs.  I'd like to think if the Josh Allen era weren't happening parrallel to the Mahomes era, we'd all be talking about a Bills dynasty right now.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Having seen the games...the Bills are a tough tough out for the Chiefs.  I'd like to think if the Josh Allen era weren't happening parrallel to the Mahomes era, we'd all be talking about a Bills dynasty right now.  

What’s happening with Jones next year ? 

12 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Unless he signs for some miraculously cheap deal, they will let him walk.  It's been a good run.

I thought that was more likely then not .. what a champion player though… something  the Bills have lacked on the DL during the JA era …

Edited by Aussie Joe

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I thought that was more likely then not .. what a champion player though… something  the Bills have lacked in the JA era …

Not that alot of Bills fans would care, but it's really amazing how KC getting punished for tampering with Jeremy Maclin in the 2016 offseason, led directly them ending up with Chris Jones and Pat Mahomes.  If Goodell dindn't strip KC of their third round pick in 2016, 2 days before that draft, KC would have ended up with Paxton Lynch.  

If you are interested in that story, I wrote an episode for Brandon Perna (a Broncos youtuber) a couple years ago about this.  You can see it here.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Why did the Ravens run the ball only 16 times against the Chiefs? Didn't they watch the Bills game to see the success that the Bills running game was having?

The National talking heads are giving credit to Spags.  Apparently KC's plan was to take away the Ravens ground attack and force Lamar to be a QB.  So Lamar throws 37 times which is too many and he inexplicably doesn't take off and scramble nearly enough.  He could have created more especially in the 2nd half when the Baltimore D held the line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, zow2 said:

The National talking heads are giving credit to Spags.  Apparently KC's plan was to take away the Ravens ground attack and force Lamar to be a QB.  So Lamar throws 37 times which is too many and he inexplicably doesn't take off and scramble nearly enough.  He could have created more especially in the 2nd half when the Baltimore D held the line.

It's sad watching & listening to the completely different national takes on Jackson & Allen's games against KC.  Most of the talking heads hate that they have to admit that Jackson played poorly but man are they coming up with excuses none of them would give Allen.

Excuse 1: Spags was great.  Yes he was but most of the time, including the playoffs, Allen does just fine against Spags D.  I wonder if you asked Spags who between Jackson & Allen is tougher to prepare for and keeps him up at night prior to the game he would say Allen and it's not even close.

Excuse 2: Monken the Raven's OC sucked and didn't run the ball enough.  Wow this one is creative.  No one outside of Allen apologists on 2BD ever call out the coaching as not exactly helping Allen out.  And it is kind of funny that it's viewed as a problem for Jackson when the presumptive MVP QUARTERBACK is asked to throw the ball a lot.

*  Excuse 3:  Because Mahomes!  I guess because Mahomes was excellent Jackson can't be expected to be great.  You know like Highlander where "there can only be ONE".  But wait Allen and Mahomes have played in multiple games where both have been great.  Aw shut up homer.

Excuse 4:  Flowers fumbled at the goal line!  I guess Jackson INT in the end zone means nothing next to this play.  To bad for Flowers that he doesn't play for the Bills.  No one outside of 2BD would be calling out that fumble as having anything to do with Allen sucking and losing he game.  But since blame must be deflected from Jackson throwing it on Flowers makes a lot of sense.

Oh and some Talking Head's were saying that Jackson may have, GASP, fallen in with the likes of Dak Prescott and Josh Allen in struggling in the playoffs?  Say WHAT! How could anyone but the dumbest Allen hater put him in with those 2 in the playoffs?  Lets see: 

* record: Allen is 5 - 5 versus a combined record of 4 - 9.  Allen has more playoff wins then Prescott & Jackson COMBINED!

* total TD's: Allen has more total TD's in 10 games then Prescott & Jackson have scored in 13 playoff games COMBINED!

* total TO's:  Allen has fewer playoff turnovers then Prescott & Jackson COMBINED!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Not that alot of Bills fans would care, but it's really amazing how KC getting punished for tampering with Jeremy Maclin in the 2016 offseason, led directly them ending up with Chris Jones and Pat Mahomes.  If Goodell dindn't strip KC of their third round pick in 2016, 2 days before that draft, KC would have ended up with Paxton Lynch.  

If you are interested in that story, I wrote an episode for Brandon Perna (a Broncos youtuber) a couple years ago about this.  You can see it here.  

Gee, thanks for the reminder.

31 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's sad watching & listening to the completely different national takes on Jackson & Allen's games against KC.  Most of the talking heads hate that they have to admit that Jackson played poorly but man are they coming up with excuses none of them would give Allen.

FWIW,  I lurked over at the KC message boards and they think the best QBs in the AFC after Mahomes are Allen then Burrow... then Lawrence, Stroud and Lamar 6th at best.  So at least those fans know the real deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Gee, thanks for the reminder.

It's funny how he just loves to come here and drop these "innocent" reminders of how great things are going for him and his team...on an opposing team's board...who just so happens to have had their season ended 3 times by that team in the last 4 years.

"Hey guys, look at this interesting information about how great it is to be a Chiefs fan...man it's amazing...things are great!  Anywho, I'm TOTALLY not a troll!"

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Excuse 1: Spags was great.  Yes he was but most of the time, including the playoffs, Allen does just fine against Spags D.  I wonder if you asked Spags who between Jackson & Allen is tougher to prepare for and keeps him up at night prior to the game he would say Allen and it's not even close.

Excuse 2: Monken the Raven's OC sucked and didn't run the ball enough.  Wow this one is creative.  No one outside of Allen apologists on 2BD ever call out the coaching as not exactly helping Allen out.  And it is kind of funny that it's viewed as a problem for Jackson when the presumptive MVP QUARTERBACK is asked to throw the ball a lot.

*  Excuse 3:  Because Mahomes!  I guess because Mahomes was excellent Jackson can't be expected to be great.  You know like Highlander where "there can only be ONE".  But wait Allen and Mahomes have played in multiple games where both have been great.  Aw shut up homer.

Excuse 4:  Flowers fumbled at the goal line!  I guess Jackson INT in the end zone means nothing next to this play.  To bad for Flowers that he doesn't play for the Bills.  No one outside of 2BD would be calling out that fumble as having anything to do with Allen sucking and losing he game.  But since blame must be deflected from Jackson throwing it on Flowers makes a lot of sense.

Oh and some Talking Head's were saying that Jackson may have, GASP, fallen in with the likes of Dak Prescott and Josh Allen in struggling in the playoffs?  Say WHAT! How could anyone but the dumbest Allen hater put him in with those 2 in the playoffs?  Lets see: 

* record: Allen is 5 - 5 versus a combined record of 4 - 9.  Allen has more playoff wins then Prescott & Jackson COMBINED!

* total TD's: Allen has more total TD's in 10 games then Prescott & Jackson have scored in 13 playoff games COMBINED!

* total TO's:  Allen has fewer playoff turnovers then Prescott & Jackson COMBINED!

Quick reminder of Allen’s greatness, yes greatness in the playoffs: 10 games - passing 272.3 yards per game, 65% completion, 21 TD’s, 4 INT’s; rushing 563 yards, 6.8 average, 6 TD’s, 2 fumbles. Oh yeah, 1 reception for 16 yards and a TD.  If the defense was average in the playoffs, Allen would have a couple of rings.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

McDuffie is a fantastic Corner.  Chiefs leap-frogging us and then Bills ending up with Elam really unfortunate.  At least McBeane knocked it out of the park with the remaining picks.  

I do hate when people keep bringing this up as if 1) the Bills were definitely picking McDuffie and 2) Elam was the only corner worth anything left on the board. Better corners than Elam went later, that was just a missed evaluation (as of this moment). As a matter of fact, with Tyrique Woolen’s size and speed, I’m surprised Beane didn’t pull the trigger on him in the 5th. Of course that’d mean we wouldn’t have Shakir since Beane burned a 4th rounder to trade up for Elam.
We could’ve stayed pat at the pick, or traded down and got Cam Taylor-Britt in the 2nd, another corner the Bills were supposedly high on who has been a starter off the bus for the Bengals. The crime is trading up and picking the wrong player, not getting leapfrogged. I wish Beane would stop trading up for non-QBs.

5 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

It's funny how he just loves to come here and drop these "innocent" reminders of how great things are going for him and his team...on an opposing team's board...who just so happens to have had their season ended 3 times by that team in the last 4 years.

"Hey guys, look at this interesting information about how great it is to be a Chiefs fan...man it's amazing...things are great!  Anywho, I'm TOTALLY not a troll!"

No.... this is an example of how sometimes you need some dumb luck.

Things could be totally different if KC was able to do what they wanted in the 2016 draft.  The Chiefs get all sorts of credit for trading up and drafting Mahomes.

I'm actually knocking on KC here because it was something of a happy accident that they were in a spot to get him.

In 2016, they wanted Paxton Lynch.  They had pick 28 and Seattle had pick 26.  The Cheifs, Cowboys and Broncos all wanted Lynch and Seattle was selling their pick.  KC ONLY would have needed to move up TWO WHOLE SPOTS to make this happen.  But they had tampered with Jeremy Maclin and usualy the leauge doens't care, but for some reason Goodell came in 2 days before that draft and stipped KC of their 3rd round pick that year.  So when it came time to make a bid to move up from 28 to 26, KC couldn't beat Denvers offer.  Denver was moving up from 31, but they had their 3rd round pick and KC didn't  KC had a 4th.  Dallas had a 1st and a 4th also.  Denvers combo of picks was the best offer.  IF KC had their 3rd rounder THEY would have been the team that got stuck drafting MASSIVE DRAFT BUST Paxton Lynch.  They also wouldn't have been in the market for a QB in 2017.

And then as if someone showered KC with LUCKY CHARMS....since they couldn't move up to 26 in the 2016 Draft, they moved out of the first round altogther and after a few more D tackles were taken, KC got the consolation prize of Chris Jones......and they used the other pick they got for trading out on OG Parker Eigner who they flipped to the Cowboys for Charvarius Ward.

Goodell saved KC from themselves!  We got a cascade of franchise changing good luck by having that 3rd rounder taken from us.  The plan was Paxton Lynch.  

If left in control of their own fate, KC wouldn't be where they are now.

On 1/28/2024 at 10:59 PM, Chandler#81 said:

So they claim. I doubt it. I don’t believe it’s written anywhere, given that we are never told when the  voters have cast their official choices..

The winners will be announced at NFL Honors on Feb. 8. A nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league completed voting before the playoffs began.

From the AP website.  Votes are submitted before the playoffs.  Thats how they know the finalists.  They actually have the votes.  They just wait to announce the winner.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.