What will you do when the Bills win the Super Bowl?

WotAGuy

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I have a standing agreement at work that if/when the Bills make the Super Bowl that I am to have off the following week regardless of the outcome. I would be insufferable if they lost, but if we win? WHEN we win? I will be watching the game in Buffalo so I can start the sobbing/celebrating immediately (I live a few hours away). I’ll find a way to the airport to welcome the team home. I will be at the parade, and will just be drunk from the feeling of FINALLY getting that elusive championship. 

My feeling is this: we might win multiple championships at some point, but there will never be another first. I intend to be there, because anything that comes after will just be a welcome extra, and will not have the same meaning or significance as the first.

there may be 100,000 people at the airport that night 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

Was thinking when they finally finally win next year, I can stop watching football.

It will change how I am as a fan significantly. Though, I will still watch.

But the emotional investment will be quite a bit less.  

• Like (+1) 3

I will hug and kiss my wife. The two of us may get in my car and may drive around, flashers on, beeping my horn. 

Then on Monday, I will buy two copies of The Buffalo News with the headline, "Superbowl Champs". One for me to frame and hang up in my office. The other is to take to my parent's gravesite and place it on their gravestone. 

Then, I'll smoke a big cigar. (And I don't smoke. Quit January 31, 2019). 

3 hours ago, Success said:

I'll enjoy the sense of peace.

I truly cannot have peace right now. I meditate, I eat right, I have a very good perspective on life w/ all of its triumphs & setbacks.  But the Bills not winning a title is like some sort of wall between me & true happiness that I can't see beyond, or get past.

Probably sounds a bit melodramatic.  But I do not have peace.  When the Bills win it all - I will, and plan to just enjoy that experience.

Said it well. Enjoy being free of the burden of longing that got hardwired into my head during our Super Bowl years. I think I'll be relieved as I am happy... But boy would I be happy

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

I will hug and kiss my wife. The two of us may get in my car and may drive around, flashers on, beeping my horn. 

Then on Monday, I will buy two copies of The Buffalo News with the headline, "Superbowl Champs". One for me to frame and hang up in my office. The other is to take to my parent's gravesite and place it on their gravestone. 

Then, I'll smoke a big cigar. (And I don't smoke. Quit January 31, 2019). 

Newspapers will be long gone by the time the Bills win a Super Bowl 

• Angry 1

14 hours ago, Success said:

I'll enjoy the sense of peace.

I truly cannot have peace right now. I meditate, I eat right, I have a very good perspective on life w/ all of its triumphs & setbacks.  But the Bills not winning a title is like some sort of wall between me & true happiness that I can't see beyond, or get past.

Probably sounds a bit melodramatic.  But I do not have peace.  When the Bills win it all - I will, and plan to just enjoy that experience.

Same... it's this demon that follows me... even at 44 years old... so strange that our peace is in the hands of 20 something year old kids that play a game... I KNOW it's ridiculious... changes nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Having already lived through this exact experience with the Red Sox (raised  a Red Sox fan despite growing up in Buffalo)...I think I KNOW that I will feel an immense sense of RELIEF, SATISFACTION, and PEACE.

Honestly, I will never follow the Bills after a SB will as intensely as I do now.  Nor will the whole thing seam so "serious."

Everything Bills related moving forward after the SB will be like "OK, whatever.  It doesn't matter. I have my  SB victory in my pocket and it's never going away.  Now I know we could do it, because we DID IT."

And you kind of peacefully move on.  I'll still watch all games, of course, but nothing will bother me with the team.

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

I don’t have to worry about it because it will never happen in my lifetime.

Playoff failure after playoff failure attests to that.

I have this same gut feeling.  People were born, lived, cheered, AND DIED between Cubs and Red Sox championships! 

When do you think the San Diego Padres are going to win a World Series?  Answer: never.

Certain franchises are born to lose, and we all know this as an obvious fact in any sport.

The thing is, we don't want to concede that one of those franchises is the Bills.

And the Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.