2024 WR Draft Class

I think because the best receiver options will likely be gone by 60, lends weight to trading down out of the first - IF you can make a fair deal.  Even trading up in the 2nd to about pick 40 would cost at least both late 4ths they have.  I don’t think they will want to go from around pick 40 to the 9th pick in the 5th without a pick.

At 60 all the half decent WR’s will be more than long gone. So Beane either takes one at 28 or he moves back a bit into round 2 and picks up a 3rd and takes one early round 2

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, DJB said:

At 60 all the half decent WR’s will be more than long gone. So Beane either takes one at 28 or he moves back a bit into round 2 and picks up a 3rd and takes one early round 2

Many may disagree with me, but the value and importance to this team is there to justify taking 2 WR's and possibly trading up in both Rounds to get them.  

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Many may disagree with me, but the value and importance to this team is there to justify taking 2 WR's and possibly trading up in both Rounds to get them.  

If they take one early and then a WR is BPA at their pick after 2nd, fine.  Those 4th, 5th and later picks don’t move you up far in either 1st or 2nd and I would not trade next year’s picks to move up.

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If they take one early and then a WR is BPA at their pick after 2nd, fine.  Those 4th, 5th and later picks don’t move you up far in either 1st or 2nd and I would not trade next year’s picks to move up.

How about if Worthy makes it to 28  and then a large jump up in Round 2 for Legette.   I gave up a 2025 2nd for it in a mock

Suddenly you have 2 players that are a threat to score from anywhere and their skill sets complement each other well  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How about if Worthy makes it to 28  and then a large jump up in Round 2 for Legette.   I gave up a 2025 2nd for it in a mock

Suddenly you have 2 players that are a threat to score from anywhere and their skill sets complement each other well  

How many receivers are going to play?  Diggs, Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir and two rookies (and Knox and Cook) would have to split the available targets. 

You are right that a 25 2nd and 60 probably gets them up to mid-2nd.  To me, that’s a lot to give up when the defense could really struggle this year.  You might be giving up a high 2nd and getting late 3rd value for the pick.

I admit that I am future risk averse in these matters.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

How many receivers are going to play?  Diggs, Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir and two rookies (and Knox and Cook) would have to split the available targets. 

You are right that a 25 2nd and 60 probably gets them up to mid-2nd.  To me, that’s a lot to give up when the defense could really struggle this year.  You might be giving up a high 2nd and getting late 3rd value for the pick.

I don't see the defense struggling.  Poyer and Hyde aren't the same players.  Tre wasn't on the field.  Our depth DT's provided NOTHING last year.   

Bonus, Von COULD return to the player he's been 

Bernard is very good.  Milano will be on the field 

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I still think there's a real chance Diggs is trading during the draft...if a scenario like this plays out. I still believe he wants out. We'll see

Edited by Warriorspikes51

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I don't see the defense struggling.  Poyer and Hyde aren't the same players.  Tre wasn't on the field.  Our depth DT's provided NOTHING last year.   

Bonus, Von COULD return to the player he's been 

Bernard is very good.  Milano will be on the field 

I still think there's a real chance Diggs is trading during the draft...if a scenario like this plays out. I still believe he wants out. We'll see

I think the pass rush will be worse without Floyd.  They did at least re-sign Jones and signed a backup 1T to keep the Bills LBs who are on the smaller side clean.  I also worry about competent depth at CB if either Douglas or Benford get hurt and there is no quality depth at S right now. I also think they need a good backup to Oliver at 3T.  Of course, those might be addressed in FA before or after the draft, but they don’t have much cap room and I don’t think they can solve those issues through the draft if they use their first two picks on WR.

As I said, I am conservative regarding trading future picks as they can come back to haunt you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think you can double dip later in the draft.  Rice, Baker or Thrash who have some size and can line up anywhere. If they go for say Mitchell I would look at one of the smaller guys in that same range.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think the receiver pool will be pretty shallow by 60.  You might get guys like Polk, Baker or Rice there - maybe an outside shot at Coleman, but the better prospects will be snapped up by mid-round (at least that’s my $.02 worth).

Agreed...There's always the chance of one slipping through, but the thing is...if one is sliding, it's for a reason... And is the reason something the Bills agree with? As we all know DK Metcalf slid...But the Bills passed on him again in the 2nd in favor of Cody Ford. The Bill needed a WR that year, and folks like me had Metcalf rated in the top 10... The Bills did clearly did not. So the pool will naturally be more shallow by 60. But it will be even more shallow because it's very likely a few of the WR's that fall that fall will not be worthy of #60 on the Bills Big Board... B-)

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

13 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Your level of spamming ridiculous posts like this over the past few days has reached an all time level.

It's as if you feel if you post about trading Diggs and Drafting 2 of the top 5-7 WR's back to back a million times a day, across multiple threads, every single day and you're able to get even *one* like minded person to agree with you - that it's going to happen.

You should be happy if we take even 1 top 7-10 WR in this Draft and that we do it in Round 1. Although that I agree that we should, That's far from a guarantee. Hell, there's even some prognosticators who say we don't even take one at all in the first 2 Rounds.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Your level of spamming ridiculous posts like this over the past few days has reached an all time level.

It's as if you feel if you post about trading Diggs and Drafting 2 of the top 5-7 WR's back to back a million times a day, across multiple threads, every single day and you're able to get even *one* like minded person to agree with you - that it's going to happen.

I think he's trying to speak it into existence. It's magical thinking.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The 2nd WR drafted would sit the bench most of the season imo.  There aren’t that many snaps to go around

38 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No offense to this tweet but Jim Nagy hypes up every senior Bowl prospect in his tweets because he and his staff put together the rosters for the game and the higher their guys go the better they look. 

Obviously NFL personnel gives recommendations as well 

Is anyone thinking that Worthy might go MUCH earlier than projected? He's got the speed and buzz that has rocketed other WRs way up in the 1st round. A team like the Raiders (if Al Davis was still around I'd say bank on it) or the Cowboys could take a swing at him. There could be other teams lurking in the teens and twenties. He strikes me as a guy who gets picked surprisingly early. 

(forgive me if it's been considered already in this marathon thread)

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is anyone thinking that Worthy might go MUCH earlier than projected? He's got the speed and buzz that has rocketed other WRs way up in the 1st round. A team like the Raiders (if Al Davis was still around I'd say bank on it) or the Cowboys could take a swing at him. There could be other teams lurking in the teens and twenties. He strikes me as a guy who gets picked surprisingly early. 

Could happen, ie John Ross and Henry Ruggs.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I feel like it'll be the opposite, I don't see Worthy going in the 1st round. NFL teams don't get crazy over 40 times like the "draft gurus" do. I do think Dallas would be the most likely team to do it though.