2024 WR Draft Class

6 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm starting to think the WRs are getting so much buzz that the top 8-9 will be gone before the Bills pick. 

I think in that situation I'd want them to trade down, but it'd hurt. 

Or are you just hyper focused on the headlines?

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/27/2024 at 2:22 PM, Ga boy said:

We should package Knox and Jackson along with our first to move into top 10 to nab a difference maker WR.

Congratulations!  You've become this year's Lucky Winner of the "I believe these guys on our roster are JAGS, thus we should trade them...and because they are JAGS, other teams will be salivating to swap our late 1st for their top-10 1st!"

The Bills used two 2nd round picks to move from #12 to #7 for Allen.   They had previously used Cordy Glenn (who played 2 more years for Cincy) to move from #21 to #12.  Are you honestly suggesting that as we stand today, teams would see Knox and Jackson as better than a LT and 2 2nd round picks?

Edited by Beck Water

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Congratulations!  You've become this year's Lucky Winner of the "I believe these guys on our roster are JAGS, thus we should trade them...and because they are JAGS, other teams will be salivating to swap our late 1st for their top-10 1st!"

The Bills used two 2nd round picks to move from #12 to #7 for Allen.   They had previously used Cordy Glenn (who played 2 more years for Cincy) to move from #21 to #12.  Are you honestly suggesting that as we stand today, teams would see Knox and Jackson as better than a LT and 2 2nd round picks?

As we stand today, no, because we got Samuel now.  I don’t think those two are seen as JAGS.  At 28, I don’t think we should go WR.  I would like to see us move up for Turner, Verse or Latu.  Get a WR in round 2.   BTW, do I still win a chicken dinner?

28 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Please stay away from Miami and KC

With everything Miami's lost this offseason, I'd be surprised if they took a 3rd WR in Round 1 to go with Hill and Waddle. 

As for KC, they'll take a WR just as we will. It's "I hope KC doesn't get McConkey", "I hope KC doesn't get Mitchell", "I hope KC doesn't get Worthy". They're going to get somebody. Better to just accept it and hope ours turns out better.

Haven't heard much about Legette lately. Is he now firmly seen as a 2nd rounder? If so, top of the second round or where?  

If we still want him, is the better strategy to take someone else in the first and 28 and trade up for him in the 2nd? Or trade down from the first and get another second and extra picks? I guess it depends if there's a D-lineman we really like in the first, or perhaps a center?

On 3/20/2024 at 9:11 PM, Ga boy said:

As we stand today, no, because we got Samuel now.  I don’t think those two are seen as JAGS.  At 28, I don’t think we should go WR.  I would like to see us move up for Turner, Verse or Latu.  Get a WR in round 2.   BTW, do I still win a chicken dinner?

Yeah!! Moving up for Latu is my dream too. Difference maker and we need help getting to the QB! WR in second now that Samuel is here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2024 at 9:57 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

With everything Miami's lost this offseason, I'd be surprised if they took a 3rd WR in Round 1 to go with Hill and Waddle. 

As for KC, they'll take a WR just as we will. It's "I hope KC doesn't get McConkey", "I hope KC doesn't get Mitchell", "I hope KC doesn't get Worthy". They're going to get somebody. Better to just accept it and hope ours turns out better.

Waddle hurt a lot last year. Questionable if they are gonna pay him what his market would dictate.

a smart team would take a WR. But no one ever accused the Dolphins of being smart.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Haven't heard much about Legette lately. Is he now firmly seen as a 2nd rounder? If so, top of the second round or where?  

If we still want him, is the better strategy to take someone else in the first and 28 and trade up for him in the 2nd? Or trade down from the first and get another second and extra picks? I guess it depends if there's a D-lineman we really like in the first, or perhaps a center?

Yes, and yes

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I actually have seen a couple of credible guys mock him in round 1 in the last week. Which there hasn't been much of since very early in the process. I think he could squeak into the back of day 1 - but most likely he goes the first 15 picks on day 2. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually have seen a couple of credible guys mock him in round 1 in the last week. Which there hasn't been much of since very early in the process. I think he could squeak into the back of day 1 - but most likely he goes the first 15 picks on day 2. 

If the BIlls want him, do you prefer trading out of the first, or taking someone else in the first and trading up in the second, or taking him at 28 in the first? 

11 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

If the BIlls want him, do you prefer trading out of the first, or taking someone else in the first and trading up in the second, or taking him at 28 in the first? 

He is my WR4 so I'd happily just stand pat and pick him at #28.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1