2024 WR Draft Class

9 minutes ago, LEBills said:

He had a disastrous Combine, and smaller than publicized. Maybe he persuades with a good workout.

Round 2 for me at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

He had a disastrous Combine, and smaller than publicized. Maybe he persuades with a good workout.

Round 2 for me at this point.

supposedly sick at or just before, I’ll take his great season over the combine performance

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Interesting, I had not heard that. It might work out for us, then.

I have to believe Franklin's film is as good as anyone's outside the top 3 guys...and it's not like he ran slow at the combine.  4.41 ain't bad...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, mannc said:

I have to believe Franklin's film is as good as anyone's outside the top 3 guys...and it's not like he ran slow at the combine.  4.41 ain't bad...

Just an example of how consistently explosive Franklin was on top of his huge yardage. He had a 30+ yard reception in 12 of 13 games. That 13th game he was hurt in the second quarter and gutted out the rest of that Pac12 championship game. Nabers and Odunze were tied for second at 10 games a piece. He also had 7 games with a 40+ yard receptions which was more than Nabers and tied with Odunze in 2 less games. 

Aka he’s a beast

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Just an example of how consistently explosive Franklin was on top of his huge yardage. He had a 30+ yard reception in 12 of 13 games. That 13th game he was hurt in the second quarter and gutted out the rest of that Pac12 championship game. Nabers and Odunze were tied for second at 10 games a piece. He also had 7 games with a 40+ yard receptions which was more than Nabers and tied with Odunze in 2 less games. 

Aka he’s a beast

If you watch the tape, Franklin’s constantly running away from defensive backs, even when they have the angle on him…he has another gear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Worthy will be a dangerous weapon, but at 165lbs he is too small for a 1st round pick, in my opinion.

I hear ya…I’m just afraid we will all regret it when the Chiefs take him at 32, and we all have to relive “Tyreek Hill” and Patrick Mahomes again…

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2024 at 1:31 PM, Brian Higgins hair said:

Want to win in this game? Want Josh to set the NFL on fire?
Then, we need a monster WR who wins contested catches in this draft. I would go Rome. 

We learned a lot from the Sammy Watkins episode, and also from the Julio Jones trade up..

It’s always a flip of a coin, but that’s why Beane makes the big bucks and at this point, we have to gamble. 

So then we did NOT learn a lot from the Sammy Watkins episode? I'm confused.

It makes sense to me that Franklin was sick before the combine. I was surprised by his weight, expected at least 185. Was also surprised he wasn't faster than 4.41, which is plenty fast but he looks faster than that on the field.

Living in Eugene, the wife and I have seen practically every game of his career. We met at the U of O when she was a hurdler on the track team and still live in Eugene over half of the year.  He has an incredible instinct for getting open, finding the soft spot in zones, and especially on extended plays. When he has the ball in his hands he has video game speed, leaving fast cbs in the dust. I was disappointed in his combine but if he was sick it might be a blessing. I would be happy if the Bills got him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, mannc said:

His forty wasn't bad but his 10 yard split was dead last amongst all WRs at 1.61 His 3 cone and 20 yard was below the median. https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2024/03/how-oregons-troy-franklin-performed-at-nfl-scouting-combine.html

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

His forty wasn't bad but his 10 yard split was dead last amongst all WRs at 1.61 His 3 cone and 20 yard was below the median. https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2024/03/how-oregons-troy-franklin-performed-at-nfl-scouting-combine.html

A good 40 time even with a terrible 10-yard split supports the idea that Franklin's got "another gear"...right? 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I hear ya…I’m just afraid we will all regret it when the Chiefs take him at 32, and we all have to relive “Tyreek Hill” and Patrick Mahomes again…

Would they take Worthy now that they’ve signed Hollywood? They have similar attributes. 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Worthy is at least my WR4. People sleeping on him big time. And not because his 40 time.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mannc said:

I still love Franklin I don’t hold a poor combine showing against him. He looked great in college 

Mitchell has really intrigued me.  Size and speed you would say is ideal.  Worthy was the guy though.  Thats what I come back to.  165 is light but not by much compared to Desean Jackson or Devonta Smith.  Worthy was the more productive player his entire career.  I like the idea of still going WR round 1.  Like the value at WR at 28 and I think there will be value at 60 for Dline.  Whether at edge or DT.