2024 WR Draft Class

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

According to DCOranges spreadsheet Anthony Gould actually has the highest YPRR vs man in this years draft class. But Legette is second and weighs almost 50 pounds more than Gould. He was very good this year, had a nice pro day today too from reports.

Thomas, Mitchell, and Legette are the WRs I think they should be and are looking at. Thomas is likely out of reach. Mitchell is a maybe at #28. I think Legette will be there. What I can't get is a consistent read on where he is stacking up in the draft. A lot of boards seem to be projecting him as a late 2nd, even 3rd rounder. I don't see that, but I'd like to have a sense of where the consensus on him is among NFL teams.

Regardless, I'm taking him over Coleman, and I still think he's a good bet for our pick in the first.

• Agree 7

15 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Thomas, Mitchell, and Legette are the WRs I think they should be and are looking at. Thomas is likely out of reach. Mitchell is a maybe at #28. I think Legette will be there. What I can't get is a consistent read on where he is stacking up in the draft. A lot of boards seem to be projecting him as a late 2nd, even 3rd rounder. I don't see that, but I'd like to have a sense of where the consensus on him is among NFL teams.

Regardless, I'm taking him over Coleman, and I still think he's a good bet for our pick in the first.

I don't have Leggette in the top 10 (he is 11th on my board), I would target him in the 3rd, maybe late 2nd.  He has all the same flaws as Gabe Davis.  Lacks acceleration and burst as he is a strider and doesn't get up to his top speed unless running in a straight line.  Struggles off the LOS and getting separation in the shorter and mid areas of the field.  He is going to be a project, I would rather take him in the 3rd if we take him.

1. Harrison
  2. Nabers
  3. Odunze
  4. Thomas
  5. McConkey
  6. Mitchell
  7. Coleman
  8. Franklin
  9. Worthy
  10. Pearsall
  11. Leggette
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

On 3/9/2024 at 1:43 PM, BBFL said:

If it’s between those two DEs, you’d hope they choose Latu. Though Latu honestly reminds me of a more atheltic AJE who was successful the finals two years before declaring. 

This draft is going to be what they value more. There’s a top end talent at DLine and WR, after that it’s a plethora of guys who could be special. 

This draft could go so many ways. Pretty exciting. 

I don’t see the comparison to Epenesa in college.  Epenesa was almost completely a power pass rusher and Latu is a very good technical pass rusher, though he has a serious neck injury in his past.

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

Please let us land him or Thomas

I think the Mitchell hype is too high.  I guess I won’t be disappointed if they take him, but I won’t be dancing, either.  I see the movement skills and ability to cut fairly well, but I’ve watched a couple of full games and I think he has potential, but he has to work harder than he appears to.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't have Leggette in the top 10 (he is 11th on my board), I would target him in the 3rd, maybe late 2nd.  He has all the same flaws as Gabe Davis.  Lacks acceleration and burst as he is a strider and doesn't get up to his top speed unless running in a straight line.  Struggles off the LOS and getting separation in the shorter and mid areas of the field.  He is going to be a project, I would rather take him in the 3rd if we take him.

1. Harrison
  2. Nabers
  3. Odunze
  4. Thomas
  5. McConkey
  6. Mitchell
  7. Coleman
  8. Franklin
  9. Worthy
  10. Pearsall
  11. Leggette

There are some similarities to Gabe and Legette in terms of size. But there are a few key differences that would make Legette an upgrade. 

One is that Legette's top speed measured on the field last year was faster than anyone in the NFL during the season. The man exceeded 22 mph.

Legette also excels in a number of short routes that Davis doesn't. He's very good on bubble screens, drags and quick slants. Those are some bread and butter plays that allowed him to be one of the best receivers beating man coverage last year.

Also, his 73% catch percentage last year is better than any year Davis has had...

So his long speed is much better than Davis, he produces very well in the short underneath game to beat man, and he catch the ball more consistently.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1. Harrison
  2. Nabers
  3. Odunze
  4. Thomas
  5. McConkey
  6. Mitchell
  7. Coleman
  8. Franklin
  9. Worthy
  10. Pearsall
  11. Leggette

Well, I like Thomas, McConkey, and Mitchell. I was defending McConkey as a fella who could replace Diggs one day.

I do think they should look at a big X. I don't see any chance Thomas even slides within trade range.

Mitchell would be nice.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

There are some similarities to Gabe and Legette in terms of size. But there are a few key differences that would make Legette an upgrade. 

One is that Legette's top speed measured on the field last year was faster than anyone in the NFL during the season. The man exceeded 22 mph.

Legette also excels in a number of short routes that Davis doesn't. He's very good on bubble screens, drags and quick slants. Those are some bread and butter plays that allowed him to be one of the best receivers beating man coverage last year.

Also, his 73% catch percentage last year is better than any year Davis has had...

So his long speed is much better than Davis, he produces very well in the short underneath game to beat man, and he catch the ball more consistently.

Agreed, but “better than Gabe” hopefully is not the bar to clear at 28.  To be clear, I’m not saying I don’t like Legette, but 28 feels rich for him.

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Agreed, but “better than Gabe” hopefully is not the bar to clear at 28.  To be clear, I’m not saying I don’t like Legette, but 28 feels rich for him.

I hear that... I see Legette as a cross between Deebo and Aj Brown. And like them think he will go in early to mid round 2. So you have to either take him a bit too early at 28, or trade up in round 2. 

I think Worthy could go as the 4th or 5th and push Mitchell down to us. Or within a small trade up. 

But if all the 1st round grade wr's are gone and Beane couldn't trade up, then he has to go BPA (hopefully at a premium position of need: DE, CB) or trade down into early 2... And if neither of those are available, I think that's when you look to take a wr like Legette at 28.

Edited by Motorin'

People always laugh about comp picks but the Bills are now at 11 picks this year and right now 10 picks next year. 

If your on the trade up train for someone like Adonai Mitchell or whomever they can dip into their pick pool for next year despite not having a 3rd rounder this year 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1. Harrison
  2. Nabers
  3. Odunze
  4. Thomas
  5. McConkey
  6. Mitchell
  7. Coleman
  8. Franklin
  9. Worthy
  10. Pearsall
  11. Leggette

I disagree strongly. I think he is way better than Gabe. He is a 1st round grade and WR4 on my board. I do think there is some inefficiency in his release that can be tidied up and I agree that while he is fast he isn't sudden he is a long strider. But he separates plenty well enough at all levels of the field for me. Indeed against man coverage he separates at a better rate than most of the class. And then he is terrific attacking the football in the air. I'd happily take him at #28 and not look back. I do accept that the one year production and the age are legit concerns, but the tape is really good IMO.

But I accept I am higher than the consensus. He won't go round 1 I don't think. But I am very confident he is going to be really good in the NFL. 

50 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Basically this is what I see on film too.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree strongly. I think he is way better than Gabe. He is a 1st round grade and WR4 on my board. I do think there is some inefficiency in his release that can be tidied up and I agree that while he is fast he isn't sudden he is a long strider. But he separates plenty well enough at all levels of the field for me. Indeed against man coverage he separates at a better rate than most of the class. And then he is terrific attacking the football in the air. I'd happily take him at #28 and not look back. I do accept that the one year production and the age are legit concerns, but the tape is really good IMO.

But I accept I am higher than the consensus. He won't go round 1 I don't think. But I am very confident he is going to be really good in the NFL. 

Basically this is what I see on film too.

I've been thinking he's a solid bet for us at #28. I figure Mitchell could be the choice there, but I'm surprised you are skeptical he will go round 1. 

I don't want to hear Beane passing on Legette to take a Chop Robinson. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I've been thinking he's a solid bet for us at #28. I figure Mitchell could be the choice there, but I'm surprised you are skeptical he will go round 1. 

I don't want to hear Beane passing on Legette to take a Chop Robinson. 

I know it isn't the be all and end all but find me a reputable mocker with Legette in round 1. The creditable guys mock based on what they hear from sources. That's the job. And I am not seeing him turning up there which suggests sources are more consistent with the guys I speak to who think he will go round 2.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I know it isn't the be all and end all but find me a reputable mocker with Legette in round 1. The creditable guys mock based on what they hear from sources. That's the job. And I am not seeing him turning up there which suggests sources are more consistent with the guys I speak to who think he will go round 2.

I could be wrong, but he feels like a Kaiir Elam to me. Not a great comparison as far as what Elam's done at the next level, but same concept. A guy who is in a cluster of guys considered high to mid 2nd Rounders who, when push comes to shove, goes higher than people thought based on measurables and athletic traits.

Almost no one had Elam going above Andrew Booth and he was firmly entrenched in that next tier with Kyler Gordon and Roger McCreary - with many having him under one or both of them as well.

When there's a group of similarly talented players at the same position, mocks are often wrong when Draft Day comes and it comes down to team preference. Of which they're simply guessing. We also haven't fully reached the apex of where they start altering Drafts based on things they've heard. That's not going to happen until we get much closer.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1