2024 WR Draft Class

The only reason to move up would be for Thomas. Otherwise one or two of Mitchell, Worthy and Franklin will be there at 28.

We don’t need to panic 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

The only reason to move up would be for Thomas. Otherwise one or two of Mitchell, Worthy and Franklin will be there at 28.

We don’t need to panic 

Odunze or Nabers if Beane goes bananas

Giants at 6 or Bears at 9

IMO if we go after Thomas it’s got to be Seattle at 16

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Honestly I’d love if Beane went bananas and got one of Odunze or my boy Nabers. 

But I don’t think it’s happening 

6 minutes ago, DJB said:

We don’t need to panic 

Franklin at 28 is pretty much out. He was more of a projection by fans of the board that watched highlights than a consensus 1st Round Pick to begin with.

After a historically bad Combine, both in performance and metrics, dispelling everything that made him a 1st Round projection by some and confirming concerns - he's settled in universally as a mid 2nd Round Pick on all Mocks. Seriously, take a look and find me one person who has him as a 1st these days.

He's no better than WR9 at this point across the board.

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That kind of trade up was never going to happen even before today. We didn't even bother talking to either Nabers or Odunze at the Combine. If it was even as much as a thought that we'd consider doing a trade up for one of them, we would have.

The difference in prospect projection between them and whomever we pick in Round 1 is not worth giving up the King's bounty it would take to get one. Regardless of how a prospect looks, there's no guarantee that the guys at the top will end up being better than guys taken a little later - at the next level.

We'd look completely foolish to give up that much and then there's a situation like 2020, where Justin Jefferson as WR5 was FAR and away better in the NFL than everyone taken before him.

Beane's far too responsible to do something like that. If we still had Doug Whaley, maybe. And that blew up in his face, trading away a 1st in 2015 to get Sammy Watkins when we could have kept that pick and Drafted OBJ.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

You know, as much as it would hurt down the road I’d be all for trading that far up if it landed Nabers or Odunze. 

Personally, 16-20 range and landing Thomas Jr. would do nicely as a consolation prize. 

11 minutes ago, BBFL said:

You know, as much as it would hurt down the road I’d be all for trading that far up if it landed Nabers or Odunze. 

Personally, 16-20 range and landing Thomas Jr. would do nicely as a consolation prize. 

Lol at calling Thomas Jr. "a consolation prize" when it's more likely we probably won't be able to land him.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Franklin at 28 is pretty much out. He was more of a projection by fans of the board that watched highlights than a consensus 1st Round Pick to begin with.

After a historically bad Combine, both in performance and metrics, dispelling everything that made him a 1st Round projection by some and confirming concerns - he's settled in universally as a mid 2nd Round Pick on all Mocks. Seriously, take a look and find me one person who has him as a 1st these days.

He's no better than WR9 at this point across the board.

What if Franklin purposefully tanked the combine so as to drop right into the willing lap of….the Buffalo Bills! Hmmmmm? 😉

Lol at calling Thomas Jr. "a consolation prize" when it's more likely we probably won't be able to land him.

That would be a consolation prize if you’re unsuccessful in trading up for Nabers or Odunze…

🤔

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Who I think they'd take? Adonai Mitchell. 

I'd still take Legette over him personally. 

I still find myself gravitating to McConkey at 28.  I know at 6'0" he's not a true outside receiver, but I think he'd move all around our offensive scheme and catch 80-100 passes.  Combine him with a more tradition outside wr via UFA or maybe draft another WR in rd 4 like Johnny wilson, Brenden Rice (pedigree), Javon Baker or Jacob Cowing.  I just have a feeling if we don't draft McConkey we'll regret it.  NOW, if Thomas slips to 28, or if we can trade up to grab him, I'm all for that!! Will be fun nonetheless

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What if Franklin purposefully tanked the combine so as to drop right into the willing lap of….the Buffalo Bills! Hmmmmm? 😉

Beyond the ridiculousness of such a notion, would be a helluva trick to somehow shrink 2".

And to be honest, there really wasn't any scenario even before he ran way slower than expected (including ranking last amongst all WR's in the 10 yard split), measured in 2" shorter, 15 lbs. lighter, and performed awful in drills where we had to worry about him not dropping "right into the willing lap" of us at 28.

He was supremely overrated by members of this board to begin with. For all his highlights, he has just as much tape of him struggling against CB's who won't be NFL players.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Beyond the ridiculousness of such a notion, would be a helluva trick to somehow shrink 2".

And to be honest, there really wasn't any scenario even before he ran way slower than expected (including ranking last amongst all WR's in the 10 yard split), measured in 2" shorter, 15 lbs. lighter, and performed awful in drills where we had to worry about him not dropping "right into the willing lap" of us at 28.

He was supremely overrated by members of this board to begin with.

Agreed. I think Beane really wants Thomas but wont be able to get him unless he drops into the 20s

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, BBFL said:

That would be a consolation prize if you’re unsuccessful in trading up for Nabers or Odunze…

🤔

The Nabers/Odunze trade up is a Pipe Dream of the highest magnitude. You might as well ponder the idea of us moving up for Marvin Harrison Jr. It's about as likely. Again, if it was even so much as a passing thought of a possibility, we'd have interviewed them at the Combine. We didn't even bother and for good reason.

10 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Agreed. I think Beane really wants Thomas but wont be able to get him unless he drops into the 20s

Agreed. He represents the highest rated prospect at play for us in a Trade Up. And even then, I don't see us doing it unless he falls into the 20's. I'd be shocked if we hopped Jacksonville to 16, but that's about the most "pie in the sky" idea based in any sort of realism.

10 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Ricky Pearsall is up to 39 on DJ's big board.

He's my 5th rated WR.  I think he fits perfectly to what the Bills need and what WR work best with Allen.  Tell me this isnt what Beane and Mcdermott have been saying:

DJ Big Board

Pearsall is a loose, smooth wideout with outstanding hands and toughness. He is quick in his release and he understands how to change gears as a route runner. He is fluid getting into and out of breaks. He has outstanding hands. He attacks the ball at the highest point and makes some circus catches (SEE: one-handed gem vs. Charlotte). After the catch, he is quick to transition up the field and has the elusiveness to make defenders miss in space. He has a lean frame, but he plays with excellent toughness and competitiveness. Pearsall followed up an excellent 2023 season with a solid week at the Senior Bowl and should have a starting role from Day 1 for his drafting team.

I’m to a point where I’d rather trade down if Thomas and Mitchell are off the board.  I think losing the 3rd rd comp picks hurts our chances of trading up very far.  If Legette is the pick, I’m ok with it, but I don’t think he’s that much better than Pearsall where I wouldn’t rather have and additional 3rd rd pick from a trade down.  He’s athletic and has nice speed + hands.  I do think his catch radius could keep him from being our target 

55 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I still find myself gravitating to McConkey at 28.  I know at 6'0" he's not a true outside receiver, but I think he'd move all around our offensive scheme and catch 80-100 passes.  Combine him with a more tradition outside wr via UFA or maybe draft another WR in rd 4 like Johnny wilson, Brenden Rice (pedigree), Javon Baker or Jacob Cowing.  I just have a feeling if we don't draft McConkey we'll regret it.  NOW, if Thomas slips to 28, or if we can trade up to grab him, I'm all for that!! Will be fun nonetheless

I don't think it will happen, but I like him a lot. I wouldn't mind McConkey,  and Rice in the fourth. Rice may go earlier. Wilson is a fraud, forget about him. They need a big X. Coleman is a possibility, but I'd rather take him in the second, which only happens in a trade back or a defensive player in the first. My bet is Legette or Mitchell at #28 is the most likely result. 

The Nabers/Odunze trade up is a Pipe Dream of the highest magnitude. You might as well ponder the idea of us moving up for Marvin Harrison Jr. It's about as likely. Again, if it was even so much as a passing thought of a possibility, we'd have interviewed them at the Combine. We didn't even bother and for good reason.

Agreed. He represents the highest rated prospect at play for us in a Trade Up. And even then, I don't see us doing it unless he falls into the 20's. I'd be shocked if we hopped Jacksonville to 16, but that's about the most "pie in the sky" idea based in any sort of realism.

Anything is theoretically possible, but yes it likely won’t happen. A poster made a proposition, I commented a thought about their post in response. 

You’re right. That’s what you clearly want to hear. 

Again, You. Are. Right. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Definitely a little reminiscent of Beane being excited by Gabe running a slower than expected 40 lol. I think anyone that watches Franklin on film knows he’s still one of the fastest WRs in the class. I think the shaky hands he showed at the Combine is concerning though; that was something I had flagged as a potential flaw in his game on film but it’s always tough when you’re just watching a handful of games. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m to a point where I’d rather trade down if Thomas and Mitchell are off the board.  I think losing the 3rd rd comp picks hurts our chances of trading up very far.  If Legette is the pick, I’m ok with it, but I don’t think he’s that much better than Pearsall where I wouldn’t rather have and additional 3rd rd pick from a trade down.  He’s athletic and has nice speed + hands.  I do think his catch radius could keep him from being our target 

I have a hard time envisioning Beane, with his track record, collecting more picks when we already have 10 or whatever. But I agree, I think I’d probably look to trade down or draft a different position if Thomas doesn’t make it to 28 (which he almost certainly won’t). After the top 4, the other guys that I believe are fringe first rounders are currently sliding down the board and seem gettable in the 40s at this point. 

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Who I think they'd take? Adonai Mitchell. 

I'd still take Legette over him personally. 

I’ve been saying A Mitchell on here for well over a month now

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I have a hard time envisioning Beane, with his track record, collecting more picks when we already have 10 or whatever. But I agree, I think I’d probably look to trade down or draft a different position if Thomas doesn’t make it to 28 (which he almost certainly won’t). After the top 4, the other guys that I believe are fringe first rounders are currently sliding down the board and seem gettable in the 40s at this point. 

1 hour ago, DJB said:

I’ve been saying A Mitchell on here for well over a month now

Thomas WILL be gone well before 28 in almost ANY sane draft scenario. One of Mitchell and/or Worthy is potentially still on the board, and I think viable at 28 (Adonai Mitchell especially screams future #1 WR to me). Coleman's 40 time could very well push him to Day Two, although I think he's much more dynamic than that isolated test suggests. Picks 20-50 could see 7 or 8 WRs selected in a legendary run (Mitchell, Worthy, Coleman, McConkey, Pearsall, McMillan, Legette, Franklin, Polk, Baker or Cowing, Wilson, and others are all potentially in play). 

• Agree 1