2024 WR Draft Class

17 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Let’s go on the record now boys … week before FA…

1 pick only as to which WR they are taking at 28…

Let’s assume Thomas is out of reach as Top 20 and Beane won’t pay the freight to move up…

So who you got folks?

Right now, I think it's 1 of 3 guys. A small-medium trade up for Brian Thomas Jr. or Adonai Mitchell or Xavier Legette at 28. I'd be happy with any of them.

If I'm having to pick only 1, right now my gut says Legette at 28.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Who I think they'd take? Adonai Mitchell. 

I'd still take Legette over him personally. 

You think Mitchell falls to 28?  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You think Mitchell falls to 28?  

Yes. I don't think there is going to be the rush on receivers others seem to. I just don't see a lot of receiver needs in that bunch from 10 to 27 and I see a TON of OL and CB need. It is a really good OL class as well. I think 7 OTs could go in round one plus a couple of interior guys (Barton and Powers-Johnson). 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes. I don't think there is going to be the rush on receivers others seem to. I just don't see a lot of receiver needs in that bunch from 10 to 27 and I see a TON of OL and CB need. It is a really good OL class as well. I think 7 OTs could go in round one plus a couple of interior guys (Barton and Powers-Johnson). 

Agreed that OT is our best hope to push the WR talent down, along with WR depth.  Best case scenario would be to land Mitchell or Legette at 28.

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Let’s go on the record now boys … week before FA which could  lead to a “fluid “ outcome if they sign or trade for someone 

1 pick only as to which WR they are taking at 28…( or a minor trade up like last year) 

Let’s assume Thomas is out of reach as Top 20 and Beane won’t pay the freight to move up…

So who you got folks?

My real guess would be that we trade up for Thomas or pass on WR at 28. If we have to go WR and it has to be at 28, my guess right now, as much as I would not like it, would be Xavier Legette. I think at 28 (again limiting just to WRs), it's likely a decision between Legette, Coleman, and McConkey and my guess would be that's the order they have them in.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

My real guess would be that we trade up for Thomas or pass on WR at 28. If we have to go WR and it has to be at 28, my guess right now, as much as I would not like it, would be Xavier Legette. 

I like the story of Legette more than I like what I see on the field. He’s not in my top 8 WRs right now and I wouldn’t take him at 28. Round 2 sure 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I like the story of Legette more than I like what I see on the field. He’s not in my top 8 WRs right now and I wouldn’t take him at 28. Round 2 sure 

He’s crappy so use a second rounder on him?  We tried that with James Hardy.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Right now, I think it's 1 of 3 guys. A small-medium trade up for Brian Thomas Jr. or Adonai Mitchell or Xavier Legette at 28. I'd be happy with any of them.

If I'm having to pick only 1, right now my gut says Legette at 28.

I would add Keon Coleman to that mix as well at 28. He has the size and skill set to replicate the things that Davis did well -- with better hands to go along with it.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He is not crappy.

I wasn’t declaring that.  I was responding to @NeverOutNick who seems to have that opinion.  Whether he’s right or wrong on the player analysis I don’t understand the thought process. “I don’t like him but if he is there in the second…….”

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I'd guess if he's saying he's not in his top 8 WRs, he's probably shortly after that, which in this class likely means he likes him a decent amount. Just not at 28.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Gunner, what are your thoughts on Ladd McConkey?

38 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don’t think he’s crappy at all. I think he’s a hard worker and a good #2 WR but he’s not worth a first round pick imo

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gunner, what are your thoughts on Ladd McConkey?

I think he is a good player. I am not sure he fits what the Bills need is. He is somewhere between Shakir and Diggs in terms of skillset. I think his NFL future is primarily in the slot. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is a good player. I am not sure he fits what the Bills need is. He is somewhere between Shakir and Diggs in terms of skillset. I think his NFL future is primarily in the slot. 

Ladd is the next Justin Jefferson, confirmed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

My real guess would be that we trade up for Thomas or pass on WR at 28. If we have to go WR and it has to be at 28, my guess right now, as much as I would not like it, would be Xavier Legette. I think at 28 (again limiting just to WRs), it's likely a decision between Legette, Coleman, and McConkey and my guess would be that's the order they have them in.

These are my feelings exactly. I feel like Legette is our guy, reminds me a lot of Eric Moulds.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Ladd is the next Justin Jefferson, confirmed.

IMO , if it's down to Leggette and Coleman, I'd take Legette. However, there are enough teams with two 2nd rd. picks, I'd gladly give up next years 1st to get a another 2nd this year. That way we could go with say...Legette, Sweat and Ladd or Wilson at 60.

Or what if...say...Byron Murphy somehow drops to 28. We could trade SF next year's 1st for Aiyuk and still get another good one at 60....IDK.

I've been reading BR's scouting reports on all positions and compared to most media, the draft slot projections are way different. It seems their grades are much lower than the media and maybe given recent history more accurate.

Of course nothing matters until FA begins.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nosejob said:

IMO , if it's down to Leggette and Coleman, I'd take Legette. However, there are enough teams with two 2nd rd. picks, I'd gladly give up next years 1st to get a another 2nd this year. That way we could go with say...Legette, Sweat and Ladd or Wilson at 60.

Or what if...say...Byron Murphy somehow drops to 28. We could trade SF next year's 1st for Aiyuk and still get another good one at 60....IDK.

I've been reading BR's scouting reports on all positions and compared to most media, the draft slot projections are way different. It seems their grades are much lower than the media and maybe given recent history more accurate.

I’m liking Roman Wilson in the 2nd round.  Dude is explosive and probably would’ve had much bigger numbers in a wide open offense like most of the other top WR’s played in.  

On 1/27/2024 at 12:38 PM, Donuts and Doritos said:

Topic for analysis of 2024 draft class at WR & discuss who would be available & a fit for the Bills.

Adoni mitchell ( spelled wrong) is gonna be great. after playing in alabama, georgia, texas, he is ready. i don't know anything about route running, but he is a pass catcher. he can high point the ball with the best of them! i live in austin so i see every game.  and i can't believe Worthy ran the fastest 40! they will be missed.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I would not trade next year’s 1.  This could be a step-back season with all of the losses on D.  I would not want to be sitting here a year from now having traded a mid 1st round pick for an extra 2nd this year.

• Agree 1