2024 WR Draft Class

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Worthy 4.25  wow

Worthy was my top realistic pick for the Bills before the weigh ins.  Now,  I may have to put him back in that spot,  despite it.  They could follow up with a more traditional 2nd WR in R2 or 3. 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Wow .. Worthy 4.22

John Ross went at No 9 ( pick before Mahomes ) when he  ran that…

My favorite memory of John Ross is that he would have won his own private island if he had run the 40 while wearing Adidas. Instead he wore Nikes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

That was one of my favorite Combine moments... Maybe my favorite... And I've seen every televised minute of the Combine since it's been available...

That was super fun... Well done Mr Worthy... B-)

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Worthy 4.25  wow

Now 4.22. That's even faster than I expected. Wow.

Will be interested to see his field drills to ensure he's more than just a track star and has the fundamentals.

If you look at the Top 40 times of all time at the Combine - it's not exactly a who's who of NFL stars.

My concerns with size and college usage still remain. However, with Franklin not coming close as I expected - if he can show he has the requisite skills, I may think about looking past some of those things.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Ahh, Beane likes traits. I think he wants a big X. Mitchell, Legette, Thomas, and Coleman check that box. To repeat what I wrote earlier, Greg Cosell is one of the most astute football minds. I think he's especially good on WR. He watched the same tape, and came away very impressed with Mitchell. Legette is going to be good, imo.  I'm not one of those who would be super angry if they took McConkey, because he's right at the top of my list for folks I like in this draft. I don't think it would be the right move, but that's because I think we need to prioritize a different kind of receiver. All the same, in truth, if McConkey ends up on the Bills, I'm buying his jersey.

It's funny about Cosell... 2 years ago I was SO high on George Pickens... I wanted the Bills to get him so bad... I knew he would be there in the late 1st... I just loved him as a prospect. So Cosell goes on One Bills Live before that Draft and basically says... "You may be surprised about this, but I think my favorite WR in this class is George Pickens" And I'm like... Genius!... :D

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

28.  Worthy

60.  Coleman

😆

My dude, I think you're really setting yourself up for disappointment with the non-stop 28 AND 60 posts.

We usually fill 2 starting holes in Round 1 and Round 2. And with the amount of money we don't have this year and the amount of holes we have, it's more likely than ever this year.

Between Diggs, Round 1 WR, Kincaid, Shakir, and Knox - the next WR we take is looking at theoretically at best - 5th in targets and reps. The kind of reps that player would have isn't something you spend a 2nd on.

Meanwhile the odds that we'll need a Starter at another position like DE, DT, S or at least a DE or DT that would be 3rd in rotation who would be seeing the field FAR more is almost a given.

I do think we'll double down later. But if you're going to get upset if we only take 1 at 28 - probably best to prepare yourself for that now.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

Just now, CNYfan said:

This thread brings back memories of Limas Sweed and Malcolm Kelly

So sad, there's a lot of WR talent. Naturally, they won't all hit, but you're still not going to get DL in the first.

I know we will need our picks this year to fill holes, but  I would trade up to get Thomas in the first round.  Think Rice would be a good pick as a physical WR for the Bills, but in the later rounds.  Also like Pearsall a lot.

Edited by jahnyc
  • Like (+1) 2