Mr. Pegula please read Tyler Dunne’s newest article

14 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Then you're missing out on a man telling the truth here.  I get that Dunne has a "rep" but check these out and tell me he's wrong:

Those suffering from Drought Brain — terrified of another dark age — will soon nestle into another blanket of excuses and swiftly demonize any criticism of team, of coach.

None of this happens if the Bills — ownership on down — operate with Allen at forefront of mind. He’s the most important person in the building. He’s the employee with the richest contract in Buffalo sports history. That’s what blew the minds of so many players and coaches I spoke to for The McDermott Problem. Those who’ve been around McDermott every day describe the coach as a simpleton when it comes to this position, as if he never understood that Allen was the No. 1 reason this team is a Super Bowl contender.

As I write this column, McDermott is holding his season-ending press conference. He says the biggest reason for their turnaround was cutting down turnovers. Let’s hope he doesn’t try to neuter Allen’s arm this offseason after taking aim at his legs last offseason

Nah, the dude is an absolute joke of a journalist.  A journalist puts forth evidence from both sides and lets the reader make their own decisions.  This clown has an ulterior motive...to grow his trash website with other trash articles.  He found a soft spot that got him clicks by interviewing a bunch of people who were fired, let go, not offered contracts, etc and mostly too afraid to put their name to it.  It's garbage reporting from a garbage "journalist."

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Josh had an 86.1 passer rating in the Chiefs game.  Against the Bengals in playoffs last year it was 68.   Those are both below average

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Passer rating is still a thing?

Does the passer rating account for this play?

Diggs drop.jpg

Just throwing this out there: If you watch Kurt Warners All-22 review (Part 2)...there's a separate thread for it...he basically says that this long bomb to Diggs was a dumb move by JA, with a very low chance of success, because he had another receiver Wide Open over the deep middle of the field.

Of course I am a huge JA fan, and am very thankful that he plays for the Bills, but I also agree that he did not have anywhere near a perfect game last Sunday. If you go to that Kurt Warner thread, and watch both parts 1 & 2, this will be blatantly obvious. And yes, there were MANY other things that contributed to the L, but I can be honest about JA too. Without him, the Bills get blown out in that game. Without him the last 6 years, the Bills are at or below .500 every year.

4 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

also, arguing  that Allen’s rating would have broken 100 if  two low percentage bombs weren’t  dropped is silly .  There’s a reason long bombs are only thrown a few times a game 

So the Bills spend the entire game running the ball and throwing short passes in order to set up a couple of deep throws.  That is football 101.  Under that situation those are not "low percentage bombs".  Brady calls a deep shot off play action (again football 101) and Allen throws perfect balls to 2 WR's that hit them in the hands.  Both passes are dropped which IMO was the only real thing the offense did wrong the whole game. 

Just now, Beck Water said:

I'm actually a (not so) secret Larry Bird addict.  When I'm feeling "down" I like to look up an old Larry Bird highlight reel on Youtube and feast my eyeballs.  Which is a little weird since I'm not really an NBA fan at all.  But do what you gotta do to keep yourself positive!

Bird was unquestionably a great player.  If I'm not mistaken, Bird spent 3 years as an NBA coach and took a team that had been vacillating between losing the EC finals and losing in the 1st round, to....losing the EC finals twice and losing the finals once.  After which they went back to vacillating between losing the EC finals and losing in the first round.

Guess I'm not sure why one would look to Larry Bird as an authority on how to manage a championship Football team?

Larry's rule bit the Pacers in the butt when he fired Rick Carlisle only to hire Jim O'Brian proving that sometimes change is not for the best. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

My opinion is that MANY people in here are way more knowledgeable about the Bills' organization's strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, coaching tactics, etc, than the Kelce brothers. Just because they're players, that means very little when discussing the nuances of the Buffalo Bills (or really, any team other than their own).

There are people in here who have been watching and studying the Bills (and NFL footbal) for decades, and have seen every Bills' play, in every game this year. How many Bills games have the Kelce brothers seen this year, other than the one each saw when they were on the opposing sidelines? And my experience of watching the league for 50+ years says that during a game, when a starting/active player is not out on the field, he's really not paying close attention to the game, and definitely not paying close attention to every move that the coaches are making, like rabid fans certainly ARE.

Then if you've devoted that much time you should put in a application because i'm sure you with all your years watching the NFL know more than the players & coaches, from what you just posted . Maybe you could get hired .

With all that being said, do you realize how much tape players & coaches watch to be elite NFL players & coaches ?  I'm not real sure but i will leave it to those to do what they have dedicated their entire adult life to be over a fans opinion but hey that's just me .

I just like you as a Bills fan have put my blind faith in coaches that i thought were going to take the Bills to the promise land & didn't even get close . I for one will stick with McD until every last stone he can find to turn over has been turned ! We could be the Cardinals or the Panthers - I"m Out ...

I thought trading up to draft Sammy Watkins was a fire-able offense for the GM, and I would have done it immediately.

I thought the 13 seconds game was a fire-able offense for the coaching staff. Again, I would've done it immediately.

I think the end of season win streak is the HC's finest work to date, and part of me just doesn't care.

I often wonder if these views are because I'm a cranky old man, and I have no patience any more. I'm tired, boss.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Just throwing this out there: If you watch Kurt Warners All-22 review (Part 2)...there's a separate thread for it...he basically says that this long bomb to Diggs was a dumb move by JA, with a very low chance of success, because he had another receiver Wide Open over the deep middle of the field.

Fair point but that play and situation in the game reminded me of Allen's 75 yard TD strike to Gabe Davis in the 2021 KC playoff game.  Remember the Chiefs had just gone up 23 - 14 in the 3rd quarter and it looked like the Bills were on the precipice of getting blown out. So 1st down after the KO Allen did a play action drop back and ignored a wide open Knox across the middle for a 20 yard gain in order to push the ball 55 yards down the field for the TD.  That play changed the game into a shootout that the Bills should have won but for McD's ineptitude at the end.

On Sunday Allen hit Diggs in the hands at the 25 yard line. At worst Diggs is tripped up there but it looks to me like he would have scored putting the Bills in the lead half way through the 4th quarter. That kind of lightening strike immediately after the Chiefs had fumbled the ball through the end zone may have changed the entire rhythm and momentum of the game.

I want Allen making that throw EVERY SINGLE TIME.

14 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I want Allen making that throw EVERY SINGLE TIME.

That ball was a rainbow, 62 yards in the air, with a 10-15mph wind, AT NIGHT, in 20° temperature. Not really sure if Diggs even saw it until it was too late.

IN THIS INSTANCE, I'll side with Warner, and say it was a dumb decision, and he should have gone to the wide open guy over the middle.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

That ball was a rainbow, 62 yards in the air, with a 10-15mph wind, AT NIGHT, in 20° temperature. Not really sure if Diggs even saw it until it was too late.

IN THIS INSTANCE, I'll side with Warner, and say it was a dumb decision, and he should have gone to the wide open guy over the middle.

But if Diggs makes the catch, it's a fantastic decision that may have won the game.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and Kurt Warners analysis is exactly that 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-buffalo-bills-have-a-decision

Tyler Dunne is spot on. Great article I don’t understand how at the very least we couldn’t have told Sean McDermott hey we’re going to explore other options at head coach in the next few weeks. We are not firing you unless we find someone we think will maximize Josh Allens talents and get us to a Super Bowl more than you can.

It’s an off-season that has Hall of Fame coaches just sitting there for the taking. Why not at least check it out.  What’s the worst that happens if we do that? McD gets pissy and resigns. Well thank God for that. 

That's equivalent to telling your wife you aren't divorcing her but you are going to explore other options this summer. 

15 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This is pretty dumb.  Imagine telling your head coach, hey, we are going to see if something better is out there.  Sit tight.   Why are people's brains broken?

Maybe said head coach should perform better in the biggest moments? His defense crumbles when it matters most - and that may be putting it kindly.

50 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Of course I am a huge JA fan, and am very thankful that he plays for the Bills, but I also agree that he did not have anywhere near a perfect game last Sunday. If you go to that Kurt Warner thread, and watch both parts 1 & 2, this will be blatantly obvious. And yes, there were MANY other things that contributed to the L, but I can be honest about JA too. Without him, the Bills get blown out in that game. Without him the last 6 years, the Bills are at or below .500 every year.

It was a dumb move by Allen to throw deep to Diggs because he had other options that were open, though short yardage?

I wonder how many deep passes that are complete around the NFL where there are open receivers on short routes? Probably most of them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Mr. Pegula, 

Thank you for staying the fork away from the Bills. The greatest Bills era in 30 years is directly because you stay the hell away from the team. Now please take 6 giant leaps back from the Sabres. 

Thanks!

16 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-buffalo-bills-have-a-decision

Tyler Dunne is spot on. Great article I don’t understand how at the very least we couldn’t have told Sean McDermott hey we’re going to explore other options at head coach in the next few weeks. We are not firing you unless we find someone we think will maximize Josh Allens talents and get us to a Super Bowl more than you can.

It’s an off-season that has Hall of Fame coaches just sitting there for the taking. Why not at least check it out.  What’s the worst that happens if we do that? McD gets pissy and resigns. Well thank God for that. 

I like how you think that after one regime having 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses, the next regime having one of the worst playoff losses ever in the music city miracle, a bunch of other regimes not making the playoffs for 17 years and now the current regime having a generational talent at QB and still can't get over the hump that you think letting the current head coach go will all of a sudden make things change. It will never happen. Go ahead and fire McDermott. In 5 years you will wanna get rid of the next guy for the exact same thing

Edited by Buffalo03

13 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Might be the dumbest stereotype I have heard…

He's 35, does that count 🤣 You can support him if you want to, I could care less what he writes.

People like that are a ***** cancer to success. Second guessing everything, entitled little babies. 

Using the internet to harm the reputation of good people. ***** him. 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

While they obviously talk, and McDermott voices his opinion I would imagine Beane runs the draft. During the season McDermott has to focus on the Bills. Beane is constantly talking with his scouts/staff as they watch what is going on with college football. Bottom line is Beane is the one who can focus on college football as well as the Bills. McDermott can't do that. It would make sense the Beane runs the draft. IMHO I would think this is how it goes. 

Of course Beane runs the draft.  He gets input from McD about what positions he needs and the type of players he is looking for.  They align themselves on building the team.  Beane drafts the players he thinks are a fit from what McD wants.  Sometimes it's probably what Beane feels is BPA.  They are aligned though. McD is not dictating the specific player.  Beane isn't dictating the positions.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Mango said:

Mr. Pegula, 

Thank you for staying the fork away from the Bills. The greatest Bills era in 30 years is directly because you stay the hell away from the team. Now please take 6 giant leaps back from the Sabres. 

Thanks!

This may derail the thread (but this thread could use a derailment), but I think that he has also taken giant steps back from the Sabres. The people he chose to run that 💩show are patient to a fault, unlike the previous GMs who were impatient. There has to be some middle ground. Also, there is no equivalent to getting a franchise QB. You are really only as good as your third line and second D pairing. Hockey also stupidly drafts at 18, so building through the draft takes YEARS. /rant 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

Nah, the dude is an absolute joke of a journalist.  A journalist puts forth evidence from both sides and lets the reader make their own decisions.  This clown has an ulterior motive...to grow his trash website with other trash articles.  He found a soft spot that got him clicks by interviewing a bunch of people who were fired, let go, not offered contracts, etc and mostly too afraid to put their name to it.  It's garbage reporting from a garbage "journalist."

I think he hit the nail right on the head...He made some very telling points and I feel they were irrefutable 

40 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I like how you think that after one regime having 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses, the next regime having one of the worst playoff losses ever in the music city miracle, a bunch of other regimes not making the playoffs for 17 years and now the current regime having a generational talent at QB and still can't get over the hump that you think letting the current head coach go will all of a sudden make things change. It will never happen. Go ahead and fire McDermott. In 5 years you will wanna get rid of the next guy for the exact same thing

I disagree and there are multiple examples in the sports world where firing a successful hc who always has the team winning but not quite there for a championship has worked and produced said championship from the new guy.....you just have to get the new guy right...and there is some Big name coaches available.....for example fire McDermott and go get Belichick....you gonna tell me Belichick with a top oc isn't gonna win it all with allen? I find that hard to believe bc we all have seen the Belichick process ..McDermott is a great value Belichick 

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

During the preseason if I told you we'd have a healthy Josh Allen for the whole season and that we finished 11-6 with a home divisional round loss would you be happy with those results ? 

I know I wouldn't. 

What if I told you that a coaching blunder would directly cost us a game (Broncos) and that poor defense would cost us multiple games (Patriots, Eagles) ? That our defense would force only 1 punt in yet another playoff loss meltdown?

We've hit the ceiling with McDivisional. It's time to move on 

During the preseason, if I told you the Bills would get ravaged by defensive injuries early to their best players, Diggs would fall off a cliff, the Bills would fire their OC, Josh would lead the league in TO’s for much of the season, and things would look darkest at 6-6…… but then Ty Dunne tried to paint our coach as a terrorist, they rattled off 6 straight, took the division, and got to the 2 seed and lost on the last play of the game to the Chiefs in the divisional, I’d say it was a pretty good coaching job.

oh wait, that’s what actually happened.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

He didn't say that at all.  He said it was an incredible throw and yes it should have been caught but its tough to track it 65 yards down field.  He says he gets it Diggs was open but for him the percentages he would have went with the guy over the middle (I believe that was Shakir.)  He also says he doesn't know what Josh is told and he could be told if you get your best player one on one with the safety to take the shot. He never said anything about it being dumb.  You are injecting that from your own opinion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.