Bass manned up and spoke to the media. Diggs dissapeared during playoffs, then ducked the media

Pete

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

Give me $20,000,000 a year salary, I’ll FaceTime from the Throne that’s what’s requested!

It’s just really weird to me why adults get all bent out of shape because someone doesn’t want to talk to the media. The same media that has made up lies about them for the past year. Most of the stuff that’s said is just coach speak that says nothing or what they already saw anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Well, I think Diggs himself understands that he can no longer get separation, and adding to that, his once uncanny hand talent is also slipping. 
Major drop against KC that at one time was simply a given to catch.

Yeah, Stef has always seemed to me to be sharper than the average player and if he's at all objective about his own performance he's not blind to his own struggles.

In years past when we were bounced from the playoffs, he had the look of a guy who knew he was the best player on the field but the rest of the team wasn't up to the challenge. This year he's been more subdued, and you have to wonder if he realizes now it's him that's partly holding us back. Got to be tough to swallow.

• Agree 1

The old double standard.

When the Bills beat the Chiefs and Mahomes whined and cried to Allen on the field a lot of the talk was "be professional" "When someone shows you who they are, believe them" and "Gee, guess anyone can be a leader when you're winning" type statements. But, because Diggs runs and hides it's "Well, it's ok if he acts like that"

Here's the thing. This isn't the first time he's don't the run and hide when things go sideways. Last year he tried to run out of the whole damn stadium before the coaches even got to the locker room. He blew up at Allen on the sidelines last year. Did his post season media tour and threw shade on the Bills and Allen. (Odd he could be interviewed then, but not by local media). Was away from the team all off season. Sat out the first day. Wanted all the accountability. And then can't bother to say a few words or answer a few questions. Which he is actually contractually obligated to do, by the way.  Accountability for thee, not for me. 

Meanwhile, Allen is up there taking questions. Poyer. Hyde. You know, actual leaders taking on an actual leadership role. I'm sure in a couple weeks he will poke his head out on Twitter with some cryptic tweet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Leadership = talking to media that has made up bull#### about you all year? What’s cowardly and pathetic is running to a message board to talk trash about another person that you don’t know and are clearly wrong about. 

These are the people that walk with sticks looking for dog poop

Where was Dawson Knox that game?? 

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Shakir, Shorter, and Harty are also under contract. 

harty is JAG.

Shorter was not called up when we were desperate at WR.

Shakir is a slot who should stay a slot @ #3 - that's not an insult. It's where he thrives.

6 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Yeah, Stef has always seemed to me to be sharper than the average player and if he's at all objective about his own performance he's not blind to his own struggles.

In years past when we were bounced from the playoffs, he had the look of a guy who knew he was the best player on the field but the rest of the team wasn't up to the challenge. This year he's been more subdued, and you have to wonder if he realizes now it's him that's partly holding us back. Got to be tough to swallow.

right? and wouldn't that frustrate someone who is remotely aware? i'm sure he's frustrated with everything because i'm sure he understands where he is and where the team is.

further - thinking Shakir can just suddenly burst up to the #2 WR is a bit much.

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs is a superstar and the only player willing to call out this fraud of a headcoach.

I love Diggs!

He was right about Dorsey and McD tried to make him look bad in the media.

Diggs is the only guy who won't talk the company line process and culture BS. 

You saw Diggs on the sideline talking up Allen in multiple games down the stretch. 

Did Diggs throw his QB under the bus when he missed him deep multiple times late in the season and in the Pittsburgh game? No!

Yeah he dropped a few in the playoffs but he made more plays than he missed. 

We want more guys like Diggs not less!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 4
  • Dislike 3

Aside from his own production and friction with the media, wouldn’t surprise me if Diggs is also frustrated with the team’s later season philosophy of running the ball more.  Isn’t that one reason he wanted out of Minnesota and didn’t like playing for Stefanski?  Maybe that’s why the team also started working him into some run plays, to try and keep him happy and give him a chance to make plays from that end.

All that said, if the team decided to flip him to Dallas, we exchange 1st round picks and then get their 3rd in exchange for our 4th, I’d honestly be okay with that as it would free up some cap space for us and improve our draft stock.  We aren’t going to get too much more for a high-priced WR on the wrong side of 30.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, boyst said:

harty is JAG.

Shorter was not called up when we were desperate at WR.

Shakir is a slot who should stay a slot @ #3 - that's not an insult. It's where he thrives.

right? and wouldn't that frustrate someone who is remotely aware? i'm sure he's frustrated with everything because i'm sure he understands where he is and where the team is.

further - thinking Shakir can just suddenly burst up to the #2 WR is a bit much.

I would argue that Harty is below JAG level. But I do agree that Shakir is best suited for the slot. Gotta have your aces in their places. I would HATE to see them suddenly expect him to jump from where he is now to the #2 role. They made that mistake with Davis IMO.  Hopefully they learned from it. 

• Agree 2

Diggs must have had a shoulder injury because why he didn't reach up with two hands and ***** the ball on that long pass is beyond me comprehension.  He's an elite WR and tries to catch what appeared to be a contested ball with his body.  That was very not elite.

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

It’s just really weird to me why adults get all bent out of shape because someone doesn’t want to talk to the media. The same media that has made up lies about them for the past year. Most of the stuff that’s said is just coach speak that says nothing or what they already saw anyway. 

It’s part of what is expected in his line of work.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you care if he talks to the media? Does Diggs come harass you when you have a bad day at work or don’t feel like talking to people? 

If you're going to show someone up on the sidelines when they have a bad day, then be prepared to talk about your bad day.  

• Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

It’s part of what is expected in his line of work.

So whine and cry about it when they don’t want to? That’s just weird. 

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

If you're going to show someone up on the sidelines when they have a bad day, then be prepared to talk about your bad day.  

Who was he showing up on the sidelines? 

Why do you care if he talks to the media? Does Diggs come harass you when you have a bad day at work or don’t feel like talking to people? 

Because Diggs is all about getting in people’s faces and yelling on the sideline, and throwing fits skipping days of training camp when it suits him. He’s a hypocrite and bad leader unless there is something we don’t know.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Because Diggs is all about getting in people’s faces and yelling on the sideline, and throwing fits skipping days of training camp when it suits him. He’s a hypocrite and bad leader unless there is something we don’t know.

What days of training camp did he miss. It’s crazy how two players can do the same thing to “pump” a team up and one is a bad leader and the other is good when they do the same things. 

No Way, if you are a captain making a substantial salary, you need to grow up.  His antics are getting stale.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

So whine and cry about it when they don’t want to? That’s just weird. 

Expecting a public persona to fulfill their media duties isn’t whining or crying.

After the game, all the Cowboy, Panther and KC fans I know where on me like stink on a pig, getting their payback for all the shade I threw their way. I didn’t duck it but accepted it gracefully and like “ A big boy”. 
Being hurt is understandable.Acting hurt and appearing petulant is a choice.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

The defense is why we lost that game.  Atrocious and embarrassing performance by them.

Didn’t Evans cause an INT in the first quarter of their game against Detroit?

There’s never only one single reason why you lose a game. Diggs was also atrocious.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.