What realistic coaching changes do you expect?

BigBadBills

Realistically, I expect McD to move back to HC, promote Washington or Babich to DC, and probably hire Brady as OC. And Smiley stays on ST and gets a chance with a HC helping out.

That is, imo, minimal changes on a staff that needs change but wont change much.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 10

Brady will be the OC. If we bring in or promote a DC they will have very little influence. I don’t expect anybody to even have the leash Frazier did again. McD is not about best man for the job, he’s about falling in line and doing things the way he wants.

• Agree 2

Maybe a couple of lower level lateral transfers but that's about it.  Going from 6-6 to the 2 seed and a playoff win saved a lot of jobs.  McDermott may give someone the title of DC but he'll continue to call plays imo.

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's McD, he'll scapegoat somebody. It'll be the ST coach, he has nobody else. And he'll never take accountability for himself. 

We heard the same thing when he fired Dorsey and Frazier.  It doesn't mean they were the wrong moves though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Special teams was a major factor in the Bills losing a few games this year (at Jets, at Eagles, DEN, KC, very nearly at LAC), and was a major factor in the Bills winning one game (at MIA).

I would hope they would at least look at that and figure out wtf happened there from a management perspective.

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We heard the same thing when he fired Dorsey and Frazier.  It doesn't mean they were the wrong moves though.

Both units got worse after the moves were made so I'd say yeah they were the wrong ones

• Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

While I don't always agree with him, this breakdown shows the inefficiencies of the offense at times.  As good as the offense was at times last night against a great defense, there are several things that could have been done better just by paying attention to the details.  I know some of it may be on the players, but there are definite flaws in the play designs and the coaching of the WRs.  I know Brady isn't a lock yet to be back, but if I had to guess, he'll be back.  But he needs to get into the lab and iron out some of these details.  I think Chad Hall leaving last season really hurt the WR room as well.  You can see in this breakdown just where the lack of coaching is holding this offense back and why it is so hard on Allen and why he is forced to be Superman all the time.  He has to overcome so much.  So, in addition to the ST coach and DL coach being fired (I hope), I want a new WR coach and, if Brady is back, more attention to details and route spacing.  Take the time to watch this.....you will see just how unprepared these players are because of bad coaching.

Don’t see too many changes to be honest maybe a few position coaches. But I think all coordinators will remain the same. I don’t see any reason why McDermott would give up his DC position considering all the injuries. We were 6-6, left for dead and McDermott made chicken salad out of chicken shyt. 

Edited by BillMafia716ix
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Realistically, I expect McD to move back to HC, promote Washington or Babich to DC, and probably hire Brady as OC. And Smiley stays on ST and gets a chance with a HC helping out.

That is, imo, minimal changes on a staff that needs change but wont change much.

I would really like to see what Babich could do

He has all of the makings of good coach

21 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Don’t see too many changes to be honest maybe a few position coaches. But I think all coordinators will remain the same. I don’t see any reason why McDermott would give up his DC position considering all the injuries. We were 6-6, left for dead and McDermott made chicken salad out of chicken shyt. 

I agree with you right up until the last game very disappointed on the production of our defensive line in that game. They should’ve been chasing Mahomes all over the place and never touched him.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would really like to see what Babich could do

He has all of the makings of good coach

I agree with you right up until the last game very disappointed on the production of our defensive line in that game. They should’ve been chasing Mahomes all over the place and never touched him.

Thats not coaching. Players have to win their matchups. They were playing well up until that point. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's McD, he'll scapegoat somebody. It'll be the ST coach, he has nobody else. And he'll never take accountability for himself. 

Maybe he should fire himself?

5 hours ago, BigBadBills said:

ST?

DC?

OC?

what changes do you think Buffalo will make? 

I would be absolutely shocked if Matt Smiley was special teams coordinator last season.  I know that he is liked but aside from the Harty TD against Miami, his units have been and cost the Bills multiple chances to win (NYJ, DEN, KC among others)

I don’t see how you can go into next season with Smiley unless it’s for the sake of continuity which is never a good thing for a failing unit.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.