epic takedown of Nick Wright by Freddie DeBoer (Josh Allen-related)

Just epic and a must-read: https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/nick-wright-and-the-shameless-clown. It is eviscerating and entirely deserved, so enjoy!

(For those who don't know, DeBoer writes mostly about politics/society in a variety of media outlets and is the author of a pretty good book on meritocracy and inequality, The Cult of Smart.)

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 5

52 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Just epic and a must-read: https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/nick-wright-and-the-shameless-clown. It is eviscerating and entirely deserved, so enjoy!

(For those who don't know, DeBoer writes mostly about politics/society in a variety of media outlets and is the author of a pretty good book on meritocracy and inequality, The Cult of Smart.)

Damn that was GREAT and spot on.  Wow.

• Agree 1

Talking heads who don’t make controversial statements or act like a nut don’t get clicks. They don’t get follows. And therefore they don’t get that extra $. 

Nick Wright just got even MORE of those because of this article. 

We know his name because of his antics, not his stellar football knowledge. 

He knows exactly what he’s doing - playing the villain - and it works. Kudos to him for getting everyone to fall for it and make some cash off it. 

8 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Simon said a ton of times, quit posting about this clown. But it still happens.  (and I don't mean you) 🙂

I think this one is okay.

5 minutes ago, paulbills said:

Doesn't matter, we can whine he's a bully all we want, he's right, we haven't done anything to shut him up, an article crying about his gloating will make it even worse and make us look soft.  

It's from a Bears fan.

Wow, was that a great read.  This guy absolutely nailed it.

Against my better common sense, I checked Wright's tweets after the game - just to see if there was any grace, or sportsmanship.  But of course, he was a sore as a sore winner can be.  He is so obsessed w/ Allen, and when the Bills lose, it's always because of Allen.

He's the ultimate clown, and it's a disgrace that sports media elevates guys like this.  I played my part, because I clicked - but that's really what it is now.  Be outrageous, get clicks, make money.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I read it...great article but.... This type of stuff is exactly what NW is looking for.  If you can't be famous, be infamous.  Some might not be able to see it, but I do, Freddie DeBoer played right into NW's hands.  NW would disappear if everyone just stopped acknowledging him.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulbills said:

Doesn't matter, we can whine he's a bully all we want, he's right, we haven't done anything to shut him up, an article crying about his gloating will make it even worse and make us look soft.  

Tell me you didn't click on the link and read and understand the article, without telling me you didn't click on the link and read and understand the article.

1 hour ago, RousseauRage said:

Nonsense article of crybaby excuses. Be better. Win.

Tell me you didn't click on the link and read and understand the article, without telling me you didn't click on the link and read and understand the article.

Oh by the way, which one are you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, paulbills said:

A bears fan wrote it how does that make us soft?????

This is a spot on take of the current state of the sports media landscape as a whole, 30 years ago a player of Allen’s talents and playoff performances would be unanimously respected and hailed as an all time great.

Those days are over and now swimming upstream against the current is what drives these programs. Allen is clearly a top 5 QB no matter where you view it from and to belittle his game is an obvious ploy.

I miss the days of when sports media didn’t require screaming and arguing to entertain.

5 hours ago, Success said:

Wow, was that a great read.  This guy absolutely nailed it.

Against my better common sense, I checked Wright's tweets after the game - just to see if there was any grace, or sportsmanship.  But of course, he was a sore as a sore winner can be.  He is so obsessed w/ Allen, and when the Bills lose, it's always because of Allen.

He's the ultimate clown, and it's a disgrace that sports media elevates guys like this.  I played my part, because I clicked - but that's really what it is now.  Be outrageous, get clicks, make money.

I did the same today, I also have no clue why, it’s even worse today.

It’s a disgrace the targets Allen is getting from the media from all angles and fans of other teams who follow the media blindly, anyone with half a brain who was watching knows deep down Allen not only didn’t lose us that game, but also the only reason it was even close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.