Josh EOY presser

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We have 10 draft picks this year after we get our 3rd round compensatory pick.

Brandon Beane needs to work magic this year and get at least 2 good WRs... one of whom needs to be a 1st or 2nd round stud.  Also needs to find a mid to late round RB who can complement Cook's running style.  Might need a Center, too.

I haven't watched the presser.  I will eventually.  This just sucks because Josh was so awesome yesterday and there's going to be this narrative comparing him to Phillip Rivers for the whole offseason we have to hear. 

Can I crawl in a hole and come out a year from now when we're back in the playoffs, please?

And watch them lose again when it counts?  

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We have 10 draft picks this year after we get our 3rd round compensatory pick.

Brandon Beane needs to work magic this year and get at least 2 good WRs... one of whom needs to be a 1st or 2nd round stud.  Also needs to find a mid to late round RB who can complement Cook's running style.  Might need a Center, too.

I haven't watched the presser.  I will eventually.  This just sucks because Josh was so awesome yesterday and there's going to be this narrative comparing him to Phillip Rivers for the whole offseason we have to hear. 

Can I crawl in a hole and come out a year from now when we're back in the playoffs, please?

If you come out of hole in exactly a year, the Bills would have just lost in the Divisional Round.

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

This is why I’m amazing how many fans want Brady back. His offense did score some points, but it looked like a college offense built around a team with no talent. 

Josh wants him back… so probably a done deal…

To be fair to Brady ….he had limitations at WR all season and was playing someone else’s offense,,

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Josh wants him back… so probably a done deal…

To be fair to Brady ….he had limitations at WR all season and was playing someone else’s offense,,

Josh should be allowed an opinion but didn't he want Dorsey as well?

12 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yup, but it's even worse. The best individual players in baseball don't have the kind of impact that the best players in the NFL do, especially at QB. Trout only comes up to bat 3-4 times and will probably get walked in at least one of those at the end of games. 

We have a guy that plays great in these games (for the most part) and the coach on his side of the ball NEVER comes through even after hogging so many resources for his group. 

It's actually hard to have this level of failure in the playoffs considering what Josh has done, but McD has achieved it. 

Kincaid, Shakir, hopefully a healthy Diggs, and a rookie WR/who they bring in no way they don't do something. Allen seemed locked in on those skill guys in the press conference his frustration is extreme. Plus continuity on an O-Line that actually performed well, I wouldn't be surprised if the offense was very good next season.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Happens every year then Josh doesn't workout or practice all summer but he makes sure he hits up every golf course in the country. Maybe he should try out for the PGA.

I'm not saying he's the reason we lost, I just don't like all of this talk with no action. He should be calling up guys to run routes and workout. He needs to set the standard.

Maybe his is the point where he says **** it I have done all I can?  Maybe he is waiting on this team to actually do something besides hope he can save their asses?

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

They asked him he answered, and it's not like he was bad, and unlike Dorsey he actually adjusted to defenses.

That's fair. I don't think Brady should be simply given the job because Josh wants him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Kincaid, Shakir, hopefully a healthy Diggs, and a rookie WR/who they bring in no way they don't do something. Allen seemed locked in on those skill guys in the press conference his frustration is extreme. Plus continuity on an O-Line that actually performed well, I wouldn't be surprised if the offense was very good next season.

I think so too about offense...but we know the script if McD's still here. The offense will once again have to be perfect for multiple postseason games to win in spite of McD's defense getting lit up, which we KNOW will happen in big games and his in-game managing. It's a bad recipe and probably not possible. 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think they will have to be. I really believe we have to take a half step back and refuel for a very aggressive 2025. If we time it right we should be able to open another $65M in 2025 cap dollars by moving on from Diggs, Miller, and Tre while an offensive focused draft comes into its second season. 

But that means we are winning a lot of games because we score a lot of points. The plus side is we should have enough room ($$$) to keep that group together for a very long time, with enough left over to make a couple big signings on the other side of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So, how many DEs and DL should Beane and McDermott be looking to get in return for him? 🤔😱

Well a 7 man rotation wasn’t getting it done. 
I say we split it down the middle and got for 10. 14 man rotation would be too unfair. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I think so too about offense...but we know the script if McD's still here. The offense will once again have to be perfect for multiple postseason games to win in spite of McD's defense getting lit up, which we KNOW will happen in big games and his in-game managing. It's a bad recipe and probably not possible. 

McDermott or not McDermott, we have no money and we have to get some quality rookies high in the draft this year. Next year the offense will have to ball. 

That said, for the 2024 playoffs, that defense was a mash unit. We are rolling out with backups/injured players at nearly every back 7 position. And not just backups, guys that were 4/5 on the depth chart at their position. It was brutal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Happens every year then Josh doesn't workout or practice all summer but he makes sure he hits up every golf course in the country. Maybe he should try out for the PGA.

I'm not saying he's the reason we lost, I just don't like all of this talk with no action. He should be calling up guys to run routes and workout. He needs to set the standard.

Every quarterback hits the links. Manning did, Mahomes does, Rogers does, etc. 

The only guy who worked out every day over the summer that I can think of was JJ Watt, and he was a complete psychopath 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

McDermott or not McDermott, we have no money and we have to get some quality rookies high in the draft this year. Next year the offense will have to ball. 

That said, for the 2024 playoffs, that defense was a mash unit. We are rolling out with backups/injured players at nearly every back 7 position. And not just backups, guys that were 4/5 on the depth chart at their position. It was brutal. 

What about when the defense was much healthier 2 years ago and McD's D gave up 42 to the Chiefs? The year before that when they gave up 38? And lets be honest, the Chiefs put the brakes on in that game because it was over. They could've put up 50 that night. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Every quarterback hits the links. Manning did, Mahomes does, Rogers does, etc. 

The only guy who worked out every day over the summer that I can think of was JJ Watt, and he was a complete psychopath 

Yep I get it but from a leadership standpoint if Josh really focused in this summer and worked out like crazy he would set the standard for the team. When the team sees him out golfing they probably think well he's not working out maybe I don't have to either 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

What about when the defense was much healthier 2 years ago and McD's D gave up 42 to the Chiefs? The year before that when they gave up 38? And lets be honest, the Chiefs put the brakes on in that game because it was over. They could've put up 50 that night. 

What about it 2 years ago? We blew it. 

Last year we were paper tigers on both sides of the ball. 

For the most part I was higher on this team at the back end of the year than either of those other two. This one hurt, but this wasn't a "McDermott was protecting his precious defense" game. The defense was a seiv and needed to be kept off the field, 

Mahomes and co. didn't win by 4 because they took their foot off the gas. They lost by 4 because the Bills kept their possessions to a minimum with long sustained drives. I am confident that Buffalo wins that game fairly easily with a healthy Milano, Bernard, and Douglas. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Magox said:

Winner of the worst post of the day and there have been many

How so? You don't want your team's leader to demand more? Josh was hyper football focused the summer of COVID and look how good he played that season. Made a huge leap. What if he could make another leap? Or at least set the standard for the team that we are winning it this year at all costs

1 hour ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

It's all words but Josh Allen gave great EOY presser and looks like there was a fire in his eyes. We need that WR2 but I think we could be ok next year especially if we can retain Brady and Josh plays like he did somewhat down the stretch with little to no turnovers.  There will always be some. A lot of tough cap issues but JA is a leader.  Still numb but Who knows. Go Bills. 

Oh boy, he's got that offseason fire.

Let's hope that translates to not turning it over a half dozen times or whatever against the Jets

35 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

This is why I’m amazing how many fans want Brady back. His offense did score some points, but it looked like a college offense built around a team with no talent. 

That isn't necessarily Brady's fault.  There's not enough time in the middle of the year to change the entire system.  He wasn't perfect,  but this offense certainly improved once he took over for Dorsey and I think he did a good job under the circumstances.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yep I get it but from a leadership standpoint if Josh really focused in this summer and worked out like crazy he would set the standard for the team. When the team sees him out golfing they probably think well he's not working out maybe I don't have to either 

I have been hard on Josh's post season, film, and decision making. But he seemed much different the back end of this year. 

One notable mention was that he directly said "I am anxious to get back into the lab and start working". Normally we hear "Gonna let the body heal" or "I will take some time to decompress from this" or "We will work on some things this offseason". 

But this was much more along the lines of "lets get back to work". 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Mentally, Josh probably needs to get away from the game. My gosh, did he account for 50 TDs again? I think he’s the first QB to do that and not make a SB.  And he’s done it twice!  while playing some golf in the offseason. 

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think they will have to be. I really believe we have to take a half step back and refuel for a very aggressive 2025. If we time it right we should be able to open another $65M in 2025 cap dollars by moving on from Diggs, Miller, and Tre while an offensive focused draft comes into its second season. 

But that means we are winning a lot of games because we score a lot of points. The plus side is we should have enough room ($$$) to keep that group together for a very long time, with enough left over to make a couple big signings on the other side of the ball. 

I think the cap issue is somewhat overblown the number will go up by a big amount again and Bean is a wizard, not to mention if there is anything can do to help he's going to do it, within reason obviously. Defense could still be great if we stick with McDermott calling plays getting Milano and Benford back for year 2 with a whole offseason together. Also another offseason for Williams to develop, also I'm just not as worried about McDermott finding ways to fill in the gaps in the secondary White will also be back.

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How so? You don't want your team's leader to demand more? Josh was hyper football focused the summer of COVID and look how good he played that season. Made a huge leap. What if he could make another leap? Or at least set the standard for the team that we are winning it this year at all costs

Another leap, what's he going to start levitating and shooting lasers out of his eyes?

46 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Second most wins in the NFL since 2019. Doesn’t seem like we have too many problems other than first world problems. 

We have yet to get over the hump bc sports are weird and, as in life, things aren’t supposed to be fair. You can do everything right, and still lose. 

Maybe I should of went into the "sports" business because in my profession if you don't produce and get over the hump, you get demoted or fired.  

Second most wins since 2019....wow.  Did the Bills get some kind of trophy for that?  

1 hour ago, eball said:

How is that any different than any other team?  Mahomes had a play a perfect game to beat the Bills...and he did.

He didn't have to - our 'D' was porous top say the least. No pressure all game.

Allen’s playoff stats per game over 10 games:

24/37 - 65%
272 passing yards

2.1 passing TDs

0.4 INT

100 passer rating

8 carries

56 rushing yards

7 YPC

0.5 rushing TD

0 lost fumbles

0.1 receiving TD

———

And that is with a terrible Bengals game dragging down the averages. The fact that we haven’t made the Super Bowl with that kind of QB consistency is nuts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

What about it 2 years ago? We blew it. 

Last year we were paper tigers on both sides of the ball. 

For the most part I was higher on this team at the back end of the year than either of those other two. This one hurt, but this wasn't a "McDermott was protecting his precious defense" game. The defense was a seiv and needed to be kept off the field, 

Mahomes and co. didn't win by 4 because they took their foot off the gas. They lost by 4 because the Bills kept their possessions to a minimum with long sustained drives. I am confident that Buffalo wins that game fairly easily with a healthy Milano, Bernard, and Douglas. 

What I'm saying is you're trying to excuse McD because of the injuries, but his D's have gotten lit up by KC in the playoffs even when they have been relatively healthy. I think someone said that in the last 4 postseasons in these games in which we've been eliminated, we've forced a total 7 punts? That's astonishingly awful. That's his side of the ball that he has poured many resources into. 

It would be hard to find a coach that's consistently worse than him on his side of the ball when it matters most. I can't think of any. 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have been hard on Josh's post season, film, and decision making. But he seemed much different the back end of this year. 

One notable mention was that he directly said "I am anxious to get back into the lab and start working". Normally we hear "Gonna let the body heal" or "I will take some time to decompress from this" or "We will work on some things this offseason". 

You could definitely hear that, also kind of weird you'd think he'd be sore from all the hits and what not, but it was like it was making him stronger, I know that's not how it works but the guy is a maniac.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Agreed. Today sucks and that loss will sting for a while but what can you do. Josh played a very good game up until 2 and 9.  he’s obviously the future as is McD after pulling them out of 6-6 to get to where we were. It still sucks but it is what it is. 

It did seem like Josh wanted to really get back to work and left working with Jordan Palmer open. I hope he does.  While we will be in a cap hell of sorts this off season, thankfully some younger guys did shine this off season and most, if not all of line should be back. Need WR and hit on draft. Next year might be rocky but maybe not. In 2025 we should be out of cap hell though. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think the cap issue is somewhat overblown the number will go up by a big amount again and Bean is a wizard, not to mention if there is anything can do to help he's going to do it, within reason obviously. Defense could still be great if we stick with McDermott calling plays getting Milano and Benford back for year 2 with a whole offseason together. Also another offseason for Williams to develop, also I'm just not as worried about McDermott finding ways to fill in the gaps in the secondary White will also be back.

Another leap, what's he going to start levitating and shooting lasers out of his eyes?

It's a stretch to think White will be back to his former self.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.