How about the D-line? 1 sack in two playoff games

Process

Sure we were beat up in the back 7, but the d line was fully healthy. McBeane has been absolutely relentless in pouring resources into the d line since they stepped foot in Buffalo. I don't think they came close to sniffing Mahomes tonight. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Process said:

Sure we were beat up in the back 7, but the d line was fully healthy. McBeane has been absolutely relentless in pouring resources into the d line since they stepped foot in Buffalo. I don't think they came close to sniffing Mahomes tonight. 

They had him a few times, the one time he rushed for a yard or no gain on 3rd down.  The other time he escaped and threw it away.  But yeah, by and in large, tremendously dissapointing effort from them when we needed them most with how beat up they were in the back 7.

• Like (+1) 3

He was getting the ball out as soon as he hit his drop all night.

On the rare occasions our coverage was solid, he was quick to get out of there.

There were very limited opportunities for the pass rush to be effective and a big reason for that is that we were missing both our starting LB's, both our starting corners and Rasul was out there with a peg leg. You can't expect a DL to get home consistently in 2 seconds or less when there are guys running free all through the secondary.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 6

I haven’t seen AJ since October.  

Rousseau is mid.  

Oliver is a beast.  Same Jones.  But the interior of the KC line dominated them. 

Creed Humphrey is one of the 3 best centers in the league. 

Our DEs are a massive problem.  You can’t win SB with mid DEs. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

He was getting the ball out as soon as he hit his drop all night.

On the rare occasions our coverage was solid, he was quick to get out of there.

There were very limited opportunities for the pass rush to be effective and a big reason for that is that we were missing both our starting LB's, both our starting corners and Rasul was out there with a peg leg. You can't expect a DL to get home consistently in 2 seconds or less.

All the more reason it's pointless invest so heavily in a DL when elite QBs will pick you apart anyway.   

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

All the more reason it's pointless invest so heavily in a DL when elite QBs will pick you apart anyway.   

If they have a healthy back 7 that can holds its coverage for one more second, then that DL can be a difference maker.

They didn't have that tonight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t know, but if we use another first round, pick on the defensive lineman, I’m gonna lose my goddamn mind

Stop putting Band-Aids on this and get NFL actually can separate caliber wide receivers out there

Those guys aren’t just found in RD 1.  

D line - of which we have 3 guys under contract - is going to be priority right there with another WR.  

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Those guys aren’t just found in RD 1.  

D line - of which we have 3 guys under contract - is going to be priority right there with another WR.  

Because we do a good enough job of finding those guys in free agency, and we rotate them as it is

It’s not a good value of draft capital

Dalton Kincaid had over 70 catches this year and was an incredible find. Keep it going.

• Like (+1) 1

Rousseau unfortunately did not have the breakout season that I expected him to have this year. He is possibly the best run stopping DE in the league and has been since his rookie season, but his pass rushing has not developed. 6.0 sacks in 18 games played is not what you hope for from a 1st rounder in his 3rd season.

I saw a stat that tonight was the first game since 2021 that Oliver had 0 pressures. The Chiefs have the best IOL in the league so this was somewhat expected. We needed our edge rushers to make an impact and it just didn't happen.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Creed Humphrey is one of the 3 best centers in the league.

Yeah, but we have had Boogie Basham! Drafted a few picks before Humphrey.

(this comment is obligatory whenever Creed Humphrey is mentioned)

In some alternative universe, Creed Humphrey is still snapping the ball to Patrick Mahomes, but both are in Bills uniforms.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.